ADVERTISEMENT

Al Davis vs Jerry Jones

Do you mean Mark Davis? I hope so, because Al is, well, not above ground?
If so, Jerry gets my nod. He had the vision and put his balls on the table far more than any Davis ever did. Al sued the NFL to move, then moved again. He never did get his luxury boxes, but did stick Oakland with that hideous mountain, ruining a decent baseball park. Jerry got his rings, then blew it up for decades over vanity. Now that he lets other people make personnel decisions (his son), he's on the brink of another. Raiders are doing it despite Mark's presence, which is limited compared to Al.

I've always thought that Jerrah fancied himself as a latter day Al Davis (bringing in reclamation projects, players' owner, bad ass) with a bit of Wellington Mara mixed in (highly involved in the machinations of the league, well placed and respected among his peers).

Jerry Jones is for the Raiders to Vegas, he is a smart business man.

He is also annoying as hell. Of course it's the cowboys too so eff him!
He also tried to ruin his franchise by being a general manager too. Also being too involved with coaching. The irks me big time.

Al Davis was a train wreck towards the end and was also killing his franchise "Lets draft another speedy receiver in the first round please!". Though he as really good when he was in his prime.

Davis ftw.

I've always thought that Jerrah fancied himself as a latter day Al Davis (bringing in reclamation projects, players' owner, bad ass) with a bit of Wellington Mara mixed in (highly involved in the machinations of the league, well placed and respected among his peers).
I've had the honor of working with all of the above and I think that you are right on target.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT