ADVERTISEMENT

Extend him!

bcvegaspt

Bench warmer
Staff
Feb 26, 2005
Twelfth seat if I'm lucky
He's young, in his first job, and is going to make mistakes.

His players didn't come out motivated (for AFA, Southern, etc.).

JJ needs to play the backup PG.

(Player) would be better if he just got more playing time.

Putting pressure on him to succeed this season wasn't fair and only made things tougher.

I know that he didn't play the NIL game well before this season, but he agreed to pull out all of the stops, so he'll do it again moving forward.

The fans need to show up no matter what!

If I lived in Las Vegas I'd go to all of the games. Locals have no excuse! (Except when the games are in FL and the Florida fans didn't attend the tournament) *** This last one always pisses me off the most ***

Putting pressure on him to succeed this season wasn't fair and only made things tougher.

I know that he didn't play the NIL game well before this season, but he agreed to pull out all of the stops, so he'll do it again moving forward.

If I lived in Las Vegas I'd go to all of the games. Locals have no excuse! (Except when the games are in FL and the Florida fans didn't attend the tournament) *** This last one always pisses me off the most ***
don-jock-napoleon-dynamite.gif

Injuries and refs have been the only negatives this year. Without those influences, they’d be ranked by now.

People need to settle down and trust the processes. This slow growth will pay dividends some day.

But seriously, yeah, yeah, yeah - the buck stops with the head coach. And I’m not trying to be a great defender here …. Plenty is wrong. When a team gets humiliated that badly at home to a bad team … that’s on the players. It really is. I’ve seen it before … they can’t get up for shitty teams, they take it for granted …. I know coaches guard against that very thing. This has nothing to do with prep or motivation by the coach to the kids … this is kids expecting to skate through a game unscathed because of who we are and who they are. There’s both an overestimation and underestimation with that.

Even Tark guarded against it but he had magnificent horses that would win by 20 while sleepwalking. We don’t have that. Since then, I’ve absolutely seen the same type of thing happen to every single coach that has been here.

If guys aren’t ready to play, for whatever reason, they’re at high risk. These kids weren’t ready at all last night.

Injuries and refs have been the only negatives this year. Without those influences, they’d be ranked by now.

People need to settle down and trust the processes. This slow growth will pay dividends some day.

But seriously, yeah, yeah, yeah - the buck stops with the head coach. And I’m not trying to be a great defender here …. Plenty is wrong. When a team gets humiliated that badly at home to a bad team … that’s on the players. It really is. I’ve seen it before … they can’t get up for shitty teams, they take it for granted …. I know coaches guard against that very thing. This has nothing to do with prep or motivation by the coach to the kids … this is kids expecting to skate through a game unscathed because of who we are and who they are. There’s both an overestimation and underestimation with that.

Even Tark guarded against it but he had magnificent horses that would win by 20 while sleepwalking. We don’t have that. Since then, I’ve absolutely seen the same type of thing happen to every single coach that has been here.

If guys aren’t ready to play, for whatever reason, they’re at high risk. These kids weren’t ready at all last night.
Agreed, in a sense. When it gets to game time, you have to have some pride and go hard, regardless of opponent. However, it does seem that certain systems, whether offense or defense, work better than others. If you have a great pressure defense, you'll force a lot of TO's, and get easy baskets from them. If you have a great offense, you will find ways to get easy points, even if you're shooting isn't great. UNLV doesn't seem to have a solid identity on either side from what I can see. More about seeing who has the hot hand on offense, and trying to get them shots. If the outside shots aren't falling, we're likely going to lose.

¡I think you covered all of the UNLVRebelGrl talking points!

Kevin has been very good to a lot of people over the years and is kinda like family - definitely a "friend" for a lot of people close to the program

He is adored by many for good reason - he is a very likable guy

For me personally _ im a hard ass - I would FIRE my own mother - and I have before - results are results- biz is biz - people blur the lines

wow. Name from the past. Completely demented but she’s in good company with some Rebel fans.

Blame everything but the culprit. You’re mad they lost, take it out on bad fans. You’re mad they got embarrassed, yell at fans who don’t have the same level of patience or dementia that you have.

They snap when things go wrong but they belong to the Coach (insert name) fan club and guise it as being the greatest Rebel fan of all time.

They’re insane, off the reservation …

Kevin has been very good to a lot of people over the years and is kinda like family - definitely a "friend" for a lot of people close to the program

For me personally _ im a hard ass - I would FIRE my own mother - and I have before - results are results- biz is biz - people blur the lines
Agree with that in part and it’s why it’s hard to see happening.

Adored by many … he can shake every hand in the Mack before an overtime session finishes, so that might be an understatement. There aren’t a lot fans left.

It is the job of the coaching staff to have the team ready to play no matter who is the opponent. The players are now making excuses for the coach who was unable to get them ready to even show up last night. He has been mostly unable to win the bigger games, and wasn't even able to get the players motivated enough to play a bottom feeder team. UNLV is flirting with a losing season even with a bunch of cupcake games added to stack the win column.

2021-2022 UNLV went 18-14 with a 0.563 win percentage
2022-2023 UNLV went 19-13 with a 0.594 win percentage
2023-2024 UNLV so far 9-9 with a 0.500 win percentage

None of these years are acceptable, and it now looks very likely that Kruger will have his worst year this year. I hope the current AD and President do not look at this as acceptable after what TJ and Menzies did to make 0.500 ball acceptable.

It is the job of the coaching staff to have the team ready to play no matter who is the opponent. The players are now making excuses for the coach who was unable to get them ready to even show up last night. He has been mostly unable to win the bigger games, and wasn't even able to get the players motivated enough to play a bottom feeder team. UNLV is flirting with a losing season even with a bunch of cupcake games added to stack the win column.

2021-2022 UNLV went 18-14 with a 0.563 win percentage
2022-2023 UNLV went 19-13 with a 0.594 win percentage
2023-2024 UNLV so far 9-9 with a 0.500 win percentage

None of these years are acceptable, and it now looks very likely that Kruger will have his worst year this year. I hope the current AD and President do not look at this as acceptable after what TJ and Menzies did to make 0.500 ball acceptable.
I agree that it’s not acceptable.

I guess my disagreement comes in that as a high level athlete (now professional), effort and motivation should be there. You didn’t get to this level by going easy. It shouldn’t need to be coaxed out of them. They SHOULD have that innate drive. If they don’t - I feel like you recruited soft players or soft players in the wrong spots, like leadership.

That all DOES go back to the coach.

But I believe that if you need rah rah from a staff, you probably should take up checkers. You’re supposed to be a competitor and that means go all out, all the time, regardless of score, time on the clock or opponent. I understand that take is “old school” and a large chunk of current teens are pretty entitled/soft.

Reactions: Takethat702
I was at the game with a Rebel great last night. He knows he was watching the Rebels but it just doesn't feel like it anymore to him. It it is so sad!

Reactions: Takethat702

This is why you don't hire your good buddy to work at your company. If things don't work out the separation is awkward and emotional. However, what needs to be done must be done. Just give Kevin a little more dignity in parting than Rice received. Doing something before end of the season doesn't solve anything. If anything, it reveals administrative ineptitude and makes the job seem less attractive.

Reactions: unlove
Curtis Terry doing the interviews after each loss must be uncomfortable .I would assume they are tight ,but there is only so much u can spin this garbage.

I know who this person is. She's crazy. Thank heavens she is not our AD. Her solution with Kevin would be to hug him until he changes.
Some people aren’t UNLV fans. They say they are, act like they are. But they’re just fans of a coach. When they rush to constant defense of the indefensible or deflect the blame to injuries and those mean referees who are out to get UNLV, their mind is just gone. Blinders. Can’t see truth when it sits on their face and wiggles.

Some people aren’t UNLV fans. They say they are, act like they are. But they’re just fans of a coach. When they rush to constant defense of the indefensible or deflect the blame to injuries and those mean referees who are out to get UNLV, their mind is just gone. Blinders. Can’t see truth when it sits on their face and wiggles.
Everything I have seen of the crazy one is that she supports any and all UNLV coaches or decision no matter who is in charge. She is delusional
Drag Race Rose GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
in that she thinks UNLV football and basketball are both top 10 level programs, and that nobody at UNLV can ever be wrong. It has been this way for well over a decade!

I was at the game with a Rebel great last night. He knows he was watching the Rebels but it just doesn't feel like it anymore to him. It it is so sad!
Harper should see this and make it his personal mission to fix this. The previous two unqualified ADs could care less or were instructed to take the legacy ( and success) out of the program. This is very clear.

Everything I have seen of the crazy one is that she supports any and all UNLV coaches or decision no matter who is in charge. She is delusional
Drag Race Rose GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race's Drag Race
in that she thinks UNLV football and basketball are both top 10 level programs, and that nobody at UNLV can ever be wrong. It has been this way for well over a decade!
Her husband has a free pass to heaven.

• Haha
Reactions: mwsn7022012
It’s like taking care of Terry Schiavo..

Just feeding a dead corpse of a program.

You root and you have no choice.

Jackie Johnson intrigues me because he reminds me of me.He’s short, volume shooter keeps jacking it up.

Florida is a big state - 4 hour drive to see these Rebels LIVE ?? I dont think so- I dont know anyone on this board that lives in Daytona or near where the Tourny was held - Its better to be pissed off - than pissed on

Florida is a big state - 4 hour drive to see these Rebels LIVE ?? I dont think so- I dont know anyone on this board that lives in Daytona or near where the Tourny was held - Its better to be pissed off - than pissed on
Now you know what us locals feel like when out-of-towners say that we need to go to everything local because they would if they lived here. First of all, sure you would! (not YOU RWAC, just you in general). Second, I went to almost every home game for 20 years. Life changes and turning on a tv is so much easier than getting to and from.

Again, not a personal attack at you in any way. You was in posters in general.

Now you know what us locals feel like when out-of-towners say that we need to go to everything local because they would if they lived here. First of all, sure you would! (not YOU RWAC, just you in general). Second, I went to almost every home game for 20 years. Life changes and turning on a tv is so much easier than getting to and from.

Again, not a personal attack at you in any way. You was in posters in general.
I didnt take it that way

I was on the fence and planned on going but left it up in the Air - People dont go the games in Vegas for the same reason I didnt go to game in Daytona _ because they freaking SUCK BIG donkey doo doo - The start of the season made up my mind - LOL Give me something to cheer for _ I was gonna maybe still go but thought i was too embarrassed to wear my UNLV gear _ is that the fans fault to feel like that ???? Does that make us bad fans ??

Last edited:

No.

I mean our first 5 games were
SDSU, Boise, Utah St. UNM, and CSU... and we shouldve gone 4-1...
tough sledding for sure, but the entire conference is that way. SDSU has 3 losses in conference to those same teams...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT