ADVERTISEMENT

The Walking Rebels

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Last year we were at our best when Elijah was healthy and pushing the ball and making the opposition react to us. Last night we were allowing the other team to set up and we had to react to their defense. No Bueno! I am not sure that we have the right pieces this year to push the pace. Next year (already talking about next year) with Collins that will not be an issue. So what is the solution for this year.

For me it is apparent, sit Coleman as he is a decent backup pg that has no chance of starting next year and put the ball and the game in Hamilton’s hands. While rushing the ball up court like EML may not be his strong suit he does force the defense to react. He needs to be our Lebron, Harden or Westbrook. Either the defense reacts with help defense and he feeds one of the shooters or he gets to the bucket or gets his shot. Just tell him he is the man and you are gonna get 40 & 5 assists or you will get 18 with 12 assists. We were at our best offensively last night when Coleman fouled out and Hammy was bringing the ball up court.

So who will be the complementing pieces? Good question as we didn’t see enough of the young guys last night. Has Otz seen enough in practice to say this is what he is going with? Blake looked good and definitely has the size to create problems for the opposition, Devin had first game freshman issues. Don’t we have a freshman guard that is supposed to be 6’5” and very good defensively? Jenkins has to be better than he was last night or we will be in a lot of trouble. Still want to see Yap stretch the defense with his range.

Gonna reserve judgement on the defense as that is mainly a product of desire and hustle which was in short supply last night. If that doesn’t change we will see a completely different lineup shortly.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Spectacular outlook! I’m sick of working the ball around. Get the ball and go . We need to be more offensive minded.

I can see Coleman is hesitant to do the right thing for some reason vs last year. He have a lot more talents that he can use but he wasn’t doing it. I think we need to starts Jenkins at #1 with Blake, Ham and Grill as a 4 guards line up.

I can see Coleman is hesitant to do the right thing for some reason vs last year. He have a lot more talents that he can use but he wasn’t doing it. I think we need to starts Jenkins at #1 with Blake, Ham and Grill as a 4 guards line up.
This isolation offense will not work because we have a bunch of unathletic players who have not play with each other. This team of players need a system. They’re not athletic, they need to be systematic and crafty. F*cking lost to Montana St by double digits all game long is NOT GOOOD!

Reactions: the Florian Trout
There’s no way we willl beat UNC in one week....in Ashville

I wasn't able to watch it Wednesday, I am a glutton for punishment, was the stream archived anywhere?

Very disappointing to hear what happened. I was excited for this year.

Just a guess. Usually UNLV wins about half of the league games. I'd say a win against EWU , not guaranteed. The last time we played them it went to the wire. That's where I went to college for undergrad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT