ADVERTISEMENT

MWC commish named: WCC's Nevarez

LocoRebel

Retired Number
Apr 7, 2011
https://theathletic.com/3836281/2022/11/11/mountain-west-gloria-nevarez-commissioner/ https://twitter.com/steve4six/status/1511879443941191680

loses Cincinnati, Houston and UCF to the Big 12. The MWC is also a strong men’s basketball conference, with four NCAA Tournament participants last year. But realignment is always in the air, and San Diego State is a candidate to join the Pac-12 if that league opts to expand following the completion of its media rights deal later this year. — Vannini

What they’re saying

“I am honored and humbled to be trusted to lead one of the nation’s elite athletic conferences, and I want to thank the Board of Directors for their belief in me and in my vision,” Nevarez said in a statement. “We are well-positioned as a league thanks to the incredible legacy of Commissioner Thompson, but we cannot—and will not—rest on our success. We will be aggressive, we will be innovative, we will be inclusive and we will keep our focus on the student-athletes who call the Mountain West Conference home. I cannot wait to visit our campuses, our Conference staff, and our fans, and to begin the work ahead.”

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
Sorry for the bad quote above. Apparently I can't copy an entire article on mobile. Maybe someone can add it in in a comment 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully she is Not as Bad as DRF! Maybe her previously having an association with PAC-12 will will help UNLV in someway.

"Nevarez has spent the past four years as the commissioner of the West Coast Conference, and before that, she worked as a senior associate commissioner at the Pac-12 conference"

Hopefully she is Not as Bad as DRF! Maybe her previously having an association with PAC-12 will will help UNLV in someway.
So no FB experience as a commish … the driver of collegiate money.

I don’t think it matters all that much anyway. Hair was here too long anyway, nearly a quarter of a century and we are weaker now than when we started.

Reactions: reagan21
Her first order of business needs to be getting the MW a better tv deal! Once again the start of a Rebels game is delayed by another event!! SMDFH

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT