ADVERTISEMENT

Line'm Up Boys. Prediction UNLV vs USC

USC 21-7 at the half

USC 56-10 final.

There is a huge gap in both talent and depth between the elite teams and the bottom teams. We're still closer to USD than USC.

Hope I'm wrong.

SC 48-10

SC's offense could struggle early as they run out a new QB, I expect them to be pretty conservative but theur D is tough. If Im not mistaken they have a couple of preseason AA's on D, Cam Smith and one of thier DB's.

Guys, I know the score. I was sitting on my couch one night last week, not even thinking about the game, and it just came to me:

UNLV 24 - 38 USC

I’d be quite pleased by that score.

USC 45-UNLV 24 a bit early for a line em up, but I'll take it!

UNLV surprises and wins 42 to 35!
I've considered this game a potential upset with all the changes to both squads in the turnover from last season. I don't know that I've got the fortitude to officially call it, but I won't be shocked.

Guys, I know the score. I was sitting on my couch one night last week, not even thinking about the game, and it just came to me:

UNLV 24 - 38 USC

I’d be quite pleased by that score.

This is more realistic to me, 10 or 14 point game with USC getting on early, Rebs closing in, then depth taking back over. Hopefully it's 7 the other way!

Reactions: colonelreb
I see this as a lower scoring affair- our run game will chew up yards and clock, keeping their offense off the field for much of the first 3 quarters, staying within 7-10. Then in the 4th, they pull away....USC 27, UNLV 13

A win verse USC would almost immediately put UNLV to the front of the pack for moving into a major conference. The new stadium is already a huge statement, now win some games and go to a bowl to show that the program is going to be ready for the new stadium!

it still wouldn't surpass the biggest upset of last year....
It is what it is, and the point spreads are what they are... but the whole thing about he biggest upset ever is ludicrous.

Howard went 7-4 last year. They had 1st year head coach, coordinators, and qb... but they were coaches with lots of upper division experience. We had no idea what scheme they would run, let alone the guys they had.

Was it a terrible loss? Absolutely, but to have UNLV, with our history (and recent history) of ineptitude as part of the “biggest upset” in CFB history, and we were the FAVORITE is insane. The only way UNLV should be a part of biggest upset is if we were the underdog and pulled off the upset ourselves. Now, hopefully that changes over the next couple years, but our history is what it is.

Again, I understand the point spreads and based on that, yes it was technically the largest loss, but biggest upset seems a bit inflammatory and a fib tag line that detractors like to throw out to show CTS is not taking the program in the right direction.

USC is revamping their D, so they may not be as formidable as usual, especially since this is week #1. Plus UNLV is a upper class heavy offense. They've played the big boys. Yeah, they'll run out of gas, but not until the 3rd, I think.

Reactions: lvrebalum2012
USC is revamping their D, so they may not be as formidable as usual, especially since this is week #1. Plus UNLV is a upper class heavy offense. They've played the big boys. Yeah, they'll run out of gas, but not until the 3rd, I think.
That sounds about right. It’s what happened in a couple other games when we’ve played higher depth teams.

I don't know about running out of gas. Our depth isn't that bad, probably the best it has been in years. Especially week one with most everyone healthy.
I think we get out talented. We may hang around for a good portion of the game with our good offense and improved D combined with SC probably trying to keep things vanilla.

But eventually, I think SC just says "eff it" and takes over.

We barely cover the spread USC 48 UNLV 24 ! Hopefully i'm wrong and we can pull off the :football: Upset of the Year ! [smoke]

We wont run on SC's D.

I predict they will rum on them. Run D is not USC strong point....

SBNation
They also plummeted from 19th to 91st in rushing success rate and grew even less disruptive against the run, falling from 80th to 113th in stuff rate (run stops at or behind the line). They had a fantastic pass defense, and their pass rush improved dramatically, but it didn’t matter because opponents didn’t really have to pass.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
I predict they will rum on them. Run D is not USC strong point....

SBNation
They also plummeted from 19th to 91st in rushing success rate and grew even less disruptive against the run, falling from 80th to 113th in stuff rate (run stops at or behind the line). They had a fantastic pass defense, and their pass rush improved dramatically, but it didn’t matter because opponents didn’t really have to pass.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a strong, steady, time consuming running day that keeps SC on their heels until desperation creeps in? One can dream.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a strong, steady, time consuming running day that keeps SC on their heels until desperation creeps in? One can dream.

Keys to victory

1. We run
2. We win the turnover battle
3. We pass enough to keep 'em honest AND break a long one

They will begin to doubt and we begin to beleive....

Or we just get curb stompped anyway...LOL :pray:

A win would be really cool for all of faithful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT