ADVERTISEMENT

Tate Martell

Is transferring to UNLV & will have 2 years of eligibility remaining.
Pretty interesting move, especially with CMA stating just this past week that we’re good on QB’s. Is Martell walking on?

Also interesting that we’ll have two former top 100 overall ranked QB’s on the roster (Martell and Rogers).

Reactions: 220reb
He has no choice but to walk on, all the scholarships are already gone. Overall I think it is a good move for him to move back and be with his family with all the jumping around he has done the last couple of years.

The school is founded on giving Second Chances. He's got two years left and whatever football he's got left in him. We are in no position to say no to anyone.

419400901282865152?s=19

If he’s not out QB then he’ll be a good athlete to join our receivers. Plus, how do you not run a fake reverse where he throws to a wide open QB1 streaking down the sideline for a TD?!?!

Announcer: “UNLV takes the early lead on Iowa State, 7-0. Iowa State better hope that UNLV doesn’t run up the score on them too bad.”

I’m mot drinking or smoking anything right now, so you know. Haha

Weird committing now a month before the season starts. He could have been working with the team all summer and competing for the starting job. I can’t see him starting now unless our QB situation is terrible. If he’s willing to play some WR I love it. We could use him.

Weird committing now a month before the season starts. He could have been working with the team all summer and competing for the starting job. I can’t see him starting now unless our QB situation is terrible. If he’s willing to play some WR I love it. We could use him.
This happening right after MWC media days is interesting timing for sure.

I know that Martell has been training non stop this summer. If this had been in the works for a bit, I’m sure he had a hold of CMA’s playbook and was learning up during said training.

Reactions: RebelScrub
This happening right after MWC media days is interesting timing for sure.

I know that Martell has been training non stop this summer. If this had been in the works for a bit, I’m sure he had a hold of CMA’s playbook and was learning up during said training.
We’ve had successive QB’s that can’t complete a 15 yard out … can’t hit a quick slant … can’t make a progression … awful with r/o. I mean, seriously, it’s been pretty much a disaster. I’m not looking for a super stud back there right now. If he can get a handle on some of the basics, that’d be nice, ya know?

Everyone loves to rag on Tate but you have to admit he’s been competing against some elite QB’s in college, maybe it will work out better here.

Last edited:
Our QB situation is terrible. has been for the

Here’s whatever highlights he had at OSU.

mind you, he’s got a line, receivers..you name it at OSU.

here at UNLV, he’ll have none of that

I’m wondering if they might line him up in the backfield. That could cause a lot of trouble for a defense.

He does answer the question that he will be a walk-on for UNLV.

Last edited:
He does answer the question that he will be a walk-on for UNLV.

Great interview! Sounds a lot different from his QB1 days. He's 23 now and it looks like he's a changed man. He said everything you want to hear as a teammate. Really interesting that we could have possibly had 15 guys from Gorman's National Championship team come to UNLV. That could have really changed the Sanchez era.

Great interview! Sounds a lot different from his QB1 days. He's 23 now and it looks like he's a changed man. He said everything you want to hear as a teammate. Really interesting that we could have possibly had 15 guys from Gorman's National Championship team come to UNLV. That could have really changed the Sanchez era.
You're right about that interview. What a difference being a 23 year old guy who's been humbled quite a bit since high school, vs. a 19 year old Hot Stuff high school stud. I really hope things turn out well for both him and UNLV. Seems like it could be a good fit!

You kidding me, this kid is a stud , Really ?
I’m not downplaying his ability, it’s just we haven’t had a really good QB in a long time.

im impressed that we were able to land him.

looking forward to seeing him in a UNLV uniform.

I’m not downplaying his ability, it’s just we haven’t had a really good QB in a long time.

im impressed that we were able to land him.

looking forward to seeing him in a UNLV uniform.

Did he really have any other options ? I'm surprised he didn't go to TCU with CTS.

Coming in as an "Athlete". Will be interesting to see what CMA has in mind for him. If he's willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win as he said in the interview above he'll make an impact this year. If he's dead set on QB he might not see the field until we're 0-5 and the season is already a complete disaster.

It is interesting that he completed almost every pass attempt he made at Ohio State, and still barely had the chance to play. As for the level of receivers at UNLV not being on par with those at Ohio State, it is also true that the defense he will see from other teams in the MWC is also not on par with that against the receivers at Ohio State. If even half this amount of talent is shown at UNLV, he could be a major impact player.

It is interesting that he completed almost every pass attempt he made at Ohio State, and still barely had the chance to play. As for the level of receivers at UNLV not being on par with those at Ohio State, it is also true that the defense he will see from other teams in the MWC is also not on par with that against the receivers at Ohio State. If even half this amount of talent is shown at UNLV, he could be a major impact player.
Good post.

Those highlights was against Rutgers. Rutgers is terrible. They are like UNLV East when it comes to college sports.

You guys realize, we have QB depth at UNLV.

that’s never happened since like Jason Thomas\Kurt Nantkes.

dude,I actually think we are ready to play some games!!!

Reactions: UNLVbro
He can throw the football. He needs to work on his RPO"s. Obviously there's something that Urban Meyer saw or he never would have been at OHST.

I am sure why so many people are ragging on Tate Martell? I have no doubt he came to UNLV for the right reasons, no doubt he had numerous offers from other schools for a full ride instead of as a wall on, and no doubt he will do his best to help the team. What I do find interesting is how many people are calling him a quitter while he was already able to graduate with a bachelor degree before he left U of Miami!

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
I am sure why so many people are ragging on Tate Martell? I have no doubt he came to UNLV for the right reasons, no doubt he had numerous offers from other schools for a full ride instead of as a wall on, and no doubt he will do his best to help the team. What I do find interesting is how many people are calling him a quitter while he was already able to graduate with a bachelor degree before he left U of Miami!

2 High schools
3 colleges
5 commitments to colleges
Suspended at least once

I hope that it works out for him at UNLV, but based on past history I have my doubts.

Reactions: rickyb55
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT