ADVERTISEMENT

Hawaii DC thinks they will have more fan's at the game than UNLV.

They might. Hawaiian UNLV students come loud and in their Rainbow Warrior green. It’s why there’s so many fights in the student section.

I can’t wait for this game. I want to see what our defense can do

I’ve been to several UH/UNLV games in town. Hawaii does represent well, but I never thought they had more fans. Even in the June Jones years thought it was close. Not sure why they would this time either. Maybe there is a thought of more coming because they want to check out the new stadium, but on the flip side, they are not as good as they’re used to being.

A few thousand might have migrated temporarily from Maui because of the fires.

We played Hawaii at allegiant in 2021. I guess we could have been in weird Covid times, but 19k came to that game. Same as the game before against SJSU which was on a Thursday that year.

My point is that Hawaii didn’t bring any substantial amount of fans that year.

I guess Saturday could be different but there would have to be around 40k at the game in order for Hawaii fans to outnumber us, which ain’t happening. Im thinking we’ll be just over 25k.

Hope this fired up the team.

Reactions: LocoRebel
they will have more fans - I've been to UH games in Vegas - its the 9th island - Lots of pineapples' living in Vegas wanting a good reason to see that stadium at a cheap price. UNLV didn't all of sudden grow a fan base because they are 3-1 - only the diehards have take notice and think momentum is gaining - reality is The Rainbow Warriors will come in to Vegas and draw more fans

Reactions: LVRebel2000
they will have more fans - I've been to UH games in Vegas - its the 9th island - Lots of pineapples' living in Vegas wanting a good reason to see that stadium at a cheap price. UNLV didn't all of sudden grow a fan base because they are 3-1 - only the diehards have take notice and think momentum is gaining - reality is The Rainbow Warriors will come in to Vegas and draw more fans
Highly doubtful, but we’ll see

UNLV should consider giving free tickets to all Las Vegas High school football teams. Invite coaches to bring their teams to games . I would recommend doing it for rivalry games like UNR,UH, and SDSU.
Great idea. I think $1 beer and $1 hotdogs might be a little better draw for the nosebleed.

Its possible. I’m not sure Coach has a full understanding of this rivalry, nor should he,… and the underlying island fan base(aka 9th island - hello,) About to find out! Like many of you, we’ve seen and felt this rivalry. I have a good feeling coach, staff, and the players are really ready, but I also feel they don’t truly FULLY know the right cross and jabs coming! … on the field and in the stands

We played Hawaii at allegiant in 2021. I guess we could have been in weird Covid times, but 19k came to that game. Same as the game before against SJSU which was on a Thursday that year.

My point is that Hawaii didn’t bring any substantial amount of fans that year.

I guess Saturday could be different but there would have to be around 40k at the game in order for Hawaii fans to outnumber us, which ain’t happening. Im thinking we’ll be just over 25k.

Hope this fired up the team.
I come home to one home game a year, and I was at that game. I thought Hawaii brought a lot of fans. It felt 50/50 to me. It looked like the opposite side of the field was nearly all Hawaii fans.
I doubt they have more this year. There seems to be a little more buzz doe this game. I've seen more comments of Rebels fans coming out to this game, often their first time in years.

No idea what that equates to, but it should be the best crowd of the year and a fun environment.

I'm coming to the Wyoming game this year. Hopefully we keep winning and the atmosphere continues to improve.

Even if we have 20 thousand and they have 10 thousand that will put a nice group in the lower section.

The game against Vanderbilt had just short 23,000 in attendance. I do not believe there were more than 1,000 Vandy fans. While it is obvious looking at the ticket sales on the visiting side for the Hawaii game are almost all sold out while there are more open seats on the UNLV side, there are a lot of people like me that didn't get our tickets on the home side. Even if UNLV only has 22,000 fans at the game, that would mean anything over roughly 10K for Hawaii would cause the next section of seating to be opened up. In order to have as many fans, it would required 45K plus at the game.

The game against Vanderbilt had just short 23,000 in attendance. I do not believe there were more than 1,000 Vandy fans. While it is obvious looking at the ticket sales on the visiting side for the Hawaii game are almost all sold out while there are more open seats on the UNLV side, there are a lot of people like me that didn't get our tickets on the home side. Even if UNLV only has 22,000 fans at the game, that would mean anything over roughly 10K for Hawaii would cause the next section of seating to be opened up. In order to have as many fans, it would required 45K plus at the game.
Was Vandy a "true" 23k, or paid 23K with a lot of empty seats.

Crowd looked decent. And it seemed that there were more students for that game. But it didn't look like a full 23k on TV. But i could be wrong.

Outside of the Timmy Chang/Brennan years when Hawaii was good I don't remember Sam Boyd being overrun with Hawaii fans. 50/50 split.

Don't get me wrong there will be a lot. And we will have to listen to that God forsaken 'Waaaa Whoooo' chant on every good play by Hawaii. I think you'll see no worse than 50/50.

The nice thing is that since Hawaii hasn't been great and they've been scheduling games earlier (less intake of the fire water) there haven't been nearly as many 'flare ups' in the crowd as years past.

Was Vandy a "true" 23k, or paid 23K with a lot of empty seats.

Crowd looked decent. And it seemed that there were more students for that game. But it didn't look like a full 23k on TV. But i could be wrong.
I was at the Vandy game and it sure didn’t look like 23k in attendance. Perhaps the giant swath of empty seats in the upper levels made it look less populated than it actually was, but there were a good number of empty seats in the lower bowl as well.

I was at the Vandy game and it sure didn’t look like 23k in attendance. Perhaps the giant swath of empty seats in the upper levels made it look less populated than it actually was, but there were a good number of empty seats in the lower bowl as well.
It sure looked pathetic on TV. I wish I wasn't living in the east coast so I could fill a seat at the stadium, but the optics are really bad. Every angle looks empty.

UNLV should consider giving free tickets to all Las Vegas High school football teams. Invite coaches to bring their teams to games . I would recommend doing it for rivalry games like UNR,UH, and SDSU.
Couldnt do this. It would blur the lines between who is on an official visit, unofficial visit, or just a guest that isnt getting recruited. I see the vision though.

Couldnt do this. It would blur the lines between who is on an official visit, unofficial visit, or just a guest that isnt getting recruited. I see the vision though.

Didnt Sanchez have something akin to this? Like tix for local HS? I seem to remember this being discussed in a thread once. Or was it local Pee Wee? I can't remember..

Speaking of pineapples, did you know that pineapples aren't native to Hawaii?

I have been wondering this for a while, not able to find a number.

Might someday that into a "Count the seats in the rows, rows in the sections, and sections in the bowl" thing...
You would think the exact number has to be published somewhere but I can't find it.

If it was 23 for Vandy it will be at least 35 for this game.
Too bad they’re green. This is one of those games when you want media crowd shots for future media guides and such.

We should play 2 non con games vs Whisky and say Oklahoma or Ohio State, one home, one road every year. Take the L, the payday, and get your home photo ops with the crowd just jam packed red.

I’m on the rebels side and I can count 30 Hawaiian fans close. And half of them are jerks.

On TV it looks like most UNLV. But they may not have a great view of the opposite side of the field

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT