ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Skipper

From Football Scoop:
UNLV: Dan Wolken tweets that Tim Skipper is expected to become the next defensive coordinator at UNLV. Skipper spent the past three seasons coaching the linebackers at Florida. We can confirm the hire.
Yup and we have a new safeties coach too. Both are great hires.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
If we assume Skipper is DC/LB and we have a new safeties coach (I have a guess, but not an educated one!), that means the final spot is special teams coach alone, which I like. Give me an experienced guy who has done special teams for a long time and can focus just on that third!

If we assume Skipper is DC/LB and we have a new safeties coach (I have a guess, but not an educated one!), that means the final spot is special teams coach alone, which I like. Give me an experienced guy who has done special teams for a long time and can focus just on that third!

Bobby Hauck!

Do we know what style of Defense Skipper would like to run?

Al Simmons, Burkett adds ST. 10th?
Oh whoa, I totally missed this.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...ormer-new-mexico-assistant-as-safeties-coach/

So if Burkett is RB and SPTMS, I would guess that means Skipper is a more dedicated DC.Even if he's not, that 10th spot will be a guy who will help with LB and SPTMS. If I was guessing, I'd say you won't have to look too far for a candidate to fill the spot.

Let's not forget that there's also three GA spots to fill.

Edit: Just take yourself a minute and look at that list of one-off stops he's got. Short stints, but lots of Pac 12 and NFL on that list. Plus 6 years of Mountain West coaching, so he knows what the road is like in conference. This should be a decent!

Last edited:
....So if Burkett is RB and SPTMS, I would guess that means Skipper is a more dedicated DC.Even if he's not, that 10th spot will be a guy who will help with LB and SPTMS. If I was guessing, I'd say you won't have to look too far for a candidate to fill the spot.....
With the budget limitations and all the other 10th coaching spots at 124 other schools, it's really not that easy. I will say that TS has been working very hard on it.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
With the budget limitations and all the other 10th coaching spots at 124 other schools, it's really not that easy. I will say that TS has been working very hard on it.
I don't doubt that a bit. My guess, like I said, probably won't be looking too far. If it is a distant candidate, I'm excited to find out who it is. We'll see, eh? Can't be too far out now that we find out officially on all spots.

I don't doubt that a bit. My guess, like I said, probably won't be looking too far. If it is a distant candidate, I'm excited to find out who it is. We'll see, eh? Can't be too far out now that we find out officially on all spots.
Maybe but it's tough with all of the traveling Tony is doing. From TN to Oakland to....it's not easy to do all of that and get the right fit for the 10th spot at the same time.

A lot of rumors out there concerning the 10th coach. Kenny is trending. Thoughts?

Tony Sanchez has gone on record as saying the 10th coach will be for the defense. You would think that Tim Skipper would have a major say in selecting the guy, and hopefully he has some more prospects like Al Simmons.

Reactions: mvvsmith
Tony Sanchez has gone on record as saying the 10th coach will be for the defense. You would think that Tim Skipper would have a major say in selecting the guy, and hopefully he has some more prospects like Al Simmons.
Doubt that we have the money for an Al Simmons level hire for the 10th spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT