ADVERTISEMENT

New offers

As we would have talks among ourselves if we were successful 2 things were apparent via Oregon boards. 50% said good play caller/50% not see ya later...I say this to that: Their QB is expected to be a high draft pick, ended the season top 10, won the rose bowl and wound up conf champs.

2: They (Oregon forum board members) ALL, 100% agree, that recruiting would be a HUGE loss for Oregon. No secret. Posts even when just a rumor was evident.

Give it time and I'd be willing to bet we are all presently surprised. DRF is putting all of her eggs in the football basket, and I do not blame her...it's 2020 after all. Yeah...willing to be the minority for this one...

So what say you, lets have this kind of reaction until it sucks (cause it can happen)....LETSSSS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Is that too much to ask?

Edit: Ya'll know what I 'm sayin'. =)

As we would have talks among ourselves if we were successful 2 things were apparent via Oregon boards. 50% said good play caller/50% not see ya later...I say this to that: Their QB is expected to be a high draft pick, ended the season top 10, won the rose bowl and wound up conf champs.

2: They (Oregon forum board members) ALL, 100% agree, that recruiting would be a HUGE loss for Oregon. No secret. Posts even when just a rumor was evident.

Give it time and I'd be willing to bet we are all presently surprised. DRF is putting all of her eggs in the football basket, and I do not blame her...it's 2020 after all. Yeah...willing to be the minority for this one...

Oh oh bro...You didn't bash DRF. You better find cover..

Reactions: XFactorRebel

The eggs in the basket thing is true... I don’t mind it. They way things have been run, relying on basketball hasn’t worked. And without a dominant program, no reason to continue being a basketball school. If Tark was here or somebody else here had dominated the region and were a national power, yeah, keep sinking everything in to hoops. But we’ve had 30 years since Tark and basketball has been mediocre overall.

Try football.

Reactions: CRhodes2020
So we now have offered OLB Brennon Scott. He recently uncommitted from Kansas. A 3 or 4 star player depending on the ranking service. This guy has a ton of P5 school offers. This would be a solid recruit. If Arroyo can land him then his recruiting skills would be legit.

So we now have offered OLB Brennon Scott. He recently uncommitted from Kansas. A 3 or 4 star player depending on the ranking service. This guy has a ton of P5 school offers. This would be a solid recruit. If Arroyo can land him then his recruiting skills would be legit.

Yesterday 247 had UNLV’s class at #8 in the conference- Today it’s #3. Great weekend for CMA and the staff.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=M-West

Still a lot of time left. So far so good.

Maybe, just maybe all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Coach Arroyo 'missing all that valuable time while preparing for the Rose Bowl instead of recruiting for UNLV' was a little misplaced.

Winning games is the ultimate barometer, but so far seems to be delivering on his reputation as a solid recruiter.

The tough part is going to be what it looks like three to four years from now. Pretty good initially, but it only starts with putting pen on paper. Can they develop and coach any of these guys to some wins

The tough part is going to be what it looks like three to four years from now. Pretty good initially, but it only starts with putting pen on paper. Can they develop and coach any of these guys to some wins

We saw what 'winning' the offseason did for us in basketball.

But...

You can't win without good players or guys that fit your system. This is a nice start.

I think almost as important (maybe even more so for immediate success) will be his JUCO recruiting and the impact it has. Sanchez missed a bit when going after JUCO guys. Not a lot or enough impact guys for him there..

Reactions: karaoke_jesus
Still no official/announced DC or DL coach, btw. Worth seeing who these kids are tagging in their tweets to see if we can get some leads...

Friday Peter Hansen updated his twitter from Stanford to "Defensive Coordinator at UNLV" and he is in the photos the players are posting of themselves with the staff this weekend.
https://twitter.com/phansen14

Below Hansen is the bearded guy behind Arroyo and Jeremiah Houston's right shoulder (Hansen is always in the back in the photos because he is 6'8" tall). Mark Anderson had an article a while back about Hansen, but he has not been officially introduced. There are only 11 staff members (including Arroyo) that have been introduced, but 13 guys appear in the photos with these recruits.

1500x500

Last edited:
Friday Peter Hansen updated his twitter from Stanford to "Defensive Coordinator at UNLV" and he is in the photos the players are posting of themselves with the staff this weekend.
https://twitter.com/phansen14

Below Hansen is the bearded guy behind Arroyo and Jeremiah Houston's right shoulder. Mark Anderson had an article a while back about Hansen, but he has not been officially introduced. There are only 11 staff members (including Arroyo) that have been introduced, but 13 guys appear in the photos with these recruits.

1500x500

Fyle is strength and conditioning. Doesn't count as a sideline guy or one of the 11 (I don't think could be wrong)

Great start. Two linebackers with speed and size. Running back with size to hit the hole on short yardage. A real deal tight end for the offense. Wishing them all great success individually and as a team.

I see we also offered Kyle Williams. A dual threat QB. Utah offered along with SDSU, unr, and Colorado State.

But, at 5'10" and 160 lbs. ???

Ok....

Without making a ridiculous comparison, just mentioning it because of his size...

K. Murray is maybe a shade over 5'10 himself.

That said, if you are that small ( especially by today's standards) you better be a special type of athlete....

Also very possible he got poached. Happens all the time.

Normally we hear of these situations the other way. New coach comes in and revokes an offer. Kid asked to publicly decommit to save face. I hadn't thought of it going this way, where an offer the kid couldnt refuse came in and hes sort of allowing unlv to save face by not doing the decommit a d new school commit in one swoop. Who knows...

Arrigo seemed VERY defensive of the situation. Really pushing that it wasnt gonna be bad fit or offer pulled or academics or anything...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT