ADVERTISEMENT

Are we good

Facts. It would be very easy for him to leave. I just dont think he would have a huge impact here with being just a depth piece and big body. He would have little film imo if he were to transfer. At least with Big Guard, he had some offensive bag that he displayed.

Vice's stock is at an all time high now and he will continue to get big offers. Also helps that Mike Miller was his coach and his brother in on the Creighton staff. Also not a guarantee that the school his dad leaves to has a good basketball team.

All in all, this situation is a little difficult to read because his dad just got the job at UNLV and who knows if CKK and him have even talked. My opinion is we go for a starting C like McLeod or Vanover (prefer McLeod) or we just roll with Kalib at the 5. I'm cool with either option. I was on board with Vice but I've definitely moved into the mindset that I want a starting caliber 5 right now. Figure out the depth pieces later.
Did not know his coaches brother is on the Creighton staff definetly a plus for them. I think no matter who comes Kaleb will be playing the 5 a lot, which I'm good with. I will have to check out McLeod don't know much about him. Vanover would be nice, but don't you think he will pick a team that will give him a lot of minutes. Do you think he would get the minutes here.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Did not know his coaches brother is on the Creighton staff definetly a plus for them. I think no matter who comes Kaleb will be playing the 5 a lot, which I'm good with. I will have to check out McLeod don't know much about him. Vanover would be nice, but don't you think he will pick a team that will give him a lot of minutes. Do you think he would get the minutes here.
I personally think he would. He played 25 mins a game last year. I can see him playing that again here, a little more or even a tad less. He was gassed a lot last year so having Kalib move from the 4 to 5 to spell him would keep him fresh later in games. Just my opinion.

I've seen a little of McLeods game. How I'd classify it is he's a good player and was ahead of his peers in hs. Now everyone has caught up to him. He'd dominate here. Just my opinion though. Could be totally wrong.

Last edited:
Maybe Vice to Creighton does not happen. Why? If Creighton center stays in draft, they have a spot open. Creighton coach is ex Ndsu coach. Also Creighton took a player from the Summit league last year and he did well. So Grant Nelson of Ndsu seems tailor made for Creighton if he does not stay in draft. Omaha is just down the road from Fargo so it makes sense location wise also.

Maybe Vice to Creighton does not happen. Why? If Creighton center stays in draft, they have a spot open. Creighton coach is ex Ndsu coach. Also Creighton took a player from the Summit league last year and he did well. So Grant Nelson of Ndsu seems tailor made for Creighton if he does not stay in draft. Omaha is just down the road from Fargo so it makes sense location wise also.
Makes sense for sure! It's just so many things that have to happen lol. I believe Nelson will stay in the draft. If not, then Arkansas lmao they get everyone in the portal

I personally think he would. He played 25 mins a game last year. I can see him playing that again here, a little more or even a tad less. He was gassed a lot last year so having Kalib move from the 4 to 5 to spell him would keep him fresh later in games. Just my opinion.

I've seen a little of McLeods game. How I'd classify it is he's a good player and was ahead of his peers in hs. Now everyone has caught up to him. He'd dominate here. Just my opinion though. Could be totally wrong.
I looked up McLeod. I think he would be a good fit here. He definetly needs a new place and I believe he would have the motivation to prove himself here. Not a surefire player yet, but taking a chance on him might prove a good fit

I looked up McLeod. I think he would be a good fit here. He definetly needs a new place and I believe he would have the motivation to prove himself here. Not a surefire player yet, but taking a chance on him might prove a good fit
He is visiting syracuse this weekend

Naheem has told the coaching staff no and he will be committing shortly.

We offered another C tonight as a result. Can't disclose who yet as he is not officially in the portal that's public. Paperwork has been submitted though and all coaches know he's in the portal. Will go public within the next couple of days.

Naheem has told the coaching staff no and he will be committing shortly.

We offered another C tonight as a result. Can't disclose who yet as he is not officially in the portal that's public. Paperwork has been submitted though and all coaches know he's in the portal. Will go public within the next couple of days.
him or someone else?

I’d take him. He’d probably be okay with coming off the bench for Kalib as he only averaged 17 minutes a game last year with SJSU.

He’s not going to be a superstar, but he adds height. He can rebound and protect the rim.

I’d take him. He’d probably be okay with coming off the bench for Kalib as he only averaged 17 minutes a game last year with SJSU.

He’s not going to be a superstar, but he adds height. He can rebound and protect the rim.
Your assessment on his abilities is spot on. However, CKK and staff want him as a starter along with Kalib, but a starter that doesnt play 28+ mins. Start and play until the media timeout and come back in later in the half to spell Kalib at the 5.

Will confirm the details when I get more of it tomorrow.

Your assessment on his abilities is spot on. However, CKK and staff want him as a starter along with Kalib, but a starter that doesnt play 28+ mins. Start and play until the media timeout and come back in later in the half to spell Kalib at the 5.

A starter? I thought with Kalib at the 5 and all the wings we have the only starter position open is a PG. Wouldn't a potential starting center cause Kalib to bolt?

A starter? I thought with Kalib at the 5 and all the wings we have the only starter position open is a PG. Wouldn't a potential starting center cause Kalib to bolt?
Will confirm everything later today, but just from the centers that we have offered in the past week, it was understood that Kalib would have started at the 4, but would mostly slot in at the 5. That's why I broke down Diallo's minutes the way I did above.

No question McLeod would have started here and Aziz would have started here.

It really depends on who the C is. Some would slot in as a starter while others would be a bench piece. The staff wouldn't offer these Cs if they felt it would be going back against what they told Kalib. Convos are being had often about role allocation. Kalib will play a lot and touch the rock a lot. That's a guarantee the staff was comfortable putting out there.

Out of curiosity, why did Diallo play less than 20 minutes per game, after he started many games for SJSU?

Out of curiosity, why did Diallo play less than 20 minutes per game, after he started many games for SJSU?
Good question. Thinking San Jose would go with a smaller faster line up and he played his role when it came down to getting rebounds and shot blocking. Just a thought

Did he already graduate? Or with all these numerous changes is he allowed to transfer a second time without having to sit?
He's probably graduating in a couple of weeks but wouldn't be surprised if he isn't/hasn't and is still given a waiver
Vice just committed to Creighton
Not too surprised. Just didn't seem locked in with the possibility of playing in Vegas.
Nowadays, starting doesn't mean playing a bulk of the minutes. He wasn't in their closing lineup which is what players are seeking now. Doesn't matter if you start, as long as you get the crunch time minutes, you're happy. He started, got rebounds, blocks, filled the lane and that's that.

He's probably graduating in a couple of weeks but wouldn't be surprised if he isn't/hasn't and is still given a waiver

Not too surprised. Just didn't seem locked in with the possibility of playing in Vegas.

Nowadays, starting doesn't mean playing a bulk of the minutes. He wasn't in their closing lineup which is what players are seeking now. Doesn't matter if you start, as long as you get the crunch time minutes, you're happy. He started, got rebounds, blocks, filled the lane and that's that.
I'm okay with this pick up. It would have been great to get some of the centers mentioned to transfer here, but Realistically it just was not happening. He seems to be more aggressive than David Mouka. His rebounding stats and points a little better then David's. If he can crash the boards hard for rebounds next year I will be happy with that. All in all our front court is a lot better than last year and if Cottrell is healthy enough to get minutes that will be a bonus too.

I'm okay with this pick up. It would have been great to get some of the centers mentioned to transfer here, but Realistically it just was not happening. He seems to be more aggressive than David Mouka. His rebounding stats and points a little better then David's. If he can crash the boards hard for rebounds next year I will be happy with that. All in all our front court is a lot better than last year and if Cottrell is healthy enough to get minutes that will be a bonus too.
I truly think all of this is a worst case scenario playing out in the staffs mind. If Cottrell was a guarantee, then we wouldn't even be tripping about any centers but he's not, so here we are.

I really do hope Cottrell will be good though. Not even for our sake but for his sake.

I truly think all of this is a worst case scenario playing out in the staffs mind. If Cottrell was a guarantee, then we wouldn't even be tripping about any centers but he's not, so here we are.

I really do hope Cottrell will be good though. Not even for our sake but for his sake.
I would like to see this pickup. Extend his time to 30 minutes and he's averaging a double-double.

I didn’t know that, oops. Now I’m getting excited. Lobbybuu’s other thread just made me even more excited.
And maybe Deivon heard that were going with Dedan and that is why taking a visit to Utah today. Just wishing

Reactions: art8
An offer just went out to another Center tonight. Talented big man that just didn't work out at his previous stop. He would be more of a depth and chemistry piece. Emphasis on the chemistry.

Would provide what Karl Jones should have provided last season. I can see him coming in with a lot of energy and an intimidator badge. 5-5-1 block every game type of player

Last edited:
An offer just went out to another Center tonight. Talented big man that just didn't work out at his previous stop. He would be more of a depth and chemistry piece. Emphasis on the chemistry.

Would provide what Karl Jones should have provided last season. I can see him coming in with a lot of energy and an intimidator badge. 5-5-1 block every game type of player
Ejiofor?

Reactions: utestream

Antwon Jackson from Arkansas State? He’s from Vegas so that’s where I’m getting the chemistry aspect. He definitely would be a depth piece.

O.2 blocks per game. 2.6 rebounds per game. Only played 2 minutes last season. Looks like someone who can keep Karl Jones company on the end of the bench. But also we can't have 11-12 people who expect to start or see minutes. As long as Cottrell stays healthy and plays like we expect him to and no other big man gets injured we are fine and don't need him.

Reactions: TimothyC3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT