ADVERTISEMENT

Ot seems high in the draft for bronny

Its an investment for a story they can sell tickets to: FAther and son on the same team - (cue in cheesy music here)

Everybody knows Their are 100 kids better than Bronny they passed over to pick him

Reactions: LVRebel2000
You had to know once LeBron came out and said he wanted to play with his son that Bronny was going to be picked. 100% just to keep LeBron happy

With stats like this, I don't know why he wasn't a Lottery Pick!

View attachment 222

For anyone willing to defend him getting drafted, even in the second round where players are constantly picked to be stored oversees, please look up the definition of 'nepotism' and get back to me.
Are there people defending him getting drafted? Genuine question

He wouldnt have started at UNLV last year.

I'd be way more pissed if it was a position in government where important decisions affect lots of people. It's annoying to see nepotism reward undeserving people but if the Lakers want to waste a pick to make their star player happy, whatever. I don't pay to watch them so I have no stake either way.

Surprised some other team did not draft Bronny in rd 2 before Lakers. At minimum lakers would have had to trade with you and overpay for Bronny. At max, Clippers could have taken Bronny, with PG leaving they would have salary space to take lebron for a couple years as le bron would want to stay in LA.

This right here is why I thought it was brilliant for Hurley to pass on the Lakers gig. What a clown show. Not only is Bronny not that good, he has a heart issue, double red flag.
They didn't have to draft him. If he was there at 55, he was going to be there as a FA. Because he isn't an NBA player.
The Laker's have to succumb to LeBron's whim. He is paying the bills to be fair, but still.

Some media. I’m too lazy (and don’t care enough) to find the defenders and post them here.
Media is media, mainstream is the worst, sports is usually ok, give or take … but when it comes to not telling the truth, getting paid for narrative, expecting the masses to gobble it up as truth (most do, because they don’t know how to think)… mainstream is the worst.

But we’ve had local people “on the take” and being a mouthpiece for UNLV. It’s gross to see but it’s been that way - probably forever.

It’s easy to see if your eyes are open.

Its an investment for a story they can sell tickets to: FAther and son on the same team - (cue in cheesy music here)

Everybody knows Their are 100 kids better than Bronny they passed over to pick him
True this.

I wonder, at what point do teams just start realizing the whole LeBron thing is more headache than help. Dude's not getting any younger or better.

The big difference here is that Junior was a star in the making with all world talent and his father could still hold his own.
GREAT comparison Scrub - The "big difference" is more from a FANS perspective. Club owners don't care how talented athletes really are - They care about how people respond to them and are they marketable. Can they make money off of them. - Not all Club owners are the same. Biz is BIz and Money is MOney - Fans care about W's & Ls - Business people don't have emotions or feelings like us fans. Of coarse winners do sell tickets - but now a days everyone is so caught up in the "story" more than substance. Its just simple marketing 101 - Bronny is going to let them Ride the Golden ticket (LeBron) until the wheels fall off. The "Story" is similar to the Griffs- $$$ makes the world go around - Stories are $$$. Not who is in the hall of fame. The people that pull the strings know that and that is EXACTLY why they drafted Bronny.

Last edited:
GREAT comparison Scrub - The "big difference" is more from a FANS perspective. Club owners don't care how talented athletes really are - They care about how people respond to them and are they marketable. Can they make money off of them. - Not all Club owners are the same. Biz is BIz and Money is MOney - Fans care about W's & Ls - Business people don't have emotions or feelings like us fans. Of coarse winners do sell tickets - but now a days everyone is so caught up in the "story" more than substance. Its just simple marketing 101 - Bronny is going to let them Ride the Golden ticket (LeBron) until the wheels fall off. The "Story" is similar to the Griffs- $$$ makes the world go around - Stories are $$$. Not who is in the hall of fame. The people that pull the strings know that and that is EXACTLY why they drafted Bronny.
There is interest here which does create some money. And I agree that this is driven by money, but not necessarily due to the "freak" show of having a father-son duo on an NBA team, more because they want to keep Lebron happy.

Lebron is the cash cow here. HE sells tickets, and he has gone on record that he was going to play wherever Bronny goes.

The big difference is that Ken Griffey Jr was a true phenom and a future HOF. Bronny is not a NBA player, at least not yet. He isn't worth a draft pick and it was a obviously a favor for Lebron to let his kid have the experience of being draft. Talk about privilege! This was yet another example of Lebron doing whatever he wants, for better or worse.

I wouldn't say that it's ok to draft someone due to the financial implications. Well at least not the Lakers. The Lakers organization and fans expect championships. They are also one of the most profitable franchises in the league, if not #1. They also don't need the money. It would be different if this were OKC or a smaller market.

Second round draft picks are often not terribly impactful. So its not like a a huge risk for the Lakers. But is is still a bit of a bitch move. But I do like the idea of some other team drafting Bronny just to eff the Lakers. That would have been hilarious!

There is interest here which does create some money. And I agree that this is driven by money, but not necessarily due to the "freak" show of having a father-son duo on an NBA team, more because they want to keep Lebron happy.

Lebron is the cash cow here. HE sells tickets, and he has gone on record that he was going to play wherever Bronny goes.

The big difference is that Ken Griffey Jr was a true phenom and a future HOF. Bronny is not a NBA player, at least not yet. He isn't worth a draft pick and it was a obviously a favor for Lebron to let his kid have the experience of being draft. Talk about privilege! This was yet another example of Lebron doing whatever he wants, for better or worse.

I wouldn't say that it's ok to draft someone due to the financial implications. Well at least not the Lakers. The Lakers organization and fans expect championships. They are also one of the most profitable franchises in the league, if not #1. They also don't need the money. It would be different if this were OKC or a smaller market.

Second round draft picks are often not terribly impactful. So its not like a a huge risk for the Lakers. But is is still a bit of a bitch move. But I do like the idea of some other team drafting Bronny just to eff the Lakers. That would have been hilarious!
It’s a gimmick. It’s closer to Eddie Gaedel than Ken Griffey Jr situation.

It’s their money, they can do what they want. Kid sucks and is a few inches from an MI.

It’s a gimmick. It’s closer to Eddie Gaedel than Ken Griffey Jr situation.

It’s their money, they can do what they want. Kid sucks and is a few inches from an MI.
JOE what other Father /Son duo has played on the same team at the same time in PRO SPORTS ? And you dont think the situation is similar ? ARe you nuts ? We know Bronny sucks - its not about comparing Bronny to Grif Jr _ We know GRif Jr was great- Its the story thats simular - You are a FANBOY Joe - You judge and compare on substance and W's L's - You have a "FANS" perspective that is why you run this sight (or let that PT dude run it) - I wouldn't expect you to agree with me - we see things differently - I see the $$$ side and motive- That was a huge story and the media ate it up - Its all about STORIES not substance - thats what sells tickets -

Last edited:
JOE what other Father /Son duo has played on the same team at the same time in PRO SPORTS ? And you dont think the situation is similar ? ARe you nuts ? We know Bronny sucks - its not about comparing Bronny to Grif Jr _ We know GRif Jr was great- Its the story thats simular - You are a FANBOY Joe - You judge and compare on substance and W's L's - You have a "FANS" perspective that is why you run this sight (or let that PT dude run it) - I wouldn't expect you to agree with me - we see things differently - I see the $$$ side and motive- That was a huge story and the media ate it up - Its all about STORIES not substance - thats what sells tickets -
You’re into the marketing and pizzaz, that’s fine. I’m not. I’m into substance. I didn’t like WWF wrestling either. It’s playing to an audience. It’s shock jock, it’s Jerry Springer, it’s giving some of the people the entertainment. I don’t have a problem with it if you’re into the marketing angle instead of the competition angle, the showmanship over sportsmanship. I’d rather watch the LLWS than Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant.

It’s not a spirit of competition thing, it’s not toe to toe, chest to chest, may the best man win … that’s what I enjoy most, the wins and losses are secondary to me, I want to see the driving effort towards a primary goal. I want hard competition, best against best giving their best.

I’ll can readily admit that I’m about the substance.

But do the Lakers need to sell tickets? I don't think so, but I guess maybe. Their fans are front runners and the Lakers have not been true title contenders since 2020.
But throughout history they have been about "Win now". They would steal other teams best players and haven't drafted a true star since Kobe. This move is against character for them.
But I don't think this gimmick is going to sell many tickets outside the first few games. Once they see Bronny has no business being on the court, they will probably start to complain if they aren't winning.
This was 100% about making Lebron happy and ensuring he stays a Laker.
No veteran respected coach wants to go there, because they would have no power. That's why they keep hiring first time HC's.

I don’t have kids but I see it from the dad’s perspective. Dads do want what is best for their kids. I’ve heard all the talk about nepotism/ white people do it all the time (it’s on the internet) but times are different in 2024.

I watch a lot of boxing and you can see overreactive dads as trainers

The Lakers better do their homework, put a ** in their contract regarding Bronny’s health. Nobody wants to see

he may have a late growth spurt..ya never know.

I’m not even a Lakers fan. I liked the bad boy pistons even but they lost me when they didn’t want to shake hands with Jordan.

Showtime was incredible though. I think I sat through yesterday watching all the showtime clips. One was against the “lowly” Spurs during the 80’s.

Last year, I sat through the trainwreck gimmick of the Boone Twins.

I’ll probably tune in to watch the James duo and see how that goes. They’ll just throw the ball to themselves and have the other 3 people get the rebound to kick it out back to them.

As a matter of fact, it may just look like the Kruger ball that we seen last year.

I used to play basketball with my dad. We’d drive to Brinley or CMHS and bring a huge jug of water For the life of me, I could never beat my own dad. He just turned it up a notch against me. It was psychologically draining on me..

I may hate Lebron because of all the politicking but at the end of the day, he gets to play with his own son and if he really wants to milk it, he may play with the second son.

You’re into the marketing and pizzaz, that’s fine. I’m not. I’m into substance. I didn’t like WWF wrestling either. It’s playing to an audience. It’s shock jock, it’s Jerry Springer, it’s giving some of the people the entertainment. I don’t have a problem with it if you’re into the marketing angle instead of the competition angle, the showmanship over sportsmanship. I’d rather watch the LLWS than Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant.

It’s not a spirit of competition thing, it’s not toe to toe, chest to chest, may the best man win … that’s what I enjoy most, the wins and losses are secondary to me, I want to see the driving effort towards a primary goal. I want hard competition, best against best giving their best.

I’ll can readily admit that I’m about the substance.
Is it true, you and your brother threw staples at the wrestlers back in the day?

😭😭😭

Is it true, you and your brother threw staples at the wrestlers back in the day?

😭😭😭
Rubber bands/paperclips bent into an S shape, like a slingshot. Those things are dangerous. Freshman year of HS, it was me and my best friend John. We were 86’d from the Showboat. Pictures taken, cops brought in and all that stuff. It was stupid as hell.

Making it worse is I was with my HS history teacher, he liked that wrestling stuff too. He was a cool guy, learned a lot from him. But I had 6th period history, couldn’t figure out why everyone at school was laughing and giving me looks. He wrote the story about what happened on the chalkboard (yes, chalk back then) and asked the students not to say anything so I’d have a surprise to end the day. Humiliating but funny.

Man, we were handcuffed and dragged out of there, soda, beer, boos and popcorn from every direction, such a long walk it seemed like.

But do the Lakers need to sell tickets? I don't think so, but I guess maybe. Their fans are front runners and the Lakers have not been true title contenders since 2020.
But throughout history they have been about "Win now". They would steal other teams best players and haven't drafted a true star since Kobe. This move is against character for them.
But I don't think this gimmick is going to sell many tickets outside the first few games. Once they see Bronny has no business being on the court, they will probably start to complain if they aren't winning.
No veteran respected coach wants to go there, because they would have no power. That's why they keep hiring first time HC's.
Actually they didn’t draft Kobe,the Charlotte Hornets did.

Reactions: dcut03
True this.

I wonder, at what point do teams just start realizing the whole LeBron thing is more headache than help. Dude's not getting any younger or better.
But does the mere talking point of father/son actually move tickets? Especially when the son is so sucky? The Lakers sell tickets, their fans want winning. This clown show pick up might get the media talking but how long is that going to last? After a couple of weeks the media will start talking about how the kid doesn’t deserve to be there. That lasts a couple of weeks until he’s gone. It’ll be short lived, low impact.

Like Jordan to the White Sox. Yeah, it generated some talk, sold some tickets for the Sox, a franchise that actually needed it, unlike the Lakers. And then it fizzled, he sucked. The hype was short lived, the impact was zero, just a tiny net gain for the Sox (Lakers won’t get gains).

Lebron is taking care of his son. I don’t have a problem with that. He has the bargaining position. If I were owner, I’d dump him and get something for it rather than let him dictate the direction of the franchise, especially when his mind isn’t in the right place. His son is no Griffey Jr.

But does the mere talking point of father/son actually move tickets? Especially when the son is so sucky? The Lakers sell tickets, their fans want winning. This clown show pick up might get the media talking but how long is that going to last? After a couple of weeks the media will start talking about how the kid doesn’t deserve to be there. That lasts a couple of weeks until he’s gone. It’ll be short lived, low impact.

Like Jordan to the White Sox. Yeah, it generated some talk, sold some tickets for the Sox, a franchise that actually needed it, unlike the Lakers. And then it fizzled, he sucked. The hype was short lived, the impact was zero, just a tiny net gain for the Sox (Lakers won’t get gains).

Lebron is taking care of his son. I don’t have a problem with that. He has the bargaining position. If I were owner, I’d dump him and get something for it rather than let him dictate the direction of the franchise, especially when his mind isn’t in the right place. His son is no Griffey Jr.
In one aspect his son has to feel good that he gets to play in the NBA with his dad. He'll earn a load of money. But, as a man, it sucks. He'll never know what he could do on his own. He'll always be "Bronny".

Rubber bands/paperclips bent into an S shape, like a slingshot. Those things are dangerous. Freshman year of HS, it was me and my best friend John. We were 86’d from the Showboat. Pictures taken, cops brought in and all that stuff. It was stupid as hell.

Making it worse is I was with my HS history teacher, he liked that wrestling stuff too. He was a cool guy, learned a lot from him. But I had 6th period history, couldn’t figure out why everyone at school was laughing and giving me looks. He wrote the story about what happened on the chalkboard (yes, chalk back then) and asked the students not to say anything so I’d have a surprise to end the day. Humiliating but funny.

Man, we were handcuffed and dragged out of there, soda, beer, boos and popcorn from every direction, such a long walk it seemed like.
not absolving what you did but AWA wrestling was awful. I didn’t like it at all.

You are hilarious and delusional, all wrapped up into one.

Glad that I “run this site” given that I can’t even post to the Confi Board. That makes me equal to you, doesn’t it. But you know all oh wise one.

• Haha
Reactions: rebelwithacause
In one aspect his son has to feel good that he gets to play in the NBA with his dad. He'll earn a load of money. But, as a man, it sucks. He'll never know what he could do on his own. He'll always be "Bronny".
Should be interesting. Lebron and other NBA players get heckling fans out on a whim…

I would venture to guess a place like Philly would be a hot ticket vs the Lakers.

Summer league is coming up I think.

You are hilarious and delusional, all wrapped up into one.

Glad that I “run this site” given that I can’t even post to the Confi Board. That makes me equal to you, doesn’t it. But you know all oh wise one.
Oooh did you get your stripes taken away?? - My bad - What happened ??? were you drunk on the power of being a moderator and got your special privilege's revoked ??

"Tickets" mean Merchandise - Broadcasting - Sponsorship - its an array of revenue sources - IDK if they (fans) just all of sudden find out Bronny sucks early in the season and the "story" is over. Lakers fans pretty much put up with Kobe stinking up the joint for the first year until he matured and actually helped them win consistently. Bronny can suck ass (and he will) but even that is a STORY _ good or bad it doesn't matter as long as they are talking about you and are interested they are viewing & they are winning. LeBron is the golden ticket - his son being drafted bought him another year or two to ride off into the sunset. I hate the STORY personally and I do NOT like Lebron. Winning really isnt important as you think it is. Making Money is the goal of the owners /Not winning (shhhh dont tell the fans) IN todays day and age people don't even remember who won the NBA Championship the last couple years. Most NBA fans can NOT recite the last 3 years of Champions - They forget- but Stories. STORIES they will remember forever.

Last edited:
Oooh did you get your stripes taken away?? - My bad - What happened ??? were you drunk on the power of being a moderator and got your special privilege's revoked ??
Bro, you're the one who thinks that being a personal trainer makes you more special than the other 2,578,656 personal trainers in your county in Florida. I'd sit this one out.

I don't get drunk with any "power" on here since I can post just like you. Again, calm down, Francis.

Bro, you're the one who thinks that being a personal trainer makes you more special than the other 2,578,656 personal trainers in your county in Florida. I'd sit this one out.

I don't get drunk with any "power" on here since I can post just like you. Again, calm down, Francis.
Wow you attack my occupation ?? - a little birdie told me that a lot of people complained about you being a MOD - now I know why . I love internet keyboard bullies. Enjoy your space where you matter. in the real world you would NEVER call me "Francis" face to face.

Last edited:
"Tickets" mean Merchandise - Broadcasting - Sponsorship - its an array of revenue sources - IDK if they (fans) just all of sudden find out Bronny sucks early in the season and the "story" is over. Lakers fans pretty much put up with Kobe stinking up the joint for the first year until he matured and actually helped them win consistently. Bronny can suck ass (and he will) but even that is a STORY _ good or bad it doesn't matter as long as they are talking about you and are interested they are viewing & they are winning. LeBron is the golden ticket - his son being drafted bought him another year or two to ride off into the sunset. I hate the STORY personally and I do NOT like Lebron. Winning really isnt important as you think it is. Making Money is the goal of the owners /Not winning (shhhh dont tell the fans) IN todays day and age people don't even remember who won the NBA Championship the last couple years. Most NBA fans can NOT recite the last 3 years of Champions - They forget- but Stories. STORIES they will remember forever.
You must be super happy with UNLV since winning isn’t important.

Money is important to the owners, for sure. If that comes with winning, great, but if they don’t win and get the money, you’re right, they’re fine. Because it’s all about the money.

I don’t see any fan worried about money. No Dodger fan or Yankee fan or Celtics fans give two craps about the team salary, hell, they may whine about ticket prices and merchandise, but they still go and pay. But if they aren’t winning, that’s when they get upset.

So you approach sports from an owner/business standpoint. Fans of the sports don’t do that. They want to win.

And when you say people/fans don’t know who wins. Most don’t. Except for the die hard sports fans, which is a small percentage. … or the fans of the team that wins … it matters to them.

Not many non-UNLV fans remember we won a championship in hoops.

Do you remember when it was? Does every other fan here know when it was? Of course they do. Because that’s what matters to them.

If you’re taking a world/national/owner/business view, then not much of what matters in everyday life matters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT