ADVERTISEMENT

Cancer Diagnosis

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
The remaining PAC 4 have got to be experiencing some of the emotions a person feels when they get a cancer diagnosis. Denial: We are better than this. This can't be happening to us. Anger: Those Ba*tards screwed us and we can't let them get away with it. Depression: Can't sleep, eat, concentrate on anything but getting left behind. Bargaining: We'll take anything that will let us keep our status. And finally Acceptance: We're going to have to deal with less money. We will be in a lessor conference. Let's figure a way to get the best of it. Those MWC conference teams are crap so at least we will have a great record as we beat them up.

The remaining PAC 4 have got to be experiencing some of the emotions a person feels when they get a cancer diagnosis. Denial: We are better than this. This can't be happening to us. Anger: Those Ba*tards screwed us and we can't let them get away with it. Depression: Can't sleep, eat, concentrate on anything but getting left behind. Bargaining: We'll take anything that will let us keep our status. And finally Acceptance: We're going to have to deal with less money. We will be in a lessor conference. Let's figure a way to get the best of it. Those MWC conference teams are crap so at least we will have a great record as we beat them up.
Goes along with more than just cancer diagnosis. Any crisis or grief.

We have some people in the denial stage with UNLV basketball, for instance. I get that it takes time, but we’ve had a solitary blip of decent success over the past 30 years … A few other teams in conference have had at least that same success in the past 10 years. Yet we still hang on to “we are back” when we sign a three star or four star recruit.

Acceptance phase is tough for some people to reach.

And don’t get me started about the past couple of years in non-sports areas.

But, to be honest - no, I’m not mad, but that a really shitty heading especially given your particular age. Had me worried.

Goes along with more than just cancer diagnosis. Any crisis or grief.

We have some people in the denial stage with UNLV basketball, for instance. I get that it takes time, but we’ve had a solitary blip of decent success over the past 30 years … A few other teams in conference have had at least that same success in the past 10 years. Yet we still hang on to “we are back” when we sign a three star or four star recruit.

Acceptance phase is tough for some people to reach.

And don’t get me started about the past couple of years in non-sports areas.

But, to be honest - no, I’m not mad, but that a really shitty heading especially given your particular age. Had me worried.
I'd never burden a sports forum with that grave of a personal problem. Too stoic.

I don't know why the pac4 would come out and announce they won't merge with anybody. They are in a very weak position and that weakens them more. Sounds like an "anger" stage of grief

Reactions: WarthogRebel
Those 4 have nothing. They better sit down and realize where there at, question is how many MWC schools join them in PAC/MWC merger etc that's the question now.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Those 4 have nothing. They better sit down and realize where there at, question is how many MWC schools join them in PAC/MWC merger etc that's the question now.
They have a bunch of money, which is certainly better than nothing. All of those teams leaving will leave behind their allocation of funds. From what I've heard, it's around $400 million or something like that. The question is, do they want to keep the money or use it to try to rebuild the conference.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
They have a bunch of money, which is certainly better than nothing. All of those teams leaving will leave behind their allocation of funds. From what I've heard, it's around $400 million or something like that. The question is, do they want to keep the money or use it to try to rebuild the conference.
I think they should keep the money for themselves. If WSU has a chance to keep $100 million for themselves I think they take it. They may never see that kind of money again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT