ADVERTISEMENT

So.....

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
I was just perusing the Mountain West Conference web site and I noticed that the last place team this year gets a play in game.

So you're saying there is a chance!

Reactions: UNLVAlumni
I was just perusing the Mountain West Conference web site and I noticed that the last place team this year gets a play in game.

So you're saying there is a chance!
Actually, last 6 teams get a play in game. Safe to say we will fall somewhere in the 6-11 range.

Actually, looks like the UNLV at Air Force game will be HUGE. It'll probably determine 10th and 11th.

Actually, last 6 teams get a play in game. Safe to say we will fall somewhere in the 6-11 range.

Actually, looks like the UNLV at Air Force game will be HUGE. It'll probably determine 10th and 11th.
No one can say we Rebels have lost our sense of humor. We may have lost everything else in sight, but not that. Smile through the tears, Rebels! Our day will come...
happy-elmo-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

With this renewed optimism, who all ran out and bought MWC Tourney package tickets in the lower bowl? :)

I'll wait until game day so I can get front row.
If you wait until game day, you might be able to start at the two-spot. Apologies to Zion Morgan, who deserves better...

It occurs to me that the worst thing that could happen, at this point, would be for the Rebels to go on some outer-body roll, and actually win the MWC Tourney.

Think about it. We would get a 15 or 16-seed, getting matched-up against another Duke-like opponent. Do we really want to be humiliated on the national stage again? I would imagine loads of folks missed the Duke debacle, but opening day of March Madness? Of course, we'd probably get the "play-in game". Nobody watches them, right?

The point being, the sooner this sad season comes to an end, the better. Then we can focus on better things to come...(and baseball!!!...Let's Go Mets!)
im-outta-here-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif
pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go (home) Rebels!

If you wait until game day, you might be able to start at the two-spot. Apologies to Zion Morgan, who deserves better...

It occurs to me that the worst thing that could happen, at this point, would be for the Rebels to go on some outer-body roll, and actually win the MWC Tourney.

Think about it. We would get a 15 or 16-seed, getting matched-up against another Duke-like opponent. Do we really want to be humiliated on the national stage again? I would imagine loads of folks missed the Duke debacle, but opening day of March Madness? Of course, we'd probably get the "play-in game". Nobody watches them, right?

The point being, the sooner this sad season comes to an end, the better. Then we can focus on better things to come...(and baseball!!!...Let's Go Mets!)
im-outta-here-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif
pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go (home) Rebels!
Well, it wouldn't be possible to actually play Duke since the NCAA won't pit two teams who have played one another in OOC against each other in the first round. Tongue in cheek, of course, UNLV vs Cal.

A month ago, I thought maybe there was an outside chance for the Rebels in the MWCT. We have not won a game in the time since I thought we might have a chance. What is it? 6 straight losses, probably 7 coming on Sunday?

We can't beat SJSU. I think UNLV, as a 10 or 11 seed, could win one game. I can't imagine a first round ouster, I don't think it's happened before. Then again, we are setting all sorts of "first time in history" records this year.

A month ago, I thought maybe a chance. Not because UNLV was good but because the MWC is so bad. A month later, UNLV is worse than I originally hoped and the MWC is even worse than I thought. So maybe there's still a chance? If Bomb Hair Salon from Desert Reign was in our league, they'd have a chance, too.

I'm not holding my breath. We need a fast forward button.

Reactions: LVKryptonite
Look at it this way, no other programs can complain that the tournament is in vegas if UNLV isn't even playing in it...
Everyone plays in the MWCT. Last year's exclusion was a one year experiment that was met with backlash.

We will most likely be an 11 or 10 seed and play the 6th or 7th seed on day one.

I don't think it's mattered that it's been in the T & M for about 6 years right lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT