ADVERTISEMENT

Three years ago....

RebelSoldat

Retired Number
Nov 17, 2012
Virginia
...I posted here and warned that Sanchez would be a failure. No HS has ever been successful at this level, and why would one break that mold in this day and age? I was laughed off the board. Well, here we are three years later and Sanchez is taking this program to even a lower low! I didn't think that was possible. Worst upset in CFB history? Thanks, Sanchez.

Will his money connections save him after this? I hope not.

As you were told multiple times back then, there was nothing to lose by hiring the guy. At least, he brought in some needed funds to the program. He's hired a horrible defensive coordinator who needed to go last year.

As you were told multiple times back then, there was nothing to lose by hiring the guy. At least, he brought in some needed funds to the program. He's hired a horrible defensive coordinator who needed to go last year.

So we sell our program's dignity (what was left of it) for a HS coach? GARBAGE.

What the hell is dignity? We lost to Northern Arizona at home. Southern Utah at home. This is another in the long line of embarrassing losses this program has suffered in the last 5-10 years. They had to inject some excitement into the program, and it looks like Sanchez is just another hype guy. But at least he can raise the funds.

So, 3 1/2 years later, where is this super training facility that helped buy Sanchez the job?
We do have pledges. And a pretty picture of the proposed facility.
And, losing the biggest, by spread, game in history.
We did get ESPN pub for that.

So, here's the question. Which will happen first, a good football team, or groundbreaking for the phantom football facility?

Reactions: Don-F and s89103
What the hell is dignity? We lost to Northern Arizona at home. Southern Utah at home. This is another in the long line of embarrassing losses this program has suffered in the last 5-10 years. They had to inject some excitement into the program, and it looks like Sanchez is just another hype guy. But at least he can raise the funds.

Money doesn't buy everything.

Way back when Sanchez was hired, my understanding was that the Fertita money was pretty much a sure thing if he was hired. At the time, my feeling was that IF the money came through and IF it led to building a top-notch on-campus practice facility (which still remains to be seen), then there was little to no risk in hiring Sanchez.

Operating on the assumption that the facility was going to get done, my thought was that the worst-case scenario was Sanchez couldn't cut it, we continued to suck for his 3-5 years, but when we start looking for a new coach, we have a brand new practice facility and the stadium to sell them on. Now that doesn't mean we'll automatically get the money needed to hire a "top-notch" coach, but it certainly makes the program a lot more attractive to a quality coach.

That game against Howard was embarrassing. There really is a lot riding on the Idaho game. I have a hard time expecting us to come out of there with a win, but things could get really ugly if we come out of that OSU game 0-3, which is the most likely outcome at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT