ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU transfer visiting

Tough kid with a lot of p4 offers out of high school, NMSU sort of came out of nowhere to get him from ASU/ISU. Played CB in high school if I remember and was a Safety for NMSU so has some positional flexibility which is SUPER nice if you're going to continue to run a 3-3-5. Would be a very nice depth piece who probably will be in competition for a starting DB as things stand with our roster right now.

Tough kid with a lot of p4 offers out of high school, NMSU sort of came out of nowhere to get him from ASU/ISU. Played CB in high school if I remember and was a Safety for NMSU so has some positional flexibility which is SUPER nice if you're going to continue to run a 3-3-5. Would be a very nice depth piece who probably will be in competition for a starting DB as things stand with our roster right now.
I'm not too familiar with him, but if he went to ASU or ISU, would he have started this year? Obviously we never know for sure, but just based on his talent and potential, what do you think?

I'm not too familiar with him, but if he went to ASU or ISU, would he have started this year? Obviously we never know for sure, but just based on his talent and potential, what do you think?
I don't think he would have, and for some kids that matters. He also got offered by Michigan State and Mississippi state but I don't know enough to determine of those were actionable. He started the first 4 games for NMSU and then lost his gig. I don't know particularly why, but he basically got buried and only play in 2 more games very limited snaps. With Kill leaving and him not starting seems like a good time to get out of Las Cruces. Couldn't find anything about any injuries or reasoning behind the benching because I don't really want to haha.

Reactions: goraphareb
I don't think he would have, and for some kids that matters. He also got offered by Michigan State and Mississippi state but I don't know enough to determine of those were actionable. He started the first 4 games for NMSU and then lost his gig. I don't know particularly why, but he basically got buried and only play in 2 more games very limited snaps. With Kill leaving and him not starting seems like a good time to get out of Las Cruces. Couldn't find anything about any injuries or reasoning behind the benching because I don't really want to haha.
Thank you for this! Very insightful.

It's more nerdy conjecture than true insight. I don't have any deep personal knowledge of the kid or the camp. It's just a couple of things I've heard second hand put together, but it feels really plausible haha.
That’s what most of us bring to it, our thoughts or opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. It’s a message board not a news story, good thoughts and opinions should be welcomed, not attacked when they are different from those that think they are in the know. Rebelnet, a place to vent and give your opinion, no matter who you are!

That’s what most of us bring to it, our thoughts or opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. It’s a message board not a news story, good thoughts and opinions should be welcomed, not attacked when they are different from those that think they are in the know. Rebelnet, a place to vent and give your opinion, no matter who you are!
To be very fair, you two are some of the more "insightful" people on this site/Twitter. Some people put two and two together and it equals 100 sometimes.

Wait, I thought it was only to sugar coat all things UNLV and bash anyone leaving or not coming as "We didn't really want them or they're not that good anyway"...

To be very fair, you two are some of the more "insightful" people on this site/Twitter. Some people put two and two together and it equals 100 sometimes.
Wait, I thought it was only to sugar coat all things UNLV and bash anyone leaving or not coming as "We didn't really want them or they're not that good anyway"...
Thank you!
We can give our opinion, we don’t have to agree but giving your opinion on your team is “your” view and it does not have to line up with anyone else’s. I know I sound like I’m seeing the bad but saying our defense was not up to it is what I thought and I said as much. We need to get better everywhere is not a dog, it means in order to compete we cannot breakdown on defense all the time, our offense has to be somewhat balanced so the chains keep moving and bringing in a QB to compete with Maiava is not an attack on all things UNLV. We all want to see the Rebels come up, that’s why we even bother posting in the first place. I want to see UNLV punch Boise State in the mouth, upset a ranked team and go “toe to toe” with a team like Kansa and come out on top not lose by a few. I will keep posting and I hope everyone else does to, our views may differ but that’s all good, we are Rebels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT