ADVERTISEMENT

I feel good about tomorrow’s game which scares me

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
1) it’s on the road

2) Air Force is a team that always gives us fits

That being said, we need to establish the run and just pound it. Maybe motion a RB into a slot and do a quasi stretch play with the pass. If we can run the ball it will leave White and de Jesus in man situations. I like White against most DBs in man. If we can’t run, AF can commit 6 to the line and dare is to throw into our zone. Disciplined players like those at AF are hard to get out of position or make mistakes. Also, I think teams bank on their WR athletes beating AF secondary so they don’t even try to run the ball. Being pass-happy plays into their hands. Run run run

Get a quick lead. Make them have to change their offensive sceme. If we can get up by 2-3 scores we walk through them. They can’t overcome leads very well. We need to start fast

Take advantage of turnovers. AF has 10 turnovers the last 2 weeks and has 17 fumbles (7 lost) this season. Probability says they have more fumbles since all they do is run the ball, but win the turnover battle and we walk through them.

Be patient on defense. Wanting to make a play is how AF exploits the edge. Wanting to keep your gap is how you stop AF. That being said. I’d love for a DB to just come off the edge and put a helmet in the sternum of the QB in that first drive. Make sure he’s thinking about that hit and wanting to pitch the ball.

I think we win if we can score 20. I don’t see a shootout. I see an ugly slugfest early that could get ugly for either team if they get down.

Go Rebels!

1) it’s on the road

That being said, we need to establish the run and just pound it. Maybe motion a RB into a slot and do a quasi stretch play with the pass. If we can run the ball it will leave White and de Jesus in man situations. I like White against most DBs in man. If we can’t run, AF can commit 6 to the line and dare is to throw into our zone. Disciplined players like those at AF are hard to get out of position or make mistakes. Also, I think teams bank on their WR athletes beating AF secondary so they don’t even try to run the ball. Being pass-happy plays into their hands. Run run run

Get a quick lead. Make them have to change their offensive sceme. If we can get up by 2-3 scores we walk through them. They can’t overcome leads very well. We need to start fast

Take advantage of turnovers. AF has 10 turnovers the last 2 weeks and has 17 fumbles (7 lost) this season. Probability says they have more fumbles since all they do is run the ball, but win the turnover battle and we walk through them.

Be patient on defense. Wanting to make a play is how AF exploits the edge. Wanting to keep your gap is how you stop AF. That being said. I’d love for a DB to just come off the edge and put a helmet in the sternum of the QB in that first drive. Make sure he’s thinking about that hit and wanting to pitch the ball.

I think we win if we can score 20. I don’t see a shootout. I see an ugly slugfest early that could get ugly for either team if they get down.

Go Rebels!
I feel the same way. It's weird as a Rebel football fan thinking optimistically though, so I haven't yet learned how to manage those expectations 😂

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
If we can get a lead and make them play from behind I like our chances. Their team isn't designed for comebacks. If AF gets a 10 point lead or more we are in trouble. They'll make long clock-eating drives and win.

Last edited:
Our QB makes some clutch accurate throws for a FRESHMAN. NFL throws(not saying "YET" he is NFL) Only going to get better. i cant wait to see him in 2-3 years. Hopefully someone does not try and poach him.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Sure Air Force always gives us fits.

But we haven't "always" had this staff.

This is where having a defensive minded coach helps, methinks. I think we have a good defensive gameplan. We have good speed on defense and I think we can play solid assignment football.

Air Force is tough for anyone to defend, so it will be a challenge for sure. They also defend well, so I also think it will be a slog. First to 20 wins.

Question:

Does the winner of tomorrow's game all but guarantee a seat in the MW championship game?
It will guarantee at least a tie, but not sure if will officially secure a seat,

Our QB makes some clutch accurate throws for a FRESHMAN. NFL throws(not saying "YET" he is NFL) Only going to get better. i cant wait to see him in 2-3 years. Hopefully someone does not try and poach him.
Don’t jinx him. No Rebel has lasted past 3 seasons..

Question:

Does the winner of tomorrow's game all but guarantee a seat in the MW championship game?
It will guarantee at least a tie, but not sure if will officially secure a seat,
Ok I found this, so maybe not:

Obviously only us and AFA control our destiny. Win out and you are in and hosting the champ game.
Our loss to Fresno looms if we were to lose one of these two games, but we would have the tie breaker over whichever team we beat if we are to split the last two games.

Winning tomorrow would be better than only winning against SJSU.

Let's just win both these games to make this easy. K? You hear me UNLV!?!?!

Question:

I don't think it does, but it depends on other games.

Fresno has 2 losses, but finishes with UNM & SDSU. They beat UNLV and Boise and don't play AF
Boise has 2 losses, but finishes with USU and AF. They beat SJSU & lost to Fresno, but didn't play UNLV.
San Jose St has 2 losses. They lost to AFU & Boise, but beat Fresno. They still play UNLV next week.

If we can get a lead and make them play from behind I like our chances. Their team isn't designed for comebacks. If AF gets a 10 pint lead or more we are in trouble. They'll make long clock-eating drives and win.
If they get a 10 Pint lead, they will feel nothing at all!
Simon Pegg Wink GIF by Working Title

1) it’s on the road

Go Rebels!
I see so much about this game that I feel confident about … it’s almost all signs point at UNLV. And that absolutely scares the shit out of me.

How the hell is Wassu vs CU #7 on that list? it probably will be a very entertaining game to watch if that’s the criteria but one team has lost 6 in a row and the other 6 of 7.
Even losing every game since ASU there is still the Prime effect!

How the hell is Wassu vs CU #7 on that list? it probably will be a very entertaining game to watch if that’s the criteria but one team has lost 6 in a row and the other 6 of 7.
Prime. And Colorado is who started the max exodus to the Big 12.

Losing 42-7. on the other side Odom and his staff are going for win #9 Saturday. As for Colorado:
trainwreck GIF
Give me “boring” and results over flash and no results any day of the week.

I know Colorado sucked previously. And he certainly energized them.

But UNLV has sucked for 50 years. It’s an amazing coaching job regardless of the way the season finishes out.

Who would I rather have here? It’s not close.

I still can’t full wrap my head around seeing UNLV in this kind of company. Feels so good that I’m afraid to fully let myself believe.
It’s difficult to believe. UNLV hasn’t been on the brink and then fallen, breaking our hearts. They’ve just been perennially bad. Historic bad. Bad as in the worst program/one of the worst in college football history.

We are used to just being hopelessly bad.

And now we see a decent team that is fluid and competent, they look like an honest to God football team. Moreso than when even Robinson was here.

It is hard to grasp.

1) it’s on the road

Go Rebels!

What stinks about this game is any analysis of it is basically going to be completely cliche filled and those cliches will be 100% accurate.

On defense.

UNLV has to win on first down. If AF is gutting you, especially with inside runs of 4+ yards consistently it can become a long night. Have to keep them at 3rd and 5+.

Air Force's defense has been pretty stout this year but some of that is a result of not being on the field much. Hard for the other team to rack up yards or get in any type of rhythm when they don't have the ball.

Offensively Rebs khave to avoid three and outs. Need to keep defense as fresh as possible.

What stinks about this game is any analysis of it is basically going to be completely cliche filled and those cliches will be 100% accurate.

On defense.

UNLV has to win on first down. If AF is gutting you, especially with inside runs of 4+ yards consistently it can become a long night. Have to keep them at 3rd and 5+.

Air Force's defense has been pretty stout this year but some of that is a result of not being on the field much. Hard for the other team to rack up yards or get in any type of rhythm when they don't have the ball.

Offensively Rebs khave to avoid three and outs. Need to keep defense as fresh as possible.
Boom

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT