ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Henley visiting this weekend

DePaul transfer. 8.6 points, 2.7 rebounds, & 1.3 assists as a sophomore.

Anyone that is good enough to hoop in the Big East is good enough to play here right now.
I agree that he's good enough for here. Hell, he may even be a star for us.

My ONLY concern about his is Minnesota (Fr) to DePaul (So) to ?

On the other hand, even if he's a one year rental, so is every other player in the NCAA. So ignore my concern.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Wasn’t overly impressed by his stats but then I watched his transfer portal highlights and I like his style and size. Seems decent but he was also on an awful team.

8.6 per game. Average 32% from 3 over his first two years. Not gonna move the needle. I mean it’s better than a non-shooter but for a coach staring at a do or die year I can’t imagine CKK would settle for this. Sure hope this isn’t the best he thinks he can get.

I don't believe he is a great player, but I think he will be a good player here if he decides to come. His stats are very similar to Rob's so I don't believe for one second that he's not good enough to be here.

Another thing is that his 3P% is not great, but I take that with a grain of salt. His PG at DePaul averaged less than 3 assists per game so he obviously wasn't being set up. He comes here and his man will have to double Whaley (at times) and whoever is guarding him will have to help when DJ drives. I think he'd be a good piece and we've seen how DJ elevates those around him. Henley isn't a star or anything, but I'd be happy with this pickup. I agree that he won't move the needle, by himself at least, but he is a good complimentary piece. Hes better than Hicks and I know a lot of people like Hicks.

Wow, hearing that this guy is equal to Rob and he is better than Hicks, the bar is low around here!

I’m not bagging on the messenger but there is better out there but like a few of us have been saying, don’t have a lot of faith in Kevin to get the horses we need here.

Kevin is too vanilla!

He played more minutes at the end of the season which is a good sign. In the last 10 regular season games he averaged 13 PPG. His 3 point shooting, however, remained poor at 26%. Last year he shot 38%. Perhaps he was guarded harder this year. Or more was needed of him this years. Hard to tell but we have seen players who were good one year and never met that standard the next or ever.

8.6 per game. Average 32% from 3 over his first two years. Not gonna move the needle. I mean it’s better than a non-shooter but for a coach staring at a do or die year I can’t imagine CKK would settle for this. Sure hope this isn’t the best he thinks he can get.
Played a lot for a brutal defensive team. Some of their losses were by triple digits. He is from California so that might help in that he is closer to family and friends.

How about the National Juco player of the year? I have been trying to get a handle on his recruiting with out much luck.

IMO I feel the jucos are often overlooked and they are still putting players in the NBA. Especially top 20 rated jucos. Jimmy Butler is probably the best example today. In fact two former jucos started in this years final 4. Another one to watch is Dior Johnson who is a freshmen combo guard out of a juco in Texas. Dior lead all junior college in scoring at 30 ppg and is on some draft boards as a possible 2nd round pick. Just my take. But I like both Amar and Dior more than the majority of players in the portal. I really liked Ajayi (who was a juco in California for one year) who just transferred to Gonzaga from Pepperdine. Let’s see if Barrett Peery makes a run at another ranked juco recruit.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that Dior gets a look from us based on his past. He's a great player though and one of if not the smoothest player from his high school class.

I highly doubt that Dior gets a look from us based on his past. He's a great player though and one of if not the smoothest player from his high school class.
I know and you are right. But there are a few talents in this years juco class that could help make a difference. Also, I hope they make a run at Amar.

What’s up with his past?
"After a nearly month-long investigation, Johnson was charged with aggravated assault, strangulation, unlawful restraint, simple assault and false imprisonment and suspended indefinitely. In December, Johnson pled guilty to two misdemeanor counts of simple assault and strangulation and was sentenced to one year of probation."

I know and you are right. But there are a few talents in this years juco class that could help make a difference. Also, I hope they make a run at Amar.
I agree with you. Dior is a stud. Not sure how he fits in with DJ, but imo he is better than DJ. Not saying that we should ditch DJ for Dior or anything like that lol.

I looked at Amar's offers and they are not that impressive. Just watched a little film on him and he is impressive. Do you know why his offer list is what it is?

Have Whaley call up local Farmington, UT player Collin Chandler from BYU. Let Peery use his charm to get a fellow Mormon 5 hours south on the 95.
Chandler isn't tied to a coach... he's tied to a school... kids probably been wearing BYU jerseys since he was in kindergarten shouting "Jimmer" as he launched 3s in the church gym after mutual...

What’s up with his past?
Incident
I agree with you. Dior is a stud. Not sure how he fits in with DJ, but imo he is better than DJ. Not saying that we should ditch DJ for Dior or anything like that lol.

I looked at Amar's offers and they are not that impressive. Just watched a little film on him and he is impressive. Do you know why his offer list is what it is?
IMO it’s more difficult to gauge who is actually recruiting the juco players because unlike high school, they don’t make it public who they are talking to. Also, based on following Juco recruiting, after the JUCO All American show case where all the recruiters show up and evaluate it becomes much more clear who is recruiting a certain player. The Show Case starts on the 13th.

Also, on Amar I would think it might be tough to get him out of Chicago with DePaul and their new coach.

"After a nearly month-long investigation, Johnson was charged with aggravated assault, strangulation, unlawful restraint, simple assault and false imprisonment and suspended indefinitely. In December, Johnson pled guilty to two misdemeanor counts of simple assault and strangulation and was sentenced to one year of probation."
Thx. Definitely doesn’t fit the Kruger mold.

Would Tark have given him a second chance?
Don't know about Tark. But, I would consider it.

I'd research any other incidents ( is this a pattern or a one-off?) I'd talk to past coaches ( AAU-High School etc) about his locker room attitude and overall demeanor. If this remotely checked out in the positive I don't believe CKK would be in the situation to turn down a player with this skill set.

Tark’s bread and butter was taking chance’s on guys nobody else would

Chandler isn't tied to a coach... he's tied to a school... kids probably been wearing BYU jerseys since he was in kindergarten shouting "Jimmer" as he launched 3s in the church gym after mutual...
Except he wasn’t a BYU fan growing up, soooo there’s that.

I loved that Tark gave guys second chances. Vegas was built on folks like that. But those were kids who made bad decisions that only hurt themselves such as busted for drug use. I don’t recall him taking a player with convictions for violence against others. That’s a totally different ballgame and raises a whole set of different issues.

I loved that Tark gave guys second chances. Vegas was built on folks like that. But those were kids who made bad decisions that only hurt themselves such as busted for drug use. I don’t recall him taking a player with convictions for violence against others. That’s a totally different ballgame and raises a whole set of different issues.
Yeah I don't think he did that though there were some warning signs with Avondre Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT