ADVERTISEMENT

SJSU starting lineup

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Reading in the RJ today that the probable starters are the same as the last several games. If we are going man to man I would start Clyburn on Brandon Clarke just to try and stop him from going on a roll early in the game and torching us for 30 pts. Our other wings haven't really showed us any ability to stop anybody yet this year. Also tempted to start Z Morgan as his defense is the best of our guards and he creates a lot more movement in the offense than Poyser although it would be sweet to see him get his touch back. We really miss having someone for Mooring to kick out to right now.

SJSU is not a big team so I would like to see Baxter get some good minutes along with Jones and Dembele and just pound them down low. We have been running a lot of Jones and Dembele down low and coming up to set screens for the guards but it would be nice to see them setting screens for each other down low to create layups and alley oops.

Rebels win going away by 10

Reading in the RJ today that the probable starters are the same as the last several games. If we are going man to man I would start Clyburn on Brandon Clarke just to try and stop him from going on a roll early in the game and torching us for 30 pts. Our other wings haven't really showed us any ability to stop anybody yet this year. Also tempted to start Z Morgan as his defense is the best of our guards and he creates a lot more movement in the offense than Poyser although it would be sweet to see him get his touch back. We really miss having someone for Mooring to kick out to right now.

SJSU is not a big team so I would like to see Baxter get some good minutes along with Jones and Dembele and just pound them down low. We have been running a lot of Jones and Dembele down low and coming up to set screens for the guards but it would be nice to see them setting screens for each other down low to create layups and alley oops.

Rebels win going away by 10

Hopefully The Rebels will have a hefty lead late in the game. But if we’re headed for another buzzer-beater I would expect that the team will execute the Coach’s plan a bit better. I thought he made it very clear, after JoJo launched that bomb at Wyoming, that he was going to spend a good portion of these last few practices driving home his point. He was, to put it mildy...displeased...

Mooring said that he felt his man back-off and block his path, but honestly, who among us doesn’t believe that he knew he was going to launch that shot, the minute he had the ball in his hands. He obviously enjoyed being the hero vs Air Force, and he wanted to do it again. But he’s got to learn to play as part of the team.

I bet we’ll see a more-disciplined JoJo today.

basketball-spinning-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!... (2 Weeks ‘til Spring Training…!)
baseball-catcher-smiley-emoticon.gif

Football, did you say football. Only 2 more weeks. Can't wait to see who we have signed and to get out there and see if it is Armani or someone else. Also to see how the red shirts developed during the year off.

Football, did you say football. Only 2 more weeks. Can't wait to see who we have signed and to get out there and see if it is Armani or someone else. Also to see how the red shirts developed during the year off.

Armani ? Doesn't he make suits?
1d5a.jpg

Go Rebels!...(2 wks 'til Spring Training!)

images

Is anyone else watching the game absolutely annoyed that this commentator is butchering seemingly every name on our roster?? Poysner, Clayburn.....THERE IS NO "N" in Poyser.....THERE IS NO "A" in Clyburn...learn to pronounce the roster names before you commentate a division 1 basketball game, idiot. Ok I'm done now ;-)

Is anyone else watching the game absolutely annoyed that this commentator is butchering seemingly every name on our roster?? Poysner, Clayburn.....THERE IS NO "N" in Poyser.....THERE IS NO "A" in Clyburn...learn to pronounce the roster names before you commentate a division 1 basketball game, idiot. Ok I'm done now ;-)

See game thread...

Reactions: Rod_the_Rebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT