ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is your favorite fruit of all time?

Pick one and only 1, favorite fruit of all time

• Total voters
Durian. Developed a taste for it while I was in Thailand during the Viet Nam War.
I know that they smell terrible. But I also heard that they can be bad for your health. Can you say whether that is true or not?

I know that they smell terrible. But I also heard that they can be bad for your health. Can you say whether that is true or not?
Some people have severe reactions to it when mix with certain food or drinks.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Tripoda is correct you might have an allergic reaction if you’ve never tried it before.

My mother would cut them up and put it in the freezer to eat them later.

It’s a gigantic spikey fruit and it’s a pain in the ass to cut and prep it but it is rewarding when you eat it.

I voted 'orange' because Orange Julius was my favorite mall beverage, even above Hotdog On a Stick's cherry lemonade.
They still have hot dog on a stick at the Blvd mall.

Oranges are great. You ever had blood oranges? They are seasonal and Trader Joe’s still pumps those out but they are usually gone off the rack when they arrive In Stores.

I love oranges, the best..believe it or not are the ones that guys on the street sell on the corner.

When I lived in Pleasant Hill and was growing weed, we had an Orange Tree. Great when my roommate would pluck them and goes great with Blue Moon beer. We had a gigantic American Bulldog..we would peel an entire orange and he would jump and eat an entire orange whole.

Sound choice JT

They still have hot dog on a stick at the Blvd mall.

Oranges are great. You ever had blood oranges? They are seasonal and Trader Joe’s still pumps those out but they are usually gone off the rack when they arrive In Stores.

I love oranges, the best..believe it or not are the ones that guys on the street sell on the corner.

When I lived in Pleasant Hill and was growing weed, we had an Orange Tree. Great when my roommate would pluck them and goes great with Blue Moon beer. We had a gigantic American Bulldog..we would peel an entire orange and he would jump and eat an entire orange whole.

Sound choice JT
I like cara caras best when it comes to oranges. Honeycrisp when it comes to apples.

But favorite? Not sure. Probably boring stawberries. Maybe avocados. No, coconut. But all the berries are good too. And the melons.

You ever try the yellow mangos or the ones from mexico?

I dont think Ive ever had a yellow one, but I think a lot of the red ones are from Mexico too. I go to Cabo about 4 times a year and eat those from the Mango guy and his cart on the beach, I assume those are from Mexico?

I buy mine normally at Whole Foods on my weekly grocery store trip or at a fruit stand. We have a mango slicer so dont have to try and cut ir like the guy in the video. Its not as easy as he makes it, at least for me its not.

Strawberry + Blackber
Strawberry + Blackberry
When I lived in TN, we had wild blackberries growing 3 doors down. We would pick them and then our neighbor across the street would make blackberry pie. Just Godly. Would be my choice but my favorite of all is watermelon. Put it in the fridge and served extra cold. I just bought a whole papaya and that’s going into the fridge.

Persimmons are also an obscure favorite. There’s a Korean grocery store on Rainbow/spring mountain. Gotta be careful though, I’ve tasted some and it was actually bitter.

Reactions: utestream
When I lived in TN, we had wild blackberries growing 3 doors down. We would pick them and then our neighbor across the street would make blackberry pie. Just Godly. Would be my choice but my favorite of all is watermelon. Put it in the fridge and served extra cold. I just bought a whole papaya and that’s going into the fridge.

Persimmons are also an obscure favorite. There’s a Korean grocery store on Rainbow/spring mountain. Gotta be careful though, I’ve tasted some and it was actually bitter.
I lived in Alabama for a number of years and there were wild persimmons scattered in the land around my house. They were bitter and inedible. There must have been something to them, however, because the birds loved them.

I lived in Alabama for a number of years and there were wild persimmons scattered in the land around my house. They were bitter and inedible. There must have been something to them, however, because the birds loved them.
We’re you
I like cara caras best when it comes to oranges. Honeycrisp when it comes to apples.

But favorite? Not sure. Probably boring stawberries. Maybe avocados. No, coconut. But all the berries are good too. And the melons.
I’ve had neither of those fruits. I’m open to try it.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I think honeycrisp is seasonal and short season too. Not positive, but I think it’s a unique hybrid, grown/invented in Minnesota or some garbage USA place that’s cold. I think it’s an early fall/late summer apple that is on the shelves only a couple months. Don’t quote me for exactness. It really is my favorite apple. Love the Ranier Cherries too. You’ll like the Caracara. It’s closer to a blood orange than a regular orange when it comes to the flesh color. Really has very little acidity. You’ll love it if you like blood oranges.
We’re you

I’ve had neither of those fruits. I’m open to try it

Two types of persimmons. One of them have to be ripe before you can eat them. Any fruit that a bird can eat, we can too.

Talk about Mango, my neighbour got this mango that weigh anywhere between 3 to 5 lbs each.

To me, Papaya has an offensive smell. But it tastes like a cross between mango and pumpkin.
Dude, It’s been sitting in my fridge for a week. I have to cut it up. I’ve never cut it up in my life.

I know it has those ridiculous seeds..

Today was nearly a lockdown in my house. We all thought we smells so bad that we all shower but to no avail. Two days ago we picked some ripped n-o-n-i fruits from our yard because some Chinese medicinal craps. no ni smells worst than durian. Smells like dirty butt cracks.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT