ADVERTISEMENT

New offers

Curious why would they even have him on an official or even unofficial visit? The only thing I can say is they have him listed as only 17, but he really doesn't appear to have the experience level where he would be anything but a project, and we have had way too many projects in the past.

I was looking at Daniel Caloca's high school experience. His senior season in high school he played JV. He only played varsity in one game.

I don't have anything else to say.

What stats are you looking at? MaxPreps https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/caloca-daniel/N-nyqqI8EeiAxKkkK9HIDg/default.htm shows him playing in 11 varsity games last fall and having 10 solo tackles playing NG (although UNLV appears to be looking at him to play offensive tackle)

When he committed to Idaho State (he is still committed) the article read:
Daniel Caloca, 6-4, 285, OL, Brawley Union HS, Brawley, Calif.
Brawley Union HS
: Two-Time first-team all-league and made CIF San Diego National Team.

Last edited:
What stats are you looking at? MaxPreps https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/caloca-daniel/N-nyqqI8EeiAxKkkK9HIDg/default.htm shows him playing in 11 varsity games last fall and having 10 solo tackles playing NG (although UNLV appears to be looking at him to play offensive tackle)

When he committed to Idaho State (he is still committed) the article read:
Daniel Caloca, 6-4, 285, OL, Brawley Union HS, Brawley, Calif.
Brawley Union HS
: Two-Time first-team all-league and made CIF San Diego National Team.

I saw this profile he listed: https://www.ncsasports.org/football...a/brawley/brawley-high-school1/daniel--caloca

That is what I went off of. But you may be correct and I stand corrected. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. He may never have updated his own personal recruitment profile.

So by MaxPreps he would then have one solid year of Varsity if that is correct. They do show one year of varsity stats.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Jalen Dixon will be here tomorrow for his OV.

8683652.jpg

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Dixon-46058831/

An All State Defensive Lineman by the Seattle Times who looks like he would be a nice get. If we can get him to commit there would only be 4 higher rated players above him so far in this class.

Seattle Times:
DEFENSIVE LINE

Jalen Dixon

O’Dea, 6-2, 255, sr.

If the top 2021 recruit in the nation weren’t in his league, we’d be talking a lot more about this Metro League Mountain Division defensive lineman of the year and his underrated presence for O’Dea the past two seasons.

Update on Jalen Dixon. Looks like we are still after him and have a home visit with him on Wednesday. Here is what he had to say about his visit at UNLV: https://247sports.com/Article/UNLV-Rebels-recruiting-Jalen-Dixon-Montana-State-142806593/

UNLV offers Ose Egabase. LB from Encino. Current offers are Dixie State and Southern Utah only.

So glad to see us put our money into the defense. We aren't done yet. Coming in for an OV this weekend is Waisale Muavesi DT 6'3" 285 from Provo, UT.
If we could pull Waisale Muavesi away from Utah's success up the street, a fellow poly HC in Sitake at BYU (3 miles up the street), and from a Kafusi and UCLA?....this is only the beginning on the recruiting trail.

If we could pull Waisale Muavesi away from Utah's success up the street, a fellow poly HC in Sitake at BYU (3 miles up the street), and from a Kafusi and UCLA?....this is only the beginning on the recruiting trail.

I don't think he has offers from BYU or Utah (yet). If they did offer beating out the Utah schools would be impressive. Even getting him to commit to UNLV over Wazzu (Rolo) where he took an OV last week is a tall task.

I hope he commits this weekend. I love all the attention CMA is giving to the Defensive side of the ball in this class.

I don't think he has offers from BYU or Utah (yet). If they did offer beating out the Utah schools would be impressive. Even getting him to commit to UNLV over Wazzu (Rolo) where he took an OV last week is a tall task.

I hope he commits this weekend. I love all the attention CMA is giving to the Defensive side of the ball in this class.
Offense was not too bad. Adding a few pieces. TE,WR, and a more accurate QB is all we need for Year 1. Does not need a overall . Defense does.

Reactions: 220reb

Utah cooled on him and BYU has not made an official offer but did have an in-home with him and his family. You're right neither had offered. That's my bad.

Do they rape women? I thought they just committed murder. Sorry if I’m getting them confused with someone else or am not keeping up with University’s crimes as well as I should be.

Those recruits who want to get on board with UNLV better hurry up since it appears the spots are filling up quickly!

A lot of comments about cutting players, I hope they get a soft landing unlike the one's they got on Sam Boyd turf.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT