ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV (1-2) vs West Virginia (2-1) Series Thread

ScoresMan

National Player of the Year
Aug 31, 2008
After an impressive gritty win to open the season at the University of Texas the Rebels were hammered by errors and missed opportunities on the base paths dropping the following two games.

Next up Rebels open things up at home against the Mountaineers from West Virginia who are coming off a series win against Charleston Southern. West Virginia lost their own opener but followed it up with back to back shutouts.

The keys for the Rebels have to be 1.) Finding a way to do a better job hitting with runners on base. 2.) Getting Rebel starting pitchers to go deeper into the game.

Home Series!
Friday 6:05pm
Saturday 2:05pm
Sunday 1:05pm

Last edited:
After an impressive gritty win to open the season at the University of Texas the Rebels were hammered by errors and missed opportunities on the base paths dropping the following two games.

Next up brings the Mountaineers from West Virginia who are coming off a series win against Charleston Southern. West Virginia lost their own opener but followed it up with back to back shutouts.

The keys for the Rebels have to be 1.) Finding a way to do a better job hitting with runners on base. 2.) Getting Rebel starting pitchers to go deeper into the game.

Friday 6:05pm
Saturday 2:05pm
Sunday 1:05pm

Really nothing to add to that assessment. Totally agree.

Off the top of my head, 6 of 9 runs were scored with 2 outs. Really sucks.

Also, we left so many men on base AND starting pitching rocked early.

All of which are opposite of my keys to winning series. Ugh.

Off the top of my head, 6 of 9 runs were scored with 2 outs. Really sucks.

Also, we left so many men on base AND starting pitching rocked early.

All of which are opposite of my keys to winning series. Ugh.

Should have been out of 2nd inning with 0 or 1 run. Guy was out on the bunt.

You are right, Rebs have to start pushing some of these base runners across..Also have to avoid 'big' innings, to many times they get to 2 outs and give up that extra run or two.

@Bullmastiff 1 I was sitting directly lined with the 1B bag so I couldn't see the tag itself but if it was applied when it looked like it was, he was definitely out.

@Bullmastiff 1 I was sitting directly lined with the 1B bag so I couldn't see the tag itself but if it was applied when it looked like it was, he was definitely out.

Yeah it caught the guys arm. West Virginia's starting pitcher's dad was sitting close to us. Understandably he was complaining a lot about the strike zone, but to his credit also said the umps were bad for both sides, namely that call.

What's the velo of our pitchers so far? Bugs me that this broadcast doesn't show pitch speed. This team is really struggling....and although there hasn't been fantastic run support, the pitching has been disappointing thus far. Let's hope it all picks up, but so far it's looked a bit ugly this season.

Reactions: ScoresMan
What's the velo of our pitchers so far? Bugs me that this broadcast doesn't show pitch speed. This team is really struggling....and although there hasn't been fantastic run support, the pitching has been disappointing thus far. Let's hope it all picks up, but so far it's looked a bit ugly this season.

Its been odd. 2-3-4 innings of really good pitching and then bam give up a 3-4-5 run inning. Seem to struggle stopping the big inning.

Reactions: ScoresMan
Nothing against the interim skip now but man we need to inject some life into the coaching staff.

Watching West Virginia be super vocal out there and us be zombies I was annoyed.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Rebels lose again, 9-4 allowing 14 hits and giving up 4 errors in the game.

Now sitting at 1-5 on the season. Outside of an amazing come back we are looking at two sweeps and an 0-6 start.

Rebels lose again, 9-4 allowing 14 hits and giving up 4 errors in the game.

Now sitting at 1-5 on the season. Outside of an amazing come back we are looking at two sweeps and an 0-6 start.

Ughh..

Honestly was hoping a 3-3 or 2-4..

Long season, but this has been a very ugly start.

Really expected more from pitching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT