ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Ice cream of all time!!!

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Single scoop and waffle cone 10 bucks.

F’n incredible!! I haven’t been on the southwest side of town. This place cool.

The best ice cream of all time is the gelato in most any city or town in Italy. Fantastic texture and smoothness paired with brilliant flavors. Once you have it you'll become spoiled for any other.

We eat our ice cream at Handel's. The 4 scoop sampler is pretty awesome and the price isn't eye watering.

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
Leatherby’s!
We eat our ice cream at Handel's. The 4 scoop sampler is pretty awesome and the price isn't eye watering.

Some new district off Durango and 215 south.
I’ve heard of Handel’s but didn’t try it yet.

The Southwest side of town has grown tremendously.

Had baskin robbin’s today and had classic rainbow sherbet and some other flavor. Much cheaper for 2 scoops for 7 dollars and 13 cents. But I never ever want to eat Baskin Robbins after having that ice cream.

salt and straw..

I thought you were saying that just because you are Italian.
Have you never had good gelato? It’s much higher fat than ice cream, much smoother. Consistency is different.

I wouldn’t eat gelato as like in a banana split, I’d prefer ice cream with that.

But one on one, gelato, easily. I don’t care if it were invented in Madagascar.

Have you never had good gelato? It’s much higher fat than ice cream, much smoother. Consistency is different.

I wouldn’t eat gelato as like in a banana split, I’d prefer ice cream with that.

But one on one, gelato, easily. I don’t care if it were invented in Madagascar.
In fact, as far as desserts go, aside from gelato, I’m luke warm, at best, with Italian desserts. I can take or leave cannolis, zeppoli, tiramisu, etc.

In fact, as far as desserts go, aside from gelato, I’m luke warm, at best, with Italian desserts. I can take or leave cannolis, zeppoli, tiramisu, etc.
I’ll have to try some gelato for myself.

BTW - On Youngs Jersey Dairy, assuming I am going to Dayton for that game, Youngs Dairy is like 20 minutes away.

Bruster’s Ice Cream is incredible!!Dude, the best steak to buy in Las Vegas is at Restaurant Depot here in Las Vegas. We cooked Steak for the first time and added Montreal seasoning. The steak was so god damn good, we didn’t add A1 or Weshershire.

Incredible steak for 300 dollars and it fed about 20 people.
It blows Vons and Smith’s steak out the freakin water.

Current favorite is Handels. I do like gelato. Depends on my mood on which I'd prefer.

Went to a place called Sorry, Not Sorry Creamery (stupid name, line out the door). Didn't end up getting anything because all the flavors were freakish (Campfire Smores - Bumbleberry Cheesecake Crumble - Brown Sugar Milk Tea with Boba - Honey Lavender - Whiskey Bananas Foster - Jelly Filled Doughnut). My kids ended up with the only tolerable one (Rocky Road), but even they only had a few bites and said "it's good until it melts". Strange response, but you have to love kids.

Basically flavors for people who have strange fetishes.

My favorite place for that sort of thing was Nielsen's Frozen Custard on Eastern. We have Handel's here in Indy and they're pretty solid.
Yeah they are good, but a big chain we have soon to be almost 10 in SD County. I try and support the mom and pop ice cream shops we have a bunch nearby , but do hit Handles from time to time for whatever their Blizzard is called? Hurricane maybe?

I have Salt and Straw about a 3 minute walk down the street they are good too but have grown a lot and are a small chain.

I also have several Gelato shops in the neighborhood to walk to so rotate through those.

Just got back from Italy and never once had gelato I kind of forgot to…

Talking about foods. Have anyone try Regina Pizzeria in North Boston? They claim to be the first Pizzeria in the U.S. Original brick oven. I wonder if that original location still open? Pandemic really kills a lot of small businesses.
That pie I had from Regina was so delicious. It was just a cheese pizza.

Talking about foods. Have anyone try Regina Pizzeria in North Boston? They claim to be the first Pizzeria in the U.S. Original brick oven. I wonder if that original location still open? Pandemic really kills a lot of small businesses.
That pie I had from Regina was so delicious. It was just a cheese pizza.
Yes, several times but not in probably 25 years.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT