ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV hosts Kansas Dec. 22

I think we should throw the Kansas players a welcome to Vegas Party on the 21st so that they know they are appreciated. If anyone can get them tickets to some of the local festivities. I would like them to be able to see some of the best DJ's in the world and get in some fine dining. I know they are only here for a short time so we will need to cram in the activities.

4pm - Shoot around

6pm - Dinner at the Cosmo STK.

8pm - Jump from the Stratosphere and zipline down Fremont

10pm - Eat at the Heart Attack Grill ( Heart Attack Burger on the house)

11pm - Sign autographs on Fremont Street and get pictures taken with the "other" celebrities

12pm - Take them shopping to get them some nice clothes for the rest of the night.

1am - I will say start with Cosmo clubs

3am - I think they should try another club if they want and give them a couple of Red Bulls

6am - AYCE Sushi, Robertos, really anything they want to keep their energy up.

10am - Breakfast at the Buffet

11am - Shoot Around

noon - Lunch - I like the Brazilian Barbecue for them. I want them to enjoy the varieties of meat. With Red Bulls.

2pm - Get them a nice massage to loosen the muscles and be ready to play.

4pm - AYCE Sushi for early dinner with Red Bulls

6pm - Head over for pregame work out.

7pm - Game time.

I think we should throw the Kansas players a welcome to Vegas Party on the 21st so that they know they are appreciated. If anyone can get them tickets to some of the local festivities. I would like them to be able to see some of the best DJ's in the world and get in some fine dining. I know they are only here for a short time so we will need to cram in the activities.

4pm - Shoot around

6pm - Dinner at the Cosmo STK.

8pm - Jump from the Stratosphere and zipline down Fremont

10pm - Eat at the Heart Attack Grill ( Heart Attack Burger on the house)

11pm - Sign autographs on Fremont Street and get pictures taken with the "other" celebrities

12pm - Take them shopping to get them some nice clothes for the rest of the night.

1am - I will say start with Cosmo clubs

3am - I think they should try another club if they want and give them a couple of Red Bulls

6am - AYCE Sushi, Robertos, really anything they want to keep their energy up.

10am - Breakfast at the Buffet

11am - Shoot Around

noon - Lunch - I like the Brazilian Barbecue for them. I want them to enjoy the varieties of meat. With Red Bulls.

2pm - Get them a nice massage to loosen the muscles and be ready to play.

4pm - AYCE Sushi for early dinner with Red Bulls

6pm - Head over for pregame work out.

7pm - Game time.

:cool2:[banana][laughing][cheers] This (hopelfully) illustrates the starting 5 for Kansas at 5am game on game day!!!

Shame this game and Duke couldn't get rescheduled. Truth is we would have a better chance to win if Rice was still the coach, he actually won a few big games out of conference.

Shame this game and Duke couldn't get rescheduled. Truth is we would have a better chance to win if Rice was still the coach, he actually won a few big games out of conference.

Credit his recruiting, not his coaching.

Easily the highlight of his stint at UNLV as HC. Oh humble pie was being served in mass quantity at the Orleans that night!

The shoot around was but a small precursor of what was to come - UNC fans hording around the baselines to get close up pictures of their players. RebelLuv and I went to the baseline to get close to our players to share some love and Chase gave us a wink that seemed to indicate he already knew what we were all to soon find out.

The discussions and banter with UNC fans sitting next to us (whom were rather "elder" and quite polite) changed as the game progressed:
1st 10 minutes: Your team looks pretty good. You might be a tournament team.
2nd 10 minutes: Hold your head high after this game. You played with us for the first half when you shouldn't have even been on the same court as us.
3rd 10 minutes: Your team might win this game. What's wrong with us? <confusion setting in>
4th 10 minutes: <stunned silence>

It was nothing short of magical and stands out as one of the top moments in my UNLV fandom memories.

Reactions: manic water
So well put! I was there also; top five moment for sure. So fun with the crowd basically fifty-fifty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT