ADVERTISEMENT

SCOREBOARD WATCHING II

I could be wrong but, with Fresno losing - I think even if we lose to SJSU we play them again in the Championship. We'll be playing for the right to host the game.

Was wondering what the tie breakers are if we lose to San Jose St. It’s rather simple if we win, we will now play the winner of AFA vs Boise St with Fresno losing. If we lose, however, there will be a 3 way tie for first. Would be curious what the tie breakers are in that scenario and whether they are different depending on the outcome of AFA/BSU.

Was wondering what the tie breakers are if we lose to San Jose St. It’s rather simple if we win, we will now play the winner of AFA vs Boise St with Fresno losing. If we lose, however, there will be a 3 way tie for first. Would be curious what the tie breakers are in that scenario and whether they are different depending on the outcome of AFA/BSU.
I think it goes to National ranking for teams that didn't play heads up and we should be ahead of Boise.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Looked up the rules. First tie breaker is head to head winning %. If AFA beats Boise (and we lose), all 3 teams would be 1-1 in head to head, which would put us to the 2nd tie breaker (national ranking). Not sure how far down they go with that, but 3rd tie breaker is overall winning%. Meaning that if AF wins Friday l, we could be guaranteed a spot in the title game. If Boise wins, I’m not sure if #1 applies or not since we didn’t play Boise. If it does apply, we would be out (again if we were to lose) since Boise would be 1-0, SJSU 1-1 and us 0-1. If they skip that tie breaker, we would likely be in since it would go to overall record.

Of course winning makes everything simple. Win and we’re hosting the winner of BSU and AF

Reactions: LocoRebel
Trying to look out scenarios for "UNLV losses but still gets in"...

Out of BSU vs AFA, whoever loses is out of the mix.

If AFA wins, they will be 6-2 in conference having lost to UNLV and Hawaii.
If BSU wins, they will be 6-2 in conference having lost to Fresno and CSU.

If SJSU beats UNLV, they will be 6-2 having lost to AFA and BSU.

Other than unlv and bsu, all these teams have played each other. If it's UNLV, SJSU, AFA all 6-2, those 3 will be 1-1 against one another so it's computer rankings. If BSU is in the mix, they didn't play UNLV so it's computer rankings.

TIE BETWEEN THREE OR MORE TEAMS: In the event of a percentage tie between three or more teams, the following comparison procedure shall be used until one or more teams gain an advantage and/or the process reverts to the two-team tiebreaking procedures: 1. Winning percentages of the tied teams are compared in a mini round-robin format. If, within the mini roundrobin, any of the tied teams did not play each other, the group of teams shall remain tied, unless one team defeated all other tied teams. 2. Highest CFP Selection Committee Ranking (or composite average of selected computer rankings). The two highest-ranked tied teams will be identified using the following criteria: a. The tied team(s) who are ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee Ranking (November 21) and win in the final weekend. b. A composite average of selected computer rankings for the tied team(s) that lose in the final weekend of the regular season OR were not ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee Ranking (November 21). Note: CFP Selection Committee Ranking is superior to the composite average of selected computer rankings in (a.) and (b.) above. Example 1. If Team A is the only ranked team at 21 and wins in the final weekend of regular season play, it will be declared a participant in the MW Championship Game and would advance to a two-team tiebreaker to determine the host. The second team to advance to the two-team tiebreaker will be identified using the composite of selected computer rankings. Example 2. If Team A is ranked 21, Team B is ranked 22, and Team C is ranked 23 in the CFP Selection Committee Ranking (November 21) and all win in the final weekend of regular season play, Team A and B would be declared participants in the MW Championship Game, and would advance to a two-team tiebreaker to determine the host. Example 3. If Team A is ranked 30.33, Team B is ranked 31.22, and Team C is ranked 32.11 in the composite average of selected computer rankings after all games conclude in the final weekend of regular season play, Team A and B would be declared participants in the MW Championship Game, and would advance to a twoteam tiebreaker to determine the host.

The next thing down is win percentage against all opponents which would be good for UNLV. Not sure how that would happen though.

New Mexico beating Fresno really did us a gigantic favor there. UNLV just gotta beat SJSU and eliminate the need for tie breaker!

Last edited:
We are playing above our heads. Thank goodness we have great coaches and excellent mindset installed that got us there. We Need to upgrade the talent on both sides of the ball. Not every position. Odom says he wants to build off freshman. So if we keep this up, i'm really believe we'll be a top 15-20 legitimate team in a few years.

Reactions: rebel5280
We are playing above our heads. Thank goodness we have great coaches and excellent mindset installed that got us there. We Need to upgrade the talent on both sides of the ball. Not every position. Odom says he wants to build off freshman. So if we keep this up, i'm really believe we'll be a top 15-20 legitimate team in a few years.
Agreed!

Both OL and DL because in football it all starts there. Get a WR opposite of White, some MLB’s, CB, at least one S and obviously pass rush! I know I’m in the minority on this but we need another QB as well!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT