ADVERTISEMENT

Seasons over, so who do you want to see

Doneoett

National Player of the Year
Jun 15, 2015
as the coach next season?
Do you care if the past is shady like Quick Rick or Sean Miller if ousted at Arizona?

as the coach next season?
Do you care if the past is shady like Quick Rick or Sean Miller if ousted at Arizona?

Depends, really. If we want to be a top 60 program, then the best possible coach available. Sounds like there are some good ones in the mix.

If we simply want to be mid level, in a mid-level conference, playing (at best) a mid-level schedule, then let’s get creative. Save the money for coaching salaries, staff, marketing, etc and go old school Pete Rose: let one of the players coach. We’d get more buzz doing that than we have for years.

I joke of course. But I am (almost) more interested in where we want to go than how we are going to get there. The thing that worried me most about the Menzies regime is that we kept setting expectations lower to try to defend performance. MM talked the talk about building something better. Something familiar to rebel fans. But he was actuallly trying to build another NMSU. And he couldn’t even do that.

Wins and losses will come and go. We’ve been through bad stretches before. But the idea that fans-longtime or not-would be ok with fighting for someplace between 150 and 200 was downright terrifying. When UNLV is peers with the likes of Iona or Sam Houston, or, yes, NMSU, what’s the point? Why the fireworks, the billboards, the swag? At least those (erroneously) pining for another Tark can embarrass themselves in private.

Reactions: willlevi
If they stick with Menzies, they will need to take a big loan out to cover the athletic department debt, and they will also need to win a bunch of games before they will be able to get more than a high school size crowd to show up!

It looks like all 5 starters will be returning players next year and It's been a while since that was the case. Menzies has to get next year to prove or disprove that he can win with his guys.

Starters - Hardy, Hamilton, Ntambwe, Juice, Mbacke

Reactions: Knight Rebel702
It looks like all 5 starters will be returning players next year and It's been a while since that was the case. Menzies has to get next year to prove or disprove that he can win with his guys.

Starters - Hardy, Hamilton, Ntambwe, Juice, Mbacke

According to some ESPN Sources it's Official MM is out at UNLV at 2:50pm !!!

Twittersphere is saying Thad Matta will be the next coach. But they also said Pitino and Cronin would be the head coach...so....

If we don't have a can't miss, big time coach waiting in the wings I don't know what to say. If we do then I'll say 'can't wait till basketball season!'.

CDR was Complicit in UNLV Basketball's :flush: !
Rice with administrative support and a wedge between him and three boosters gives the program a better shot.

Menzies with full fan support gives him a much better shot.

This university as a whole ... from fans to coaches to players to boosters to administration, has never been in sync.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT