ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State at Wyoming

SJSU 20 Boise 7
CSU 17 USU 3
WYO 17 Fresno 7

All are still early 2nd quarters but we could have an upset or 2 in MWC today
Fresno is old school. Wyoming switching defense is confusing them. UNLV switching defense is a lot more radical. Both Wyoming and Fresno lines are bigs and lumbering.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Fresno is old school. Wyoming switching defense is confusing them. UNLV switching defense is a lot more radical. Both Wyoming and Fresno lines are bigs and lumbering.
Fresno D is gassed...lead foot.
24 - 7 Wyoming @half

Today is really mixing up the favorites in the MWC:

Wyoming 24-7 Fresno State end of first half
It looks like Fresno State may be paying for their weak schedule. Only Air Force will have a chance at top 25 this week!

SJSU 27 BSU 7 late first half
The defense of BSU has given up over 300 yards in the first half. BSU will need to fight to even get a winning record if they lose this game.

CSU 17 Utah State 17 late first half.
A dog fight with 5 turnovers in the first half.

I thought Wyoming would give Fresno a battle, maybe even win, but this is a beat down right now.

Good lord has Boise fallen off.

USU beating CSU wouldn't be that big of an upset in my opinion. CSU was game against Colorado, which let's be honest has a good offense but defensively is poop.

I thought Wyoming would give Fresno a battle, maybe even win, but this is a beat down right now.

Good lord has Boise fallen off.

USU beating CSU wouldn't be that big of an upset in my opinion. CSU was game against Colorado, which let's be honest has a good offense but defensively is poop.
It’s total domination through one half. Wyoming looked really dialed in.

As for Boise, surprising to see that fall. Menzies must be on staff.

I really look at CSU and Utah State as two teams that are at the bottom of the league. unr is hold up the very bottom with the longest losing streak in the nation. Currently unr has a 15 game losing streak which is longer then the longest ever UNLV losing streak of 14 games.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
It’s total domination through one half. Wyoming looked really dialed in.

As for Boise, surprising to see that fall. Menzies must be on staff.

Man, they've fallen back to the pack the last few years but this is surprising (Boise)..

Wyoming beating Fresno not shocking. Beating like this??? Even at home is surprising.

At the time that BSU joined the conference the MWC was desperate and made a bad deal. Does that deal run out at the end of the current TV contact in 2025/2026?
I can see the original deal but with a modification that says they must be in the top 3 of the conference for the deal to continue.

If they are not first in the conference most of the time, then the deal make little sense anymore. But I will say that currently SJSU is letting BSU back into the game. Looks like BSU may take the lead soon.

WTF happened to Colorado State?
They weren't good... they got hyped to play CU and haven't been good since...

Also I said it in the other thread, Fresno was over ranked based on who they had played... just be consistent and there's really a high possibility of where our ceiling is this year...rest of conference is not great top to bottom outside AFA, Fresno, Wyoming, and really us

They weren't good... they got hyped to play CU and haven't been good since...

Also I said it in the other thread, Fresno was over ranked based on who they had played... just be consistent and there's really a high possibility of where our ceiling is this year...rest of conference is not great top to bottom outside AFA, Fresno, Wyoming, and really us
They may have been overrated, but their second half was as good as Wyomings first half. I thought both teams looked really solid, not great. Both are better than us, imo.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
They may have been overrated, but their second half was as good as Wyomings first half. I thought both teams looked really solid, not great. Both are better than us, imo.

MWC is going to be volatile this year. Would you be surprised if AF beats Wyoming next week but loses to Fresno? Anybody be shocked if USU or CSU win a game at home they probably shouldn't. Boise is down but not out yet.

It's wide open.

MWC is going to be volatile this year. Would you be surprised if AF beats Wyoming next week but loses to Fresno? Anybody be shocked if USU or CSU win a game at home they probably shouldn't. Boise is down but not out yet.

It's wide open.
It is hard to predicting anything involving UNLV with this QB situation. With Brum, you cannot feel too good about UNLV chance. If the Coaches decides on Maiava for the rest of the year then it a little easier to predicts the progression because we have some samples.

It is hard to predicting anything involving UNLV with this QB situation. With Brum, you cannot feel too good about UNLV chance. If the Coaches decides on Maiava for the rest of the year then it a little easier to predicts the progression because we have some samples.
I think our team is a really nice QB away from be good. Our QB's are serviceable but not good enough to be game changers. A QB who could confidently throw down field would open our ground game even more and we could be competing for a league championship.

Has Doug been taking reps with first team in practice during bye week? If he hasn't, he's not starting. I think Odoms words are a nice way of saying, he's not the current starter. Unless Doug is fully back during the bye week, I don't see wasting the week of prep just to throw someone in that hasn't taken a snap in almost 3 games. That's just asking for Reno to put us in a hole and then what do you do? Pull Doug down 14-0 or 21-0 because the offense goes 3 and out for first 25 minutes? I don't see it and I can't see Odom doing that just to protect someone's feelings.

What in the name of all that is good and sacred was Miami coach thinking...
I was at Autzen stadium a few years ago when Miami’s coach Mari Cristobal was Oregons coach. He did something similar, Oregon fumble gave Stanford the ball, they scored to tie the game went to OT and Stanford won.

The last UNLV coach and the current Boise coach were assistants under Cristobal at Oregon, Cristobal is an absolutely horrible game day coach, great recuiter though so no surprise that UNLV fired their coach and I’m guessing the guy at Boise isn’t going to be around much longer.

What in the name of all that is good and sacred was Miami coach thinking...

Shades of UNLV vs Baylor 1999. In my opinion theses are the worst kind of losses in college football history. Take a damn knee and the game is over! I don’t know what these coaches are thinking. The game is literally over if you take 1 knee. Why even run a play in a 1 possession game knowing what could possibly happen.

Of course in 99 I was happy UNLV was on the winning side of a total bone head play call.

Last edited:
Shades of UNLV vs Baylor 1999. In my opinion theses are the worst kind of losses in college football history. Take a damn knee and the game is over! I don’t know what these coaches are thinking. The game is literally over if you take 1 knee. Why even run a play in a 1 possession game knowing what could possibly happen.

Of course in 99 I was happy UNLV was on the winning side of a total bone head play call.
I remember the game, it wasn't on TV, but listened on the radio!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I wrote us off and almost turned off the radio (the game wasn’t on tv). Then I heard our announcers making a ruckus and had to hear them repeat that we returned the fumble for the W.
I remember listening to the broadcast with my Dad that game. We decided to turn the radio off right when I heard that they were lining up to run up the score. We didn't want to hear that crap.

Didn't know what happened until the RJ the next morning!

Last edited:
Has Doug been taking reps with first team in practice during bye week? If he hasn't, he's not starting. I think Odoms words are a nice way of saying, he's not the current starter. Unless Doug is fully back during the bye week, I don't see wasting the week of prep just to throw someone in that hasn't taken a snap in almost 3 games. That's just asking for Reno to put us in a hole and then what do you do? Pull Doug down 14-0 or 21-0 because the offense goes 3 and out for first 25 minutes? I don't see it and I can't see Odom doing that just to protect someone's feelings.
Doug has been practicing for 2 weeks, how much with the first team is hard to say. I'm guessing he had some run with them leading into Hawaii. The past week and this week? Who knows.

I agree they are not going to put him out there with second team reps. But if Odom is truthful in saying that Doug is Qb1, then I would imagine that he is getting those reps.

In a way it makes sense that he plays against Reno. Unless he is throwing pick sixes and fumbling the ball left and right for scoop and scores, UNR is not going up 21-0 or 14-0. They aren't good enough for that. AlsoDoug has protected the ball well up to this point.

Also we aren't going to abandon the run game. So having 3 and outs every possession is unlikely too.

IF he gets the start, which I believe is 60/40 that he does at this point, I think they give him 1 half barring disaster. If we are down or the offense just isn't humming as good as JM, they make the switch back at half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT