ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane & Liberty

220reb

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
I know the MWC Championship comes 1st. However don't forget we could be in line for something very special if Tulane and Liberty don't take care of business.

New Years 6 Bowl opportunities:

The Cotton, Fiesta, and Peach Bowls have no conference tie-ins; as such, the best conference champion from the Group of Five will play in one of those bowls if it does not qualify for the CFP semifinal.

It's a Dream right now but could become Reality. Westcoast teams always play in the Fiesta Bowl.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
We have to hope they both lose to horrible teams as their remaining schedules are weak. It is too bad because I think we would absolutely beat both of those teams on a neutral field.

Reactions: 220reb
I know the MWC Championship comes 1st. However don't forget we could be in line for something very special if Tulane and Liberty don't take care of business.

New Years 6 Bowl opportunities:

The Cotton, Fiesta, and Peach Bowls have no conference tie-ins; as such, the best conference champion from the Group of Five will play in one of those bowls if it does not qualify for the CFP semifinal.

It's a Dream right now but could become Reality. Westcoast teams always play in the Fiesta Bowl.

I'd throw Toledo in that mix as well at 9-1. Schedule has been really soft. Played Illinois tough and did beat SJSU.

Tulane isn’t as good as they were last year but have to beat 6-0 in league UTSA and I assume 6-0 SMU in the American Championship game?

I pay attention to Tulane but don’t really watch I have a couple of good friends that played there one of them was a RB and Matt Forte”s roommate

Look at their schedule every week is a very close game they have won their last 3 games by a combined 7 points.

Tulane isn’t as good as they were last year but have to beat 6-0 in league UTSA and I assume 6-0 SMU in the American Championship game?

I pay attention to Tulane but don’t really watch I have a couple of good friends that played there one of them was a RB and Matt Forte”s roommate

Look at their schedule every week is a very close game they have won their last 3 games by a combined 7 points.
But they are still very good compared to us, their football program has a winning tradition, while we are in the first year of ours.

Tulane has gone to 5 bowl games in the last 10 years, I’d love it if UNLV had that kind of recent winning track record!

We have to hope they both lose to horrible teams as their remaining schedules are weak. It is too bad because I think we would absolutely beat both of those teams on a neutral field.

I have been scoreboard watching and they look like a team ripe for an upset.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Tulane beat Tulsa by 2 points last week. Let's see how their AAC championship game goes vs SMU who is leaving for the ACC.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Tulane beat Tulsa by 2 points last week. Let's see how their AAC championship game goes vs SMU who is leaving for the ACC.
Leaving for a dying conference where they will not even receive any money for about a decade. That is a losing hand for a conference that is falling apart! I wonder how long before SMU, Stanford and Cal are looking for new homes? I would love to get SMU (close enough for the PAC12/MWC merger conference). Stanford would be nice, but I think I would pass on Cal and their far far left liberalism where they even protest against their own football team!

Leaving for a dying conference where they will not even receive any money for about a decade. That is a losing hand for a conference that is falling apart! I wonder how long before SMU, Stanford and Cal are looking for new homes? I would love to get SMU (close enough for the PAC12/MWC merger conference). Stanford would be nice, but I think I would pass on Cal and their far far left liberalism where they even protest against their own football team!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT