ADVERTISEMENT

New offers

Normally we hear of these situations the other way. New coach comes in and revokes an offer. Kid asked to publicly decommit to save face. I hadn't thought of it going this way, where an offer the kid couldnt refuse came in and hes sort of allowing unlv to save face by not doing the decommit a d new school commit in one swoop. Who knows...

Arrigo seemed VERY defensive of the situation. Really pushing that it wasnt gonna be bad fit or offer pulled or academics or anything...

New Stadium is great. The facility should up the level of recruiting.

Still going to lose some recruiting battles.

Happens. Part of the reason I try and not get overly excited until actual signing day.

Take last year for example looked like we had a 5th year senior WR locked up, OK State swooped in last minute.

Reactions: RebelinWA
The higher level players most likely changed their mind the lower level player likely were let go. As for coach Arrigo, he wants to be careful how he treads so that he doesn't make enemies of the coaching staff from the high schools of the players that are no longer commits.

can you guys add what position these guys are if you dont mind? It would be very helpful. Thanks guys

Brumfield was online today in a twitter argument in which he corrected a UNLV commit who had an offer from unr that it was reno.

D5

@doug_brumfield

·
4h

*Reno
Quote Tweet

WQCfp_Zg_normal.jpg

TYSON PLAYER 4

@tysonplayer
· 5h
Blessed to receive a Scholarship Offer from The University of Nevada.. #UNR

I saw that Brock Miller a grad transfer from NC State is going to Boise St. And, that same day Kukea Emmsley a 4* from Boise St. went into the transfer portal. Kukea only played in one game last year against byu and didn't play any other games. His freshman year he redshirted. Sounds like he was over-hyped but if he transfers he would have to sit out a year and that might give him more time to develop. What I'm saying is get our new DC after him. Just sayin'.

There must be a reason why he didn't play, and why he is now leaving. Maybe UNLV is better off passing on damaged goods and letting coach go out and find more freshmen to bring on board. Even with the 3-4 players that have backed out for UNLV on recruiting (from Coach Sanchez recruits), UNLV overall rating has gone up. UNLV now has the second highest average rating in conference behind BSU. Currently UNLV is 4th in recruiting mostly because we have fewer recruits. Get one of the 4 star recruits that coach is going after, and we could see UNLV give BSU a run for their money in recruiting.

There must be a reason why he didn't play, and why he is now leaving. Maybe UNLV is better off passing on damaged goods and letting coach go out and find more freshmen to bring on board. Even with the 3-4 players that have backed out for UNLV on recruiting (from Coach Sanchez recruits), UNLV overall rating has gone up. UNLV now has the second highest average rating in conference behind BSU. Currently UNLV is 4th in recruiting mostly because we have fewer recruits. Get one of the 4 star recruits that coach is going after, and we could see UNLV give BSU a run for their money in recruiting.

Also take into account Air Force' numbers get skewed because of sheer number of recruits they are allowed.

I believe that most of the recruiting services only count the first 25 recruits that AF has (i.e. 247). Either way it will only take 1-2 recruits for UNLV to pass AF, and the same with Colorado St.

UNLV currently has dozens of offers out to 3* and 4* players. I fully expect the recruiting to keep in line with the level of recruits that UNLV has already received commits from.

Reactions: 220reb
I saw CMA was in Phoenix today. He said he had a great day of recruiting. Not sure who he met with in AZ.

Reactions: 220reb
Jalen Dixon will be here tomorrow for his OV.

8683652.jpg

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Dixon-46058831/

An All State Defensive Lineman by the Seattle Times who looks like he would be a nice get. If we can get him to commit there would only be 4 higher rated players above him so far in this class.

Seattle Times:
DEFENSIVE LINE

Jalen Dixon

O’Dea, 6-2, 255, sr.

If the top 2021 recruit in the nation weren’t in his league, we’d be talking a lot more about this Metro League Mountain Division defensive lineman of the year and his underrated presence for O’Dea the past two seasons.

Last edited:
Last edited:
For that first group of guys last weekend on OV, info was abundantly available probably because of the interest and excitement. Anybody have a full (or at least running) list of guys in this weekend?j

Need another big weekend. I would take Williams, Dixon and lock down Scott.
I'm hoping for a big weekend as well. It is awfully quiet today though. Not seeing the excitement like the beginning of last weekend. Coaches had better be on top of their game.

For that first group of guys last weekend on OV, info was abundantly available probably because of the interest and excitement. Anybody have a full (or at least running) list of guys in this weekend?j
Very quiet today. I don't like it.

I'm hoping for a big weekend as well. It is awfully quiet today though. Not seeing the excitement like the beginning of last weekend. Coaches had better be on top of their game.
Other than Williams, Scott, and Dixon I had heard of one other name earlier in the week but can't verify it. Tavian Combs. Coaches are keeping names quiet. It's poaching season as well so got that going on to.

Last week 247 didn't list most of the official visits until the end of the day on friday. I would look, but their site is currently down in regards to football recruiting.

I was looking at Daniel Caloca's high school experience. His senior season in high school he played JV. He only played varsity in one game.

I don't have anything else to say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT