ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Kansas Thread

Too bad JM made so many bad errors. UNLV played well enough to have a shot but for those errors even with its Swiss cheese defense. But as the days pass I’m already very happy with the season despite the 3 losses to end it. Looking forward to 2024 boys!! 🏈🏈🏈

That guy was an absolute taint. I hope he gets bodied by one of our players next time.
You mean the guy who put on a gold chain after an INT for the camera only to have the camera stay on him as he took it off 6 seconds later? Total douche move

You mean the guy who put on a gold chain after an INT for the camera only to have the camera stay on him as he took it off 6 seconds later? Total douche move
I mean, if you spent your NIL on a custom 2 diamond and Gold necklace you'd probably keep it with someone on sideline for safety till you to collect after a big play too, lol...

Both Kansas WRs announce they are returning Grimm and Arnold... they're basically bringing back entire offense at this point and good portions of their defense. Won't surprise me if they're top 15 when we head to Lawrence

Both Kansas WRs announce they are returning Grimm and Arnold... they're basically bringing back entire offense at this point and good portions of their defense. Won't surprise me if they're top 15 when we head to Lawrence
Depends, game isn’t confirmed.

If it happens, I hope they’re top 10.

Gotta play them so let them be as highly rated as can be.
When was the last time UNLV played against a team that went to the national Championship if ever? The more effort they make to play top level teams, the better it will be for recruiting. Please no more Bryant type teams!

Reactions: j. spilotro
When was the last time UNLV played against a team that went to the national Championship if ever? The more effort they make to play top level teams, the better it will be for recruiting. Please no more Bryant type teams!
I don't mind an easy, free win early. We do it in basketball with multiple games. Not a fan of multiple, can handle one.

I'd have to think back, "best" teams UNLV played? UM this year, I don't recall if Tennessee was a contender back in the day ... Wisconsin was good but not a contender, I don't think back when BYU was really good that they were a contender....

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don't mind an easy, free win early. We do it in basketball with multiple games. Not a fan of multiple, can handle one.

I'd have to think back, "best" teams UNLV played? UM this year, I don't recall if Tennessee was a contender back in the day ... Wisconsin was good but not a contender, I don't think back when BYU was really good that they were a contender....
Tennesse won in '98 with Tee Martin the year after Peyton graduated. Both Peyton and Tee played that game although Tee didn't play much. "Green Valley Gunslinger" (Dick Calvert's words) Jon Denton was 19-37, 128 yds, 2 INT. Don't eat before you look at the stats. Omar Love 6 rushes, 38 yds, 1 Tackle.

UNLV-Tenn 1996 box score

Closest I can think of was the SMU undefeated season when BYU won and we had Cunningham. SMU was second in voting.

If Alabama can play a directional Alabama every year or Tennessee can beat up Citadel, I think we can be allowed a Bryant...

If Alabama can play a directional Alabama every year or Tennessee can beat up Citadel, I think we can be allowed a Bryant...
The difference is Alabama plays a half dozen ranked teams every year, and they average just short of 100,000 in attendance compared to UNLV averaging around 24K this year and typically playing 1 or two ranked teams at most ever year.

Look at what SJSU did to UNLV, and they played 6th ranked USC and 18th ranked Oregon State as well as 11-3 Toledo (ranked first in the MAC). I will admit they did play a weak Cal Poly (3 of the 4 are good teams).

On the other side UNLV played a weak Bryant, a bad Vanderbilt (2-10), and a bad UTEP (3-9). The one good game was against Michigan (1 of the 4 are good teams).

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT