ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Reno

Picked up his 3rd foul with 18:01 to go in the 2nd.
Kalib got 14 minutes and had 3 fouls and crooked shooting LRod fouled out and got 32 min. So by your statement, LRod should have sat way more on the bench also. But he did not and that is why I asked, "why not more Kalib?"

Reactions: LVRebel2000
LRod was terrible as well. Couldn't guard, couldn't shoot... we aren't going to win games if our starters aren't contributing anything, because our bench is pure garbage between Nowell, Webster, JJ3, and Cottrell- a bunch of guys who look like they don't belong at this level.
But if our starting 5 aren't all contributing something, the game will feel alot like this one, including Boone and LRod

Hicks and Whaley both hurt? Loss of Hicks really hurt the defensive effort. Best effort of night goes to Lu Rod and DJ. They really gutted it out. Award for phantom calls goes to the white haired ref I have been booing for 20 years or so. No way were the Boone's going to win this game with that crew. This game showed Nowell should be playing guard not small forward. Can we win vs SDSU? Injuries are catching up with this team. Le Dell will get white glove treatment from refs so NO.

LRod was terrible as well. Couldn't guard, couldn't shoot... we aren't going to win games if our starters aren't contributing anything, because our bench is pure garbage between Nowell, Webster, JJ3, and Cottrell- a bunch of guys who look like they don't belong at this level.
But if our starting 5 aren't all contributing something, the game will feel alot like this one, including Boone and LRod
Shooting coach is a must. Rebs played hard especially DJ but the lack of movement towards the basket for drives is the Achilles heel of this team. KK needs to go as the offense (point guard shooting the layups) doesn't work when you have 6'6" guys rotating on him all night. This won't change next year, except Evans will be Lu Rod and that will take some time. The Bear will help and red shirt freshman 6'11" will help too. Transfer portal for a shooting guard or two might be the answer. The other answer depends upon the AD and the boosters.

Blaming the refs in a 10 point loss os soft. We didn't adjust our game to force the calls, instead we kept going up soft and expecting to get calls that weren't there. When our 3 interior guys aren't contributing in meaningful manner due to the way they're being defended, we aren't a good shooting team, and it showed. Lucas also did whatever he wanted all night and rarely got checked defensively. Then you add in the useless minutes you get from Webster who has more turnovers than the dining hall at breakfast time, you get beat. Yeah the refs didn't help and weren't making calls but that's not why we lost and won't be why we lose Thursday

Reactions: billd99s
Kalib got 14 minutes and had 3 fouls and crooked shooting LRod fouled out and got 32 min. So by your statement, LRod should have sat way more on the bench also. But he did not and that is why I asked, "why not more Kalib?"
I don't think it's by my statement, i'm just providing information. He got his 2nd foul with 8 minutes left to go in the first, so Kevin sat him to protect him, and when he did get minutes he looked soft, uncomfortable, and wasn't working hard on the glass--spent more time going softly into doubleteams and getting turnovers or bad shots and complaining than playing good defense on top of being in foul trouble. then to pick up his 3rd foul early in 2nd he got the pine again.

LuRod was the best defender on the floor for us all night, if you're asking why LuRod got to foul out when Kalib went to the bench, my money would be on that he didn't have any fight in him last night and the foul trouble just made it easier to make that decision.

I am happy. Thanks for asking. And thank you for the gift of the first game. Between losing twice to Nevada and losing your quarterback to USC, you are having a tough year. Even the golf team stinks.
Most importantly, we have to deal with the fact that the cannon is Red... Again. Losing really sucks! Enjoy your upcoming basketball coach search.

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
I’m always curious as to what makes fans of other teams come to another team’s message board just to hurl insults. I mean it’s not like the WSU Cougar fan who visits to share info and seek our take on things. That’s the respectful, civilized way to engage folks. One must have a rather miserable existence to take time out of the day to spend it on another site, especially your rival’s site, just to be a dickhead. I’ve always thought it reflects so poorly on such folk and their institution. Perhaps it accurately reflects their institution and city? It’d be humorous if it weren’t so sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT