ADVERTISEMENT

Sacramento State

Loyal Coug1

All American
Oct 8, 2023
Don't any of you Rebels dare tell Gloria about this or I will be pissed. Let's see if our dipshit Commissioner still knows how to operate a phone.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Don't any of you Rebels dare tell Gloria about this or I will be pissed. Let's see if our dipshit Commissioner still knows how to operate a phone.

I was leaning Sacramento State early on. If Texas State(Big If) is coming to the MWC, we need to grab Sam Houston as well. Then Utep.

If the PAC isn't going after UTSA to motivate Memphis and Tulane, you guys are sunk. The West Coast is bare. You have to go east just to save face. UTSA would be the cheaper of the AAC schools and actually fits geographically for all sports.

I was leaning Sacramento State early on. If Texas State(Big If) is coming to the MWC, we need to grab Sam Houston as well. Then Utep.

If the PAC isn't going after UTSA to motivate Memphis and Tulane, you guys are sunk. The West Coast is bare. You have to go east just to save face. UTSA would be the cheaper of the AAC schools and actually fits geographically for all sports.
We don't have the money to entice UTSA or any AAC team. We already showed that. I suppose we are banking on our poaching lawsuit gaining traction. What a joke. I could maybe see Gloria saying "OK I don't want the time and expense of a lawsuit, we'll bargain down to $40M". I have bills to pay to UNLV and AF.

We don't have the money to entice UTSA or any AAC team. We already showed that. I suppose we are banking on our poaching lawsuit gaining traction. What a joke. I could maybe see Gloria saying "OK I don't want the time and expense of a lawsuit, we'll bargain down to $40M". I have bills to pay to UNLV and AF.
I mean it could be worse. Bringing up a FCS isn't great, neither is a 25k stadium.

They need to withhold some of that NIL money to pay the 5 mil FBS charge, and maybe some for these MW poaching fees, lol.

But I truly think that you stop here, and go back to the AAC teams and try to get them in 3 years to avoid the big fees. I think you could land UTSA and Tulane that way.

They could always get Long Beach State and CSF to start football programs again. Anteaters anyone?!?!?!?
Congrats to Sac State! The Sac12 coming through. Surprised to hear the PAC is dipping into the FCS game. It might be a good add for you guys but the optics are bad. The PAC12 is going to continue to be a running joke for a while.
I don't see how the Pac could look any stupider or more incompetent.

and reagan - GFY! Meant in the nicest way........ :)

I mean it could be worse. Bringing up a FCS isn't great, neither is a 25k stadium.

They need to withhold some of that NIL money to pay the 5 mil FBS charge, and maybe some for these MW poaching fees, lol.

But I truly think that you stop here, and go back to the AAC teams and try to get them in 3 years to avoid the big fees. I think you could land UTSA and Tulane that way.
I don't disagree at all. And yes 25K is a little small. But bigger than any of the Montana or Dakota schools which are being thrown around. Even the true village idiot on my board (not me) is bringing up the Dakotas as candidates.

Dakotas make no sense. Tiny markets, probably not near ready for the transition. They are good for FCS, that usually doesn't mean they will good for FBS. They are much better than Sac St. though.

If the POS7 get ANYONE other than an AAC Texas school, their media package will be less than the AAC and they can kiss their delusional aspirations of Memphis, Tulane and USF goodbye forever.

If they add Gonzaga and St Mary's for basketball only. They may get a few dollars more than the AAC. But, nothing to warrant the added travel expenses for those teams.

The POS7 have to be pretty bummed out right now.

They SERIOUSLY needed UNLV and that makes me feel all warm inside.

What an absolute sh*t show of a Commissioner. I'm sure the arrogance and egos from SDSU and BSU didn't help her cause.

I wonder… With UNLV Pres as the Chair of the MWC, whether that played a role in the traitorous 4 not including UNLV in the secret convos? Too big of a risk to pull UNLV into the scheme??

I wonder… With UNLV Pres as the Chair of the MWC, whether that played a role in the traitorous 4 not including UNLV in the secret convos? Too big of a risk to pull UNLV into the scheme??
I didn't realize Whitfield was the Chair. Huh...

Probably a good idea to exclude him in that case

So @Loyal Coug1 how are you feeling about adding Gonzaga? Im guessing they're coming in at a full media share for 1 sport...
I am not a fan of this at all. I see that our agreement let's them (all schools I assume) keep half of their future NCAA BB units, as opposed to the Pac-12 which split them equally. Part of the reason for our war chest. I wonder what will happen to Gonzaga's WCC-earned units? Must be a 6-year shit ton, and they have 2 more seasons to add to it. $5 sez they already have a similar cherry deal with the WCC.

And if Gonzaga gets to share in our FB media rights, that will be a travesty. "Oh you can keep half of your BB money, but share equally in our FB money". WTF if true. And a part of their "value" are their high profile OOC games, for which they will keep all the revenues.

So yeah, not a fan. We'll see how it plays out.

That is funny. Gonzaga gets half of their basketball money plus a portion of the football money from every other team without even having a football program. If I was one of the former MWC teams, I would be rethinking whether I was being screwed over?
Not only that but Memphis/AAC schools just doubled their ask + full voting rights.

That is funny. Gonzaga gets half of their basketball money plus a portion of the football money from every other team without even having a football program. If I was one of the former MWC teams, I would be rethinking whether I was being screwed over?
All 5 should pull their pants back up if true.

Hell yes. Who the F else are we going to offer? $35M in NIL? WSU is currently conducting a $500K NIL fundraising effort. Of course the first reply to my post on my board? "Sac St. would look great in the MW."
I apologize for mocking Sac State. Sac State looks like a damn 5 star hotel compared to Tarleton State.

Suddenly I’m hoping the MWC gets Sac State.

I apologize for mocking Sac State. Sac State looks like a damn 5 star hotel compared to Tarleton State.

Suddenly I’m hoping the MWC gets Sac State.
More Sac State news. With the Pac "pausing expansion efforts to evaluate their media deal", and hearing nothing but crickets on the Pac side about any interest, my $5 is on Gloria and the MW swooping in and snagging them from under our noses. Note that the Kings announcement says "Pac-12 or other FBS conferences".

More Sac State news. With the Pac "pausing expansion efforts to evaluate their media deal", and hearing nothing but crickets on the Pac side about any interest, my $5 is on Gloria and the MW swooping in and snagging them from under our noses. Note that the Kings announcement says "Pac-12 or other FBS conferences".

Now. Do it now..

I'm being serious I wonder if all is good in PAC land. Maybe some buyers remorse going on after no Memphis and Co and then only landing USU and not UNLV?

This just enforces how bad the leadership was/is in the PAC! It was a no brainer to just merge. Also, OSU and WSU would be able to keep all their money ($250 mill) under that scenario. Add as a condition, a specific infrastructure improvements timeline and a mandatory $60 million athletic budget. Done! If the requirements are not met within 3-5 years, you lose conference affiliation. Easy!

Last edited:
Good news for the Sacramento Arena rental plan. Hopefully it is temporary and they build their own. Going from 1k seats to 17k seats is quite the jump.

I think they only averaged 600 people a game last year. How many more Sacramentans would come if they played in the new NBA downtown arena? I imagine Gonzaga and SDSU would draw decent numbers but the rest?

If they go MWC I’d go to SAC to see UNLV at the Golden 1 Center but not the High School gym they’re in right now.

SAC State putting out some renderings of the new football stadium. Looks like a nice little 25k seat place. Better than what some of the current MWC schools have.

SAC State putting out some renderings of the new football stadium. Looks like a nice little 25k seat place. Better than what some of the current MWC schools have.

Somewhat unrelated. If twitter and fan reaction meant anything NDSU fans seem in favor of making the jump to MWC.

Also I would rather have SAC State than NMSU.

NMSU and UTEP are basically the same TV market. Like 50 miles apart.

This just enforces how bad the leadership was/is in the PAC! It was a no brainer to just merge. Also, OSU and WSU would be able to keep all their money ($250 mill) under that scenario. Add as a condition, a specific infrastructure improvements timeline and a mandatory $60 million athletic budget. Done! If the requirements are not met within 3-5 years, you lose conference affiliation. Easy!

Not to mention they own all the PAC12 media equipment Coukd have parlayed that into new PAC whatever network, reduced costs to cover games with media partners etc.

I still think they come out 'on top' with better overall conference and media deal but not to the degree they initially thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT