ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Reno

Reno playing real well. We had them beat a few weeks ago in the T&M and gave it away. Huge game for the Rebels here.

FUNR 75
UNLV 73

Prove me wrong again Rebels.

Defense will play a huge part in this one, it'll be just like the other games vs the top 6. We will probably fall behind early as they come out with emotion for Senior night, we will establish our game, and then ride a small lead into 2nd half. Game will come down to final few minutes. As long as we have a 5 point lead or better, we should be able to hold them off.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
With the way Reno have been playing lately, would anyone be dumb enough to think UNLV can win this game? Call me dumb. Go Rebs!

With the way Reno have been playing lately, would anyone be dumb enough to think UNLV can win this game? Call me dumb. Go Rebs!
I remember thinking that when Menzies rolled into the trailer park up north with one of our worst teams ever and we walked out with a W. Strange things happen in this rivalry. There will be a bunch of pressure on UNR. Rebs should go in loose but with purpose.

I remember thinking that when Menzies rolled into the trailer park up north with one of our worst teams ever and we walked out with a W. Strange things happen in this rivalry. There will be a bunch of pressure on UNR. Rebs should go in loose but with purpose.
Id like to think a few things can be true.. Our team will be a bit deflated after beating SDSU but also they will have the motivation of knowing that they shouldve beaten Reno at home a few weeks ago. Second, CKK has Alfords number. We also have a lot to play for, so do they, but we need the W, they're probably fine. I also look at their recent win streak and they are a foil to what we have been doing during ours. Their 3 point shooting has taken a sharp increase, where as we have been really good defensively. I think in a one off game, theyre more likely to return to their mean and have a bad night shooting. For us, we can have a bad night shooting the 3 and still pull out a Win, I cant see Reno doing that vs how well we have been defensively

The one time I root for SDSU to win they choke at home.
The only good thing about it with a UNM win, they would end up as the 6th seed and not get a bye... and they're playing bad basketball right now which is usually not the case entering the MWC tournament for them

Based on the SDSU result, win and 2 seed and lose and 4 seed with a 4/5 matchup against SDSU or UNM. UNM wins the tiebreaker with a win I think.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
Big day for program... if things go our way, we may actually get a season worth remembering... I hate getting my hopes up with this program because they've dashed them quickly so many times over last decade

Have turned a corner or has this all been “smoke and mirrors” like last season’s win streak in OOC play, we shall see today!

Silver lining is that CKK is 4-1 vs. Alford and UNR. Sometimes coaches just do well against certain coaches. Hope that plays out today.

This team is playing with house money right now because nobody expected them to be playing a meaningful game at this point in conference play. Retribution should be the only thing on their minds.

This team is playing with house money right now because nobody expected them to be playing a meaningful game at this point in conference play. Retribution should be the only thing on their minds.
Depends on what point of the year you’re using for reference. Before the season started, you weren’t playing with house money, it was expected they’d be competing. That they blew the OOC makes it “house money” to some.

UNLV 67
UNR 63

I haven't put much faith in the Rebels this season but I think they do it tonight

Is this the most Thomas has tested in the first half over the last 12 games or so? The rest might be foul trouble caused but seems like we are playing more players tonight.

We are so weak at going for rebounds. Difference last time we played and this one also.

So basically everything that could go wrong in all the MW games did. Season is most likely over. Glad I'll be traveling and not watching the game.

Kalib Boone was supposed to be better than this? I said it all summer long he is too skinny at 6’9 210 to play in the paint consistently and that was before I knew how limited he is offensively. Welp on to SDSU let’s hope the rest of the starters don’t come down with a case of “Kalib-itis“ and forget to show up Thursday!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT