ADVERTISEMENT

The portal is portaling

I can see why it is opening soon for academic reasons. Allow kids to get I classes I'm the new school and play spring ball. But eff that, restrict portals until the summer. It I ruining th bowl season and it is already so much to contend with.
It would also slow down the coaching carousel cycle which is a good thing imo.

Are you seriously questioning his ability?

Not even Washington’s defenders could tackle him.
No, I'm just saying he might not be breaking tackles at the line or out racing linebackers in the SEC or Big 10... defenses are much bigger, much faster the closer to the East Coast you go

Maybe, maybe not... MWC defenses aren't exactly stout. He will go elsewhere with expectations but who knows how it'll end

I guess the question is what does the Oline in front of him look like.

He's plenty fast, he's squatty, thickly built, doesn't go down from first contact.

Be tougher to do what he's done vs P5 defenses on a consistent basis but he's pretty damn good.

I think we just call it what it is..

AAA Football, because the pretense of any amateurism is over.
Yep, It's official we are in a feeder conference. I do think once the playoff format starts it will get a little better(one lucky ticket to get your brains beat in by P5 school). Question is, can you have fun being a light heavyweight and once a year, if earned you get a ticket to a tournament of legit heavyweights. Winner takes all. Think Bob Foster in the 70's.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The NIL hit. We have to face him again next season...
Meaning what? They paid him enough to keep him at Boise? Would he have already accepted a NIL deal for next season? Seems like he'd want to wait and compare offers unless it was big $$$

Yep, It's official we are in a feeder conference. I do think once the playoff format starts it will get a little better(one lucky ticket to get your brains beat in by P5 school). Question is, can you have fun being a light heavyweight and once a year, if earned you get a ticket to a tournament of legit heavyweights. Winner takes all. Think Bob Foster in the 70's.

Amazing boxing reference first of all, you know your stuff.

I won't go so far as we are a feeder conference per say.

I think what you will see a lot of is this.

UNLV (or whoever else G5) recruits a guy. Guy blows up sophomore year and then bolts to P4.

On the flipside G4 programs will have a lot of depth guys that don't see enough time on the field look for places they can play.

I initially thought the portal would kill G5 programs but I actually don't think that's the case anymore.

It will kinda even itself out a bit.

How many of these kids are going to freak out when taxes are due?

Or do we gift that too, tax forgiveness for student athletes.
Hoping these kids have been setting some aside for the taxman. What a time to be alive. I should see if some d3 school has the need for a fat Japanese man to play on the line. Might pay more than my job now.

How many of these kids are going to freak out when taxes are due?

Or do we gift that too, tax forgiveness for student athletes.
You know, it's really sad that young people get that type of money and perks. So many of them don't know how to manage their suddenly found wealth. I hope that besides the offers of money they will also take personal financial courses.

You know, it's really sad that young people get that type of money and perks. So many of them don't know how to manage their suddenly found wealth. I hope that besides the offers of money they will also take personal financial courses.
I wish I had that problem

The agent for guys like Jeanty will help pick up the tab!
And that’s something that they can get away with very easily in this climate. You’ll see “investments” with money up front with payback with interest when they make the league. It happened when things were loosely watched, with no eyes now … it’ll be rampant.

Does the IRS even track NIL deals?
100% they do. An NIL deal requires a public entity to pay someone money. You bet the entity is claiming those expenses which means the players better be paying taxes on those gaines, and the totals better match up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT