ADVERTISEMENT

SCOREBOARD WATCHING

I am looking for any possibility of sneaking up in the ratings and becoming the G5 rep in the playoffs! We can always dream
Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

Would need JMU and Tulane to both lose I think. Both ranked top 25ish.

JMU undefeated and Tulane 1 loss.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Would need JMU and Tulane to both lose I think. Both ranked top 25ish.

JMU undefeated and Tulane 1 loss.
The best team JMU will have played this year is probably Utah State. They have a schedule that makes UNLV's look hard. Tulane is a different story, we need them to fall flat on their face! Unfortunately Tulane beat Tulsa 24-22

JMU isn't eligible... NCAA likely doesn't grant waiver despite the public pressure.
I just read that there is a two year waiting period. Maybe the stars will continue to line up for UNLV! I also read that ESPN game day is going to the JMU v Appalachian State game. We need them to come to UNLV!

The best team JMU will have played this year is probably Utah State. They have a schedule that makes UNLV's look hard. Tulane is a different story, we need them to fall flat on their face! Unfortunately Tulane beat Tulsa 24-22

Masked Rebel pointed out they aren't eligible I forgot about that. That still leaves Tulane.

I believe the college football playoff rankings are what determines what teams get in the playoff, and currently Tulane is the only one on that list (AF fell off last week)

I believe the college football playoff rankings are what determines what teams get in the playoff, and currently Tulane is the only one on that list (AF fell off last week)
Correct...
I have to believe an 11-2 MWC Champion with a loss to Michigan gets bumped higher than any of those other teams

Lol, I love UNLV.. but we would get smashed in the playoff... Ohio State, Georgia, Oregon, Washington, whomever makes it kill us by 40+

But it would be sooooo much fun lol
I am not crazy enough (yet) to think we could win, but if we could even keep the first game relatively close, how much do you think that would do on a national level for recruiting? Just make it to the MWC championship and a bowl game alone should be huge for recruiting, but that would take it to the next level!

Reactions: RebelSaint702
Oh I know lol... just the fact that we are turning the corner though is an amazing feeling. Who knows where the ceiling is. This year.. conference championship is in sights.

Would be willing to bet no one would have picked our football team to win a conference championship before the basketball team would in the last ~20 years. Its crazy.

In Coach Barry Odom we trust!

Reactions: j. spilotro
I dont think anyone here really thinks we have a chance in the playoff lol
We’d get fn smoked. I’m an advocate of taking on the best and giving it your best shot.

But I’d rather win out, get a good bowl against somebody we are a small dog to … win that … feel good off season … any players that might have been on the fence with buy in will be all in because you cannot question the results … will give for a better spring, even more focus, more purpose … start off next season as a lower level top 25 picked to finish 1st/2nd in conference … target on our back and fight all comers.

Oh I know lol... just the fact that we are turning the corner though is an amazing feeling. Who knows where the ceiling is. This year.. conference championship is in sights.

Would be willing to bet no one would have picked our football team to win a conference championship before the basketball team would in the last ~20 years. Its crazy.

In Coach Barry Odom we trust!
Takes the dude one freaking year to instill some confidence, discipline, accountability, and focus.

I like his style because he put up two middle fingers to the free pass/slow growth bullshit. He took the bull by the horns from the start.

It all depends what computer rankings they use. I’ve seen Boise (5 losses) already ahead of us (2 losses) in one ranking. SJSU has a good strength of schedule as well so I believe they’re still in the mix as well.

I can’t find anything on what computer rankings the MWC will use for 3 way ties. It just says “selected computer rankings”.

It all depends what computer rankings they use. I’ve seen Boise (5 losses) already ahead of us (2 losses) in one ranking. SJSU has a good strength of schedule as well so I believe they’re still in the mix as well.

I can’t find anything on what computer rankings the MWC will use for 3 way ties. It just says “selected computer rankings”.
The composite rankings show them 20 something spots behind UNLV. Almost all of the ranking have them well behind UNLV, but there are some exceptions were some of the polls are obviously anti UNLV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT