ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes

Following the link is says Sanchez is decisive and knows who he wants, and has a link that goes back to original link, who are possible replacements?

Not sure if it was the only reason but I believe it was the biggest reason. There may have been promotion opportunities in Fresno.

Defensive Backs and Running Backs coach yes both played at Fresno. Would love to steal Hunkie Cooper back from SDSU. Nothing wrong with a little new blood, looking forward to who is coming on board.

Fresno probably has a little more in the coffers to pay assistant coaches as well.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
In the coffers maybe, but isn't the Cal State system one of those large systems that is entirely failing under its own financial weight?
Their athletic department is entirely separate and some of the student fees still go into the AD. Cal Ed really has nothing to do with them.

Both coaching positions have been filled now and noone has said anything about them?
I saw the RJ article yesterday on the RB coach being filled (DeAndre Smith from Purdue)... They actually beat the Scoop in reporting it, but I haven't seen anything else on the DB coach. Do you have any info on that?

Buzz on twitter is that today could be Bishop Gorman's HC Kenny Sanchez' last game. Wonder where he might be going. Do you think he might be joining UNLV's program? I think it would be a mistake to take him away from BG when he is our inside man on the recruiting pipeline.

Buzz on twitter is that today could be Bishop Gorman's HC Kenny Sanchez' last game. Wonder where he might be going. Do you think he might be joining UNLV's program? I think it would be a mistake to take him away from BG when he is our inside man on the recruiting pipeline.

Our inside pipeline to Gorman & other top schools will be to continue to improve. If Kenny can add something to the staff I want him on the staff not coaching Gorman.

Last edited:
Our inside pipeline to Gorman & other top schools will be to continue to improve. If Kenny can add something to the staff I want him on the staff not coaching Gorman.

Saw a report in the RJ I think about Kenny Sanchez and I guess there is legislation to give the programs the opportunity to add a 10th assistant. I doesn't look like it will up for approval until June so we probably won't know anything solid until then.

Saw a report in the RJ I think about Kenny Sanchez and I guess there is legislation to give the programs the opportunity to add a 10th assistant. I doesn't look like it will up for approval until June so we probably won't know anything solid until then.
The Convention begins the day after Martin Luther King, Jr Day. Adding the 10th coach "could" go through as early as the end of February.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
First two seasons were pretty good. Team has steadily been trending in wrong direction since. His seat is pretty warm right now. Anything less than 8-4 next year, he probably gets the boot.
Rich Rod is hurting because Zona also just lost their best recruiter and, arguably, their best position coach to the Huskers.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

That appears to be the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT