ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV Football: Where can we go?

Don't know about the Beavs. They (and Whoregon) travelled well to Pullman, but that is driving distance.

Thats the thing about the Mtn West dissolving and joining the Pac. Wouldn't that end the TV contract? Certainly we could do better with OSU and WSU in the fold. Cougs get a lot of TV sets, despite our small town and remote location. 60% of our grads live in the Seattle area.
Our media contract is set to end after the 25/26 season. If schools leave after this current season the media contract allows the media partners to reduce the payout. On the other hand if we increase our membership prior to contract expiration the media could increase it as well. The MWC should be getting into media rights negotiations soon but, I'm thinking they are waiting to see what is going to happen with the MWC/Pac2.

If we are looking at merging into the Pac12 conference then that starts a whole new set of media negotiations.

Don't know about the Beavs. They (and Whoregon) travelled well to Pullman, but that is driving distance.

Thats the thing about the Mtn West dissolving and joining the Pac. Wouldn't that end the TV contract? Certainly we could do better with OSU and WSU in the fold. Cougs get a lot of TV sets, despite our small town and remote location. 60% of our grads live in the Seattle area.
I like them Beavs meat, they're delicious. Not the animal, of course, you know what I mean? I guess the whorer they are the better...
As matter of fact, I had many, many cougars....

I like them Beavs meat, they're delicious. Not the animal, of course, you know what I mean? I guess the whorer they are the better...
As matter of fact, I had many, many cougars....
Give me a hint. Does it taste like chicken?

I’ll lay odds that you wait that long 7 days/week. I’d put the over/under at 2pm, and I think I’d have to put the under at -150.
I have no idea what you have said but at 2 pm, you would lose. Think. This is bookworm. When I say 5 pm, I mean 5 pm.

I have no idea what you have said but at 2 pm, you would lose. Think. This is bookworm. When I say 5 pm, I mean 5 pm.
Meanwhile, somewhere in Trip's Florida home...
It_s5o_ClockSomewhere_plank.jpg

Amirite!?!?

Meanwhile, somewhere in Trip's Florida home...
It_s5o_ClockSomewhere_plank.jpg

Amirite!?!?
LOL. You got it.
My 13 years skinny boy and my 15 years old meatball sandwich want chicken Alfredo for lunch from a Jamaican restaurant. I stopped by there at 11:37 am, I am part French so I looked up what time in France it was. I ordered a Jamaican "fruit Punch"...while I wait for the foods. Best fruit punch ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcut03
"Odom having success here will likely create more suitors than before his arrival."

I agree. But moving up from G5 to P4 is, to some degree, a numbers game. Each year there are 12-15 HC openings in P4. About 1/3 of those go to previous Professional coaches and upgraded assistants. So we are looking at 9-10 positions for G5 coaches. Doing well here would be a big plus. But the big minus for Odom is he failed at a P4 program. Yes, coaches do get two or three bites at the apple for P4, but they almost always showed success at their first P4 HC job. It's not very often that someone does poorly at their first P4 HC job and is brought back again.

I think we are safe with Odom until he shows he can win the conference. ( Of course all bets are off if he has a close relationship with a new AD and he gets moved up that way).
IF he takes us to back to back bowl games for the first time in school history I think he will get a lot of attention. If he can have success at that school….

I bet finding large donors won't be hard to find if Rebel football has had a couple of successful seasons.
True and not sure what the capital campaign is earmarked for it is vague from what I have read but is NIL part of it?

Reactions: 1Tripoda
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT