ADVERTISEMENT

New offers

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
I didn't sit down and figure out all the offers that came out today, but I read at least 2 maybe 3 that are 4 star players.

Reactions: 220reb
I don't know if this is just because it has only been like a week or if it's because I haven't seen any yet or whatever exactly.

But it does seem like most have used the full length name of the school, comma and all.

Either that or UNLV. So happy to have NOT yet seen University of Las Vegas or Nevada, Las Vegas, or University of Las Vegas, Nevada.

I hope they thoroughly emphasize that "if you tweet it, get it right" ....

Seems like some of the kids with New offers have a little bit of style or swagger to them. Very interesting.

Hopefully we can land some. Offers are always great but in the end only ones that matter are the ones that commit.

Looks like we are in competition with Tennessee for his services. Unranked on 24/7 sports. DB 6-1 177 from South Carolina. Kid could be a diamond in the rough.

Reactions: RebelinWA
While some of the players seem decent, there are also several that seem to be very marginal, and it worries me that we will end up with some players that don't meet up to our expectations due to us being behind the 8-ball in regards to recruiting.

While some of the players seem decent, there are also several that seem to be very marginal, and it worries me that we will end up with some players that don't meet up to our expectations due to us being behind the 8-ball in regards to recruiting.
What kind of expectations do you have?

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
What kind of expectations do you have?

My expectations are to see UNLV go after mostly 3* or better players (not 247 3* players since they list almost everyone as 3*, but legit 3* players like BSU recruits), with the hope of 1 or 2 4* recruits. Sanchez did real well recruiting his first few years, but last season was a big drop off where UNLV ended up with numerous players that had very few if any other D1 offers. If UNLV is going to put people in the seats at the new stadium, they must be able to recruit the type of players who will put us at the top of the MWC.

The current recruiting class is a cluster f ... There willbe reaches just because of the situation. The next class needs to be significantly better. The next couple of weeks will be damage control mode in terms of the current class.

The key words are "like Rayshad Jackson!" The only other player type to target would be Javin White!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Kobe is a high 3* level recruit with about 20 offers from mostly D1 programs. That would be a great pick up if we could find a way to beat out all of the other schools! The one positive is he could still play against ASU in a game!

247 currently list Adam Plant as a transfer to UNLV from TCU. I understand that he has been talking about coming to UNLV, but that is as close to official as I have yet seen from any of the media. Anyone read or hear anything more official? Would be an amazing pickup for UNLV!

247 currently list Adam Plant as a transfer to UNLV from TCU. I understand that he has been talking about coming to UNLV, but that is as close to official as I have yet seen from any of the media. Anyone read or hear anything more official? Would be an amazing pickup for UNLV!

Plant himself also retweeted the following tweet:

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Considering the type of speed found on TCU, Plant could be a difference maker for UNLV football! The more I see the limits on UNLV recruiting coming late to the game, the more I see the best chance to get impact players coming via the transfer portal!

Olotoa looks alright, likes to hit. Highlights don't really show him defeating any blocks. Averages 4 tackles per game. Need to know his true height/weight.

I like this Collin Sutherland guy. He's a good blocker, can catch the ball and is pretty athletic for his size. All-academic guy also. I just wonder why he hasn't signed with anyone yet... And his offer list is underwhelming. If arroyo uses a tight end, i would take him.

I like this Collin Sutherland guy. He's a good blocker, can catch the ball and is pretty athletic for his size. All-academic guy also. I just wonder why he hasn't signed with anyone yet... And his offer list is underwhelming. If arroyo uses a tight end, i would take him.

He has an offer from Florida State and a visit scheduled with Texas Tech.

Has two G5 offers (Us and UNM) and two FCS offers.

Looks like his fsu offer was from Randy Clements OL coach now at ole Miss. Interested in seeing whether ole Miss offers him.I. would take Sutherland if we can get him.
Let the coaches do their job. If they cannot perform, another coaching search

No more coaching searches! This time around the coach needs to hit a home run, or at least a double as a coach! Tired of mostly strikeouts and foul balls with one or two singles in the mix!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT