ADVERTISEMENT

We are in bizness

Hi, I have been reading the board for years. Very interesting stuff. By the way Pistol Pete didn't play varsity as a Freshmen.
This guy didn’t play much his freshman year either..and it shows.

The difference being in Bizjacks 1st year he averaged 4 points a game vs. Maravich averaging 44 points a game.
Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or just trying to make me look bad or something!?

Obviously they were comping to skill versatility, court presence and IQ. When has any player averaged 44 points a game in the NCAAs after that?

And speaking of numbers, we could do far worse than a player who scored 2900 points/700 rebounds/ 600 assists in HS. Every situation is different for freshman and playing time. I think this may be a nice pickup.

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or just trying to make me look bad or something!?

Obviously they were comping to skill versatility, court presence and IQ. When has any player averaged 44 points a game in the NCAAs after that?

And speaking of numbers, we could do far worse than a player who scored 2900 points/700 rebounds/ 600 assists in HS. Every situation is different for freshman and playing time. I think this may be a nice pickup.
I just read an article from Dallas (HS years) in which they called Bizjack the “Modern Day Pete Maravich”. That works for me, We’ll take that!

Hi, I have been reading the board for years. Very interesting stuff. By the way Pistol Pete didn't play varsity as a Freshmen.
you are right on Pistol not playing Varisty college Ball as a Freshman:
Maravich is the all-time leading NCAA Division I men's scorer with 3,667 points scored and an average of 44.2 points per game. All of his accomplishments were achieved before the adoption of the three-point line and shot clock, and despite being unable to play varsity as a freshman under then-NCAA rules.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
He couldn't play as a freshman. Freshman did gain eligibility till 1972. His So. year was his first year. So the comparison I make was between both players in their first year.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
Just go look at Bizjack's tape from HS. He hasn't shot over 30% from 3 in any year I could find stats at any level (his senior year he's got his points and rebounds, etc but no shooting percentages. He was a ball dominant scoring point in HS put up a lot of points in 6A in Texas.

He's got a really funny shot mechanic--a quick release but it's low and forward. I think against length and athletes he's going to struggle to shoot for any decent percentage.

You desperately needed a proven shooter, and you've got two guys that shot 27% from 3, and another guy who put up 30 attempts. I have no idea what we're doing, but at least that puts me and Kevin in the same bus.

you are right on Pistol not playing Varisty college Ball as a Freshman:

Maravich is the all-time leading NCAA Division I men's scorer with 3,667 points scored and an average of 44.2 points per game. All of his accomplishments were achieved before the adoption of the three-point line and shot clock, and despite being unable to play varsity as a freshman under then-NCAA rules. Wow averaged 44

And speaking of numbers, we could do far worse than a player who scored 2900 points/700 rebounds/ 600 assists in HS. Every situation is different for freshman and playing time. I think this may

Hopefully we catch lightning in the bottle with Finely Bizjack. He definetly looks like he has the Potential, but he did not light it up his freshman year. This is a gamble. Hopefully the gamble is a good one. IMO i think we still need a experienced off guard 4th year or grad with a good avg. Point total and a 35 pct 3pt shooter or better.
He couldn't play as a freshman. Freshman did gain eligibility till 1972. His So. year was his first year. So the comparison I make was between both players in their first year.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

4 pts a game says a lot more than some random guy in Dallas boosting his worth.

So he said .."he might be a modern day Pete Maravich."

anybody old enough to use that reference knows that Pete Maravich didn't get a lot of good press when he played because of his flashy style (he was considered a ball hog and not a team player) everyone thought he played like played like he thought he was on the harlem globetrotters. Behind the legs dribbles and behind the back passes were silly, especially when you're team had a last place record. While Maravich lit up the scoreboard, his teams were notorious losers and he had a reputation for being un-coachable.

Its a weird reference to compare a current player to someone from 50 years ago. Unless you are comparing him to his mystic. saying he might be a "Modern day" Pete Maravich" might not necessarily be a complement. The only thing Pete ever won was scoring titles -

I wouldn't value that opinion as glorifying BIzJacks ability like you think- - unless you are eager to believe he is that good

Last edited:
It all just feels rather mediocre at this point. Sure hope I’m wrong and that there’s a player or two they’ve got waiting to transfer but at this point it doesn’t feel like anywhere near as strong a class as the transfers from last season.

My dad taught military science at LSU during the period Pistol Pete was at LSU, so I am sure he watched him play a lot of times since he received football and basketball tickets to all the games.

Reactions: RebelScrub
These two are better than what we have brought in so far, especially Goodline!

I thought Frankie Fidler was a potential get?
Now he’s got solid stat lines and a good foundational player!

Last edited:
He’s on the roof
Bruhh GIF by reactionseditor

For sure, but if you had Fertitta money?
Fertitta did they already give us a FOOTBALL practice facility? Like i said before i would think NIL would increase significantly if u just invested in a more intriguing (better)HC. Does UNLV expect everything to just fall in their lap and be handed to them?? They would be well into the black in BB if they even had a 2 million plus salary with the right hire. It makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT