ADVERTISEMENT

Are we good

This new landscape is so ridiculous. It’s worse than the pros. At least when the pros commit they are signing binding contracts. It’s just a massive free for all right now. And even though the money is high, there are salary caps.
Yup, great when it works for us and sucks when it works against us! Overall, still crazy.

Boom.

I'm hearing his new Memphis offer will be 3x more than the initial one
This new landscape is so ridiculous. It’s worse than the pros. At least when the pros commit they are signing binding contracts. It’s just a massive free for all right now. And even though the money is high, there are salary caps.
The lead up to season tip off has been mangled beyond any recognition.

We need some good news @lobbybuu like a PG signing or at least a visit. Is there any chance we pick up the two transfers in a package deal from Utah Valley?
Working on it! No visits this weekend. Focused on two PGs rn. Someone isnt in the portal yet but if he hops in, he will come here for sure. No questions asked. C position is very fluid rn. Might just be a depth piece at this point.

Working on it! No visits this weekend. Focused on two PGs rn. Someone isnt in the portal yet but if he hops in, he will come here for sure. No questions asked. C position is very fluid rn. Might just be a depth piece at this point.
Thank you, and that is pretty good news. 👍

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Naheem fits the most with what we are doing.

My issue with the staff is they are offering or showing too much interest in too many centers. A lot of these players know each other and talk and even though they are friends or know each other through social media, they are not going to want to go to a place where they know they arent the first option at the position. If you want Naheem the most, pull press on him. If its Aziz, full press on him. I get that we have to explore options but exploring too much leads to everyone getting away.

My issue with the staff is they are offering or showing too much interest in too many centers. A lot of these players know each other and talk and even though they are friends or know each other through social media, they are not going to want to go to a place where they know they arent the first option at the position. If you want Naheem the most, pull press on him. If its Aziz, full press on him. I get that we have to explore options but exploring too much leads to everyone getting away.
Good advice. Does the staff feels like they need anyone else? I dont think they think they "want" anyone else?

Reactions: LVRebel2000

In recruiting you can’t put your eggs in one basket and the players know that any school is recruiting more than one player for the same spot. Especially transfers who have been around the block. Just be up front with them. I feel aggressively recruiting with a wide net is the way to go.

In recruiting you can’t put your eggs in one basket and the players know that any school is recruiting more than one player for the same spot. Especially transfers who have been around the block. Just be up front with them. I feel aggressively recruiting with a wide net is the way to go.
I agree with you! I'm just saying you can show interest, but we haven't put the full press/been aggressive with any C. Not putting the full press at a position of need is dumb. Offering but then saying the offer isn't commitable until another domino falls is idiotic. Take whoever wants to be here. We haven't done that.

The full press was out on for the twins and look how that turned out.

I agree with you! I'm just saying you can show interest, but we haven't put the full press/been aggressive with any C. Not putting the full press at a position of need is dumb. Offering but then saying the offer isn't commitable until another domino falls is idiotic. Take whoever wants to be here. We haven't done that.

The full press was out on for the twins and look how that turned out.
Is it a case that they've been working on locking down a PG so they've been pressing more there?

Is it a case that they've been working on locking down a PG so they've been pressing more there?
Yes. Staff knows that we need a PG in the worst way. They are content with Kalib at the 5 and rolling with the versatility.

Personally I don't want a depth piece if it'll be a 5. He can't just be a big body out there for 5-10 mins. If we get a 5 man, he needs to be good enough to start or at least go 20/20 with Kalib at that spot.

Pop’s dad sounds like a big Peery fan from what I saw on Twitter. Was pushing for him to get the TT job.
This. As long as Peery is here, Pop will be here. Convos are being had behind the scenes but nothing illegal is happening. What even is illegal nowadays? Seems like everything goes now.

Pop will be back in Vegas this summer or next. Only a matter of time.

Yes. Staff knows that we need a PG in the worst way. They are content with Kalib at the 5 and rolling with the versatility.

Personally I don't want a depth piece if it'll be a 5. He can't just be a big body out there for 5-10 mins. If we get a 5 man, he needs to be good enough to start or at least go 20/20 with Kalib at that spot.
I agree. That’s why they should put the full court press on Aziz Bandaogo. He has three skills that typically transfer very well with a step up in competition. He has a motor, he is a plus rebounder and one of the best shot blockers in the country at 2.8 pg. But there could be a problem with wanting to start.

Lobbybuu we need a C, so Boone can play the 4, it would be a devastating 4/5 combo with someone like Aziz and Boone next to each other!

I agree. That’s why they should put the full court press on Aziz Bandaogo. He has three skills that typically transfer very well with a step up in competition. He has a motor, he is a plus rebounder and one of the best shot blockers in the country at 2.8 pg. But there could be a problem with wanting to start.
I love the idea of this guy next to Boone at the 5, they would be the best front court duo in the MWC by a wide margin!

Lobbybuu we need a C, so Boone can play the 4, it would be a devastating 4/5 combo with someone like Aziz and Boone next to each other!
I love the idea of this guy next to Boone at the 5, they would be the best front court duo in the MWC by a wide margin!
You speak nothing but the truth. I know some people will hate this, others will like it but if we get him and any competent PG, we will be dancing.

Of course CKK would have to be competent but with that talent...

Yessir! Motor is really all I want. Hella motor, average skill is something I'd take tbh. Muoka gave up after 2 possession lmao

I had the highest hopes for Muoka too!
It would be nice getting Brock Vice, but I think he is waiting to see if the center at Creighton will get drafted. Aziz would be nice too, but I'm sure he is looking for playing time, which we could give him, but maybe he might see Kalib biting into his time. Aziz might be looking for a team that is small so he gets major minutes, but hopefully he might be thinking good minutes at UNLV while also learning for Kalib, wishful thinking a little here. All I know if they get Aziz or Brock we definetly need a good point. Talk about being optimistic, but I'm sending good vibes out there for the hometown Rebels

Where did the all the money going to support Findlay Prep go? Why can't UNLV be the new Findlay Prep?
It stays deep in his pockets. Let's just say that CF tosses money around like 1000 pound man hole covers.

Staff just offered Austin Maurer. I can confirm they have talked to him about the idea of reclassifying. I'm not too familiar with his game nor do I know what this means for portal Kombat, but just wanted to report this new development.
Interesting. Do you think we will get a good point guard soon?

Staff just offered Austin Maurer. I can confirm they have talked to him about the idea of reclassifying. I'm not too familiar with his game nor do I know what this means for portal Kombat, but just wanted to report this new development.
Stretch 5 at 6'11

Reactions: Rebelhustle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT