ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Reno Thread

I really think this is a must win game for UNLV to rescue the season. I am not sure how the AD and President would feel about keeping Kruger if they lose twice to unr this season. If UNLV would lose today, I would find it unlikely that they could win at unr at the end of the season. On the other side, if UNLV could win both games, I believe it would be likely that Kruger would come back next season as long as they win at least 3 of the other 5 games.

My really poor guess is UNLV 72-65

I think we win -

2 months ago REno wouldve killed us -

We are a different team than 2 months ago -

Thank goodness

situation reminds me of my favorite Cowherd analogy.

I was at the Air Force game. The last five games have been pretty good.

Might be something like someone who is in an abusive relationship. Things have been better for a while now. hopefully they stay that way. But there is still that nervousness in the back of your mind abuot the possibility for a relapse.

LuRod vs Blackshear will decide the game.
No big men shooting three's on lost defensive rebounds. Reno loves to tap it out. Blackshear is tough but their inside game and kick to big men is also potent. It will come down to pick and roll defense as Reno loves to run a lot of motion ala Alford at NMU years ago. If we can't guard, it will open up easy lay ups.

I don’t much about UNR this year. Took a look at their schedule and they done have many impressive wins. SDSU and CSU at home, at USU may be their most impressive win. None of their loses have been as embarrassing as a few of ours. Tough to handicap this one. It’s THE rivalry game so in the end none of the stats matter. CKK needs to have our guys focused for 40 min. They do that and I like their chances.

I don’t much about UNR this year. Took a look at their schedule and they done have many impressive wins. SDSU and CSU at home, at USU may be their most impressive win. None of their loses have been as embarrassing as a few of ours. Tough to handicap this one. It’s THE rivalry game so in the end none of the stats matter. CKK needs to have our guys focused for 40 min. They do that and I like their chances.
If both play to near their level of total ability, UNLV wins by 5 on a neutral court; imo.

I am in Minnesota and I do not see this on cable systems, or themwc. Anyone know what TV it is on?

Amazing lead considering 3 rebel starters out quite a bit of time with foul trouble. Rebel defense other than letting Lucas shoot has been outstanding.

Watching a disciplined UNLV team is something else... inside out, good shots, some good ones inside that didn't drop. Got through the Reno run with foul trouble and built a bigger lead... I like it

Win or lose, the coach has lost control of the team. They keep tossing up 3's. They also are getting out rebounded, and when they don't get the rebound they hack the player that does, which ads a foul to the mix.

Wow, dedan carries them but misses 2 ft when we had to have them. Again, we cannot close games. We had this one.

Another game where Kalib was non-existent...
Another game where bench gives you nothing...

Another close loss

Rebs lose rebounding 37-17. Unr 11 offensive rebounds to our 10 for a whole game! Rebounding is part of defense, we played some real good defense but all goes down the drain cuz we cannot rebound.

Reactions: Rosegreen1
This is the ceiling with this staff, games like this at home against Utah St and AFA will continue to be puzzling losses under you know who!

That’s pretty much sums up the season.

Can’t finish games. Sucks, that was a good and loud crowd.

Can someone explain why they continue giving J Johnson time down the stretch? I dont get it, I understand some minutes to give guys a breather but why else his +/- on the court tonight was brutal.

I fell asleep at the 7 minute mark with a comfortable feeling that UNLV would win. How the hell did they lose…
Couldn't rebound, 0 for 4 from ft, and could not make clutch shots. Summed up in unr daring us to shoot a 3, l rod shoots a wide open 3 and it's an airball

They went back to shooting from outside which left unr inside to get all of the rebounds. Every time they draw you back in, they have another bonehead game like this one.

The Boones just don't play smart at the worst times. To many dumb turnovers and fouls.
Not only them Rodriguez tossed up a handful of 3's and missed all of them. Instead of going inside, UNLV was outside tossing up 3's with nobody inside to rebound. They went back to how they played a month ago and ignored what got them back near the front of the conference. Bad coaching? Bad playing? Motivation?

Rebs lose rebounding 37-17. Unr 11 offensive rebounds to our 10 for a whole game! Rebounding is part of defense, we played some real good defense but all goes down the drain cuz we cannot rebound.
Kalib and Rob grabbed 7 boards between them. I don’t care if the point totals are good, that can’t happen. They should be grabbing 15 between themselves.

Kalib had about 6 turnovers and the other was pop a shot.. I was thinking my boy( GE Money) was going to kill them last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT