ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Predictions

I looked at their schedule when I saw they are ranked they shouldn't be ahead of us.
Probably splitting hairs. Toledo is 10-1 only loss is Illinois by 2, beat SJSU who after Saturday will be a common opponent. UNLV is 9-2 with a loss to Michigan. Both play in crap leagues, neither has beat anyone with with an ESPN FPI above 68(SJSU), AFA is 69 and dropping fast.

Toledo FPI is 59, UNLV is 65.

SOS for both in bottom 1/3 in the nation. UNLVs boosted a little by playing Michigan.

Probably could make an argument for both who have very similar resumes but Toledo at 10-1 and 10 straight wins is going to be ranked before UNLV.

Probably splitting hairs. Toledo is 10-1 only loss is Illinois by 2, beat SJSU who after Saturday will be a common opponent. UNLV is 9-2 with a loss to Michigan. Both play in crap leagues, neither has beat anyone with with an ESPN FPI above 68(SJSU), AFA is 69 and dropping fast.

Toledo FPI is 59, UNLV is 65.

SOS for both in bottom 1/3 in the nation. UNLVs boosted a little by playing Michigan.

Probably could make an argument for both who have very similar resumes but Toledo at 10-1 and 10 straight wins is going to be ranked before UNLV.

That one extra loss being the difference really.

Had UNLV beat Fresno they are possibly/probably flipped.

Debatable to be sure. Its close. They currently are so need them to lose if for no other reason than potentially getting into the top 25.

Feels weird even discussing top 25 and UNLV football in the same sentence.
That's the truth, nice for a change. I was wrong on Toledo I was thinking they had two losses that is SMU. They shouldn't be ahead of us. Though I also was thinking beating AF meant something but as Rebswin pointed out that win doesn't mean as much now.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
That's the truth, nice for a change. I was wrong on Toledo I was thinking they had two losses that is SMU. They shouldn't be ahead of us. Though I also was thinking beating AF meant something but as Rebswin pointed out that win doesn't mean as much now.
The fact that Fresno and Air Force have fallen off a bit hurts us some.

It also sucks that San Jose is playing great right now, but their ranking is still suffering through their early season struggles. So it is a game we could easily lose, and a win doesn't help a ton.

The best case was Fresno winning out after our game, then winning the revenge game, also Air Force winning all but one of those games.

Best case would be beating San Jose, then probably Boise. They still have decent computer rankings, and of course a good name.

I'm not sure on all the metrics but I'm guessing Fresno losing to UNM caused their computer ranking to take a hit and since they beat us it somehow hurt ours.

And yeah AF losing to Army and Hawaii really devalued that win for the Rebs.

Beat SJSU and I think the Rebs break into the top 25.

I think you are right that a win gets us in the top 25. We nearly made it this past week.

UCLA would be cool. We play them in two years too.
Last time UCLA played at UNLV they brought a really good crowd, so I would expect if we played them in California, they would show up with a large number of fans. I will admit that I would be a little worried about how many people from UNLV will attend based on the lack of a history of bowl games and winning to get the numbers to go that would attend from schools that play in bowl games on a regular basis.

UNLV will need to start from the bottom in regards to building a fan base to attend bowl games.

Last time UCLA played at UNLV they brought a really good crowd, so I would expect if we played them in California, they would show up with a large number of fans. I will admit that I would be a little worried about how many people from UNLV will attend based on the lack of a history of bowl games and winning to get the numbers to go that would attend from schools that play in bowl games on a regular basis.

UNLV will need to start from the bottom in regards to building a fan base to attend bowl games.
I'll be there. If for no other reason to see the stadium.

That ND game broke them. It also scared me off of Williams for the number one pick. 3 INT's in the first half and it looked like 2 if not all 3 were because he misread the defense. He relies heavily on improv and plays breaking down can he build on his game similarly to how Lamar Jackson appears to have or is he yet another USC QB whose game doesn't work in the NFL.
Can’t wait for the Jets to draft him

It’s be so awesome if we could generate excitement for a bowl game and get 20k folks to attend and impress the hell out of P4 folks.

Reactions: ckfitz

Yeah we have to build up a home following first probably. Some die hards will go I am sure. Being in LA maybe they can get a decent crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT