ADVERTISEMENT

New offers

lol I'm just being sarcastic, idc what people post. But post hijacking does happen pretty often here.

Wouldn't he be bound by a commitment to the US air Force?
I had the same question. You can take a 2 year hiatus from an academy, not return (or return), and then owe your branch the 4 years.

I’m one of dem crazy Mormons and one of my missionary companions was at West Point. He was allowed to leave for his 2 year mission and return. He got injured on the mission so he couldn’t resume at Army. He finished at BYU and was able to continue his time in the Army after graduation.

Last edited:
Did Whitley just committed?
We can only hope. He will be here for a visit this weekend. If he goes to Old Miss and talks with Kiffin it's over. Hopefully he likes our New facilities and the coaching staff.

While UNLV will likely steal a couple of players from major programs, we are mostly competing against other teams in the MWC. Before worrying about winning the battle against bigger programs, we must first move to the top of the MWC in regards to recruiting and winning games.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Waiting for announcements. Let's see how this great staff comes together. Watching Stanford's linebackers hit people gives me hope for our D. Strength coach gives me hope. Sam Boyd was an injury maker.

While UNLV will likely steal a couple of players from major programs, we are mostly competing against other teams in the MWC. Before worrying about winning the battle against bigger programs, we must first move to the top of the MWC in regards to recruiting and winning games.
I agree. We are going to get the lower level 3 star or good 2 star recruits that Big 5 pass on. With good coaching that should really improve our team. Just takes longer.

Reactions: 220reb
I think we now have a huge leg up on BSU. They are unable to get any decent teams to come and play in Boise, while UNLV is now able to go after the heavy hitter programs with our new stadium. It should get much easier to sell UNLV within the MWC based on a much better out of conference home schedule and playing in a stadium that is on a different level from anything else in the MWC.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
We still have to beat Boise St head to head to be on their level.. there are no shortcuts replacing BSU. We must beat them on the field whether its in a dome on grass, turf or in the snow on the smurf turf!

Just wondering did Arroyo keep any of the players that had committed to Sanchez? Most of them probably no big loss but there are a couple good players.

Maybe Justin Rogers can follow Plant from TCU lol! He's in the portal.

Man you guys weren't lying about all those in the portal from Stanford, too.

Beating BSU and out recruiting them are different things. With a much better out of conference schedule and much better facilities, UNLV should start winning the recruiting wars within the MWC. Start winning on a regular basis and going to bowl games could leave the conference in the dust.

I think we now have a huge leg up on BSU. They are unable to get any decent teams to come and play in Boise, while UNLV is now able to go after the heavy hitter programs with our new stadium. It should get much easier to sell UNLV within the MWC based on a much better out of conference home schedule and playing in a stadium that is on a different level from anything else in the MWC.
BSU has Florida St coming to Boise this year, Ok St next year, and Michigan St in 2022. They have home and homes coming up with Oregon, Oregon St, Wazzu, Cincy, UCF, Houston and, of course, the ongoing series with BYU.

That is a change, because in the past they always had problems getting other teams to agree with a home and home series. I guess I am wrong on that point.

Just wondering did Arroyo keep any of the players that had committed to Sanchez? Most of them probably no big loss but there are a couple good players.
All "decided" to wait until Spring to sign. A couple are still on board but the hiring came days before the early signing period. It wouldn't have been fair to the players to ask them to sign without ever talking to their possible coach. They were asked to hold on until Spring where some Sanchez offers would be honored.

BSU has Florida St coming to Boise this year, Ok St next year, and Michigan St in 2022. They have home and homes coming up with Oregon, Oregon St, Wazzu, Cincy, UCF, Houston and, of course, the ongoing series with BYU.

BSU had to win at an extremely high level for 20+ years to get these teams to come to Boise. For years it seemed the only P5 schools willing to play on that ugly blue carpet were the other Pacific Northwest teams.

For UNLV it won't take much winning before the big boys are willing to come to Allegiant. We just have to prove we won't be a hindrance on their strength of schedule and CFP ranking. I'd really love to see Wisconsin on the schedule again.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
BSU had to win at an extremely high level for 20+ years to get these teams to come to Boise. For years it seemed the only P5 schools willing to play on that ugly blue carpet were the other Pacific Northwest teams.

And Oregon and Washington STILL have horrific flashbacks

Reactions: rebneck
QB Brumfield is visiting this weekend I believe. Of the trio of classmates from Junipero Serra I see that Ronald Gilliam still shows himself committed to UNLV on his twitter account. Justin Pinkney is still committed from what I can tell but, Oregon State has been after him.

I don't want to lose any of these three. I don't know if the other two are coming for a visit.

Arroyo needs to keep me updated...gawdamit.

QB Brumfield is visiting this weekend I believe. Of the trio of classmates from Junipero Serra I see that Ronald Gilliam still shows himself committed to UNLV on his twitter account. Justin Pinkney is still committed from what I can tell but, Oregon State has been after him.

I don't want to lose any of these three. I don't know if the other two are coming for a visit.

Arroyo needs to keep me updated...gawdamit.

Just to update on something I read was that Pinkney and Gilliam are still committed. Arroyo spoke to them personally and they are still committed. Arroyo didn't renege or pull any offers.

I hope to see these guys sign their letters in February.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
"Vegas Kue"!!!!

s-l1000.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT