ADVERTISEMENT

Spoiled by the Transfer portal

We got so many good ones early, and nothing as of late. Shame we couldn't capitalize on any of the turmoil at Alabama or Washington. Maybe we're not quite there yet. Super happy with where we are though right now. Sucks not to see any new ones coming in. I almost made this post yesterday.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Yeah the rush and constant info/commits early leading to a lul now. I feel the same lol, foaming at the mouth to see a Twitter post, a R-Net snippet. But I understand why, so now I am just impatiently waiting until the spring lol. 1st world problems =)

Maybe with a little less pressure in that area needed now, we can start seeing some marketing and NIL fundraising campaigns, that'd be cewl.

We got so many good ones early, and nothing as of late. Shame we couldn't capitalize on any of the turmoil at Alabama or Washington. Maybe we're not quite there yet. Super happy with where we are though right now. Sucks not to see any new ones coming in. I almost made this post yesterday.

The way recruiting works now, being damn near a year round cycle, I think coaches are almost forced to hold on to a couple offers till after Spring. Obviously going to address their needs as much and as early as possible, but less likely to panic and reach knowing another wave of guys are about to be available.

The way recruiting works now, being damn near a year round cycle, I think coaches are almost forced to hold on to a couple offers till after Spring. Obviously going to address their needs as much and as early as possible, but less likely to panic and reach knowing another wave of guys are about to be available.
Agree, need to hold onto a couple … if not, you can still offer and squeeze somebody at the long end of the roster. Ideal? No, I think it’s crappy. But they can leave just as easily as a coach can boot them.

Agree, need to hold onto a couple … if not, you can still offer and squeeze somebody at the long end of the roster. Ideal? No, I think it’s crappy. But they can leave just as easily as a coach can boot them.

Yep..

You can leave whenever you want we can now 'squeeze' you off the roster whenever we want.

Think what you want about Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State, but he basically said, as a coach I can end a season with four eligible returning QBs on roster and enter Spring camp with none.

I am 100% for players getting paid for name image and likeness. I am 100% ok with them getting perks or money for doing a local or national commercials etc.

But we can stop the pretense of amateur athletics now.

And the days of being 'kids' and getting the benefit of the doubt when they screw up are over. You make adult decisions you face adult scrutiny and consequence.

Want to touch on something I said earlier.

I think anybody that goes after players for transferring, dropping a pass or whatever is a scumbag...

Don't do it.

Also as a player be prepared for it, you're in the limelight now. You can't expect to post self agrandizing 'grind' workout videos or your 'final four schools' etc and not expect fallout from scumbags.

Reactions: TimothyC3
I heard a coach the other day say "Its my job to bring in someone better than you. Its your job to make sure that I cant." Or something to that effect. Thats kind of how it works these days.
Heard it many times before but it still is a great quote and VERY true !

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT