ADVERTISEMENT

Sanchez contract extension until 2021

I hope TKM learned her lesson and put a big buy out in there if a p5 wants to poach him.
You beat me to it! After we win our division either this year or next $$$$ will come calling for our coach. Personally I am hoping that TKM had nothing to do with this contract negotiation and If a strong buyout clause is not in there then our leaders have screwed up again.

Not sure if we have the money to do that yet, but if not, hope they come up with the money after next year for a boost up if they win big time.

I honestly think he's the right man. Happy to see he'll be able to see his football facility through to the end.
Indeed. Get us the new facilities and the stadium and those 2 Star recruits will start becoming 4 & 3 Star recruits.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Not sure if we have the money to do that yet, but if not, hope they come up with the money after next year for a boost up if they win big time.
HCTS certainly is deserving of an extension. He's injected life into the corpse that was UNLV Football and reinvigorated the loyal fanbase while making fringe fans take notice. I hope that the extension is heavily incentivized, with $$ for bowl qualification/win, win total (10+), attendance, etc. Reaching milestones in things that are important to producing revenue need to be rewarded.

HCTS certainly is deserving of an extension. He's injected life into the corpse that was UNLV Football and reinvigorated the loyal fanbase while making fringe fans take notice. I hope that the extension is heavily incentivized, with $$ for bowl qualification/win, win total (10+), attendance, etc. Reaching milestones in things that are important to producing revenue need to be rewarded.
It is.

Seriously lol. Never will happen.
IF he makes a dent at UNLV, strings together a couple/three above 500 seasons, which is nothing at most schools - he will be attractive to a P5 school since it's something that has never been accomplished at UNLV. If he can achieve something that most schools take for granted but is nothing more than fantasy at UNLV... it's going to show that he's got something special coursing through his veins.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
IF hes a dent at UNLV, strings together a couple/three above 500 seasons, which is nothing at most schools - he will be attractive to a P5 school since it's something that has never been accomplished at UNLV. If he can achieve something that most schools take for granted but is nothing more than fantasy at UNLV... it's going to show that he's got something special coursing through his veins.

INDEED
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...u_RAhXCjZQKHSzAAjYQMwhQKAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8

This was definitely necessary from an image perspective to those throwing money into the program (Fertita's, etc...). Make no mistake, these people are investing in Tony Sanchez as much as they are in UNLV Football, if not more so. This gives the assurance that for all intensive purposes, "their" guy will be there to build, use and benefit from the resources they are pouring into the program.

Coach Sanchez is raising more money than most people ever thought possible for UNLV Football. The buzz around his hiring was the likelihood of the Fertitas (and others) investing some big money into the program, and a lot of people questioned whether that would even happen. Well, in his two years at the helm, the Fertitas have donated $10 million toward a new football facility, which will break ground this Spring. Numerous other significant donations to the program have followed too. My support for Sanchez from day one was mostly related to the promise of that money and a new facility on campus. That facility is long overdue if we are going to make any attempt to be competitive in football.

If Sanchez turns out to be a successful coach and turns around the program, that is just gravy. The jury is still somewhat out, but in my opinion the program is certainly trending in the right direction. This year will tell us a lot and a lot is riding on if Armani Rogers provides the significant upgrade we're hoping for and that we've needed for a long time at the QB position.

If Sanchez turns out not to be "the guy," at least we'll be heading into the next coaching search with an incredible new on-campus practice facility and likely a new stadium being built (Raiders or no Raiders) much closer to campus. If he achieves nothing else, that new football facility alone should be enough to celebrate his tenure. Of course, at that point we'll be at the mercy of whatever yahoo they bring in as AD to find the right coach... at least it won't be TKM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT