ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice Day 4

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
The battle for the starting cornerback opposite Robert Jackson continues. Tim Hough and Jericho Flowers continue to split reps between the 1st and 2nd team defenses. Another player that seems to be getting a longer look is red shirt freshman Tykenzie Daniels out of Texas. I believe the staff is still considering bringing in a 5th year transfer to add depth and experience to the secondary.

Senior defensive tackle Jason Fao could be poised for a big year. Foa was impressive in 1 v 1 drills and disruptive in 11 on 11 displaying strength and surprising athleticism for a guy that is 6 feet and 310 pounds. One play in particular stood out, where he made a tackle 15 yards down field on a screen pass. The combination of Fao and Mikes Hughes played a big role in Rebels improvement against the run last year.

J'Ondray Sanders looks to have added 25 to 30 pound since last year. Although it appears Sid Acosta is most likely going to be the day one starter at center, Sanders has had a nice Spring. At the very least he has created a competitive atmosphere and given Coach Sanchez solid depth at that position.

The battle for the starting cornerback opposite Robert Jackson continues. Tim Hough and Jericho Flowers continue to split reps between the 1st and 2nd team defenses. Another player that seems to be getting a longer look is red shirt freshman Tykenzie Daniels out of Texas. I believe the staff is still considering bringing in a 5th year transfer to add depth and experience to the secondary.

Senior defensive tackle Jason Fao could be poised for a big year. Foa was impressive in 1 v 1 drills and disruptive in 11 on 11 displaying strength and surprising athleticism for a guy that is 6 feet and 310 pounds. One play in particular stood out, where he made a tackle 15 yards down field on a screen pass. The combination of Fao and Mikes Hughes played a big role in Rebels improvement against the run last year.

J'Ondray Sanders looks to have added 25 to 30 pound since last year. Although it appears Sid Acosta is most likely going to be the day one starter at center, Sanders has had a nice Spring. At the very least he has created a competitive atmosphere and given Coach Sanchez solid depth at that position.
If Sanders sees the field, then we're in trouble. He's just not very good.

If Sanders sees the field, then we're in trouble. He's just not very good.

Actually Coach Sanchez disagrees with you, and said as much on the radio.

Sanders played his first 3 years at or around 260lbs. At 6'5 265 lbs I hate to say a guy was small but he didn't have the needed bulk to play at right tackle. He is up to 290 and has had a good camp. He offers the team flexibilty as he can plug in at center or tackle.

Players can actually improve. Garrison has done a good job with this group.

I received permission from the coaching staff to post photos of the special teams hard at work

Also some video of them in action

• lucy+football.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT