ADVERTISEMENT

Report - UNLV has plan in place

Rebel_Westgate

Walk On
Jan 9, 2016
Well bad news and good news continues to flow. Been very busy in and out of the community. I was at the press confeence spoke to many people and some were very upset with the process that took place. How could that be? I was told by sources and those very close to UNLV that everything they were doing was great. Well things changed due to some major changes in those who directed the search. UNLV has learned how they will be in running the department as major changes are on the way. New conference, stadium, professional partners are coming, and those supporters and community officials with UNLV officials all have to work together.

My source told me everything is very excited about the future of UNLV athletics.

If Beard leaves which we are all waiting for the official release. However he has told Texas Tech yes but nothing has been made official. Been told that Beard may have to find a way for Tech to make 2 buyouts. (1) ArkansasLR and the other here at UNLV. More details will follow.

Will Beard change his mind? Was told that UNLV new something was going on late lats week when it was tipped that Tubby Smith made contact to Beard about a possible opening. Beard didn't make any moves at UNLV due to this reason.

Its not official and things might fall apart but Beard is apparently wanting the Tech job.

UNLV will have a plan and it looks like they would announce the hiring immediately Do not know the coach but was told a large number of the officials have agreed over a meeting yesterday and also will make department changes after summer.

Things have to be the best at UNLV from now on with all the new additions happening at UNLV. They know it and it will get done.

I was given an indication that UNLV would not make the splash hire due to some issues and Pitino falling out. The other coach next to Beard during the last process did not accept the deal or decline. So UNLV might actually use this down time to get a deal done with the head coach.

Stay tuned

I knew you could fill me with a bunch of spin that would make me feel better. Thank you Westgate, Thank you.

WE-Have-A-Plan-Mat-500x500.jpg

Reactions: BrianGregory
Beard said yes but might change his mind? Oh please... How are you guys eating this garbage up? Basically however this ends Westgate's "sources" was right.

a reliable source has confirmed that samuel l jackson has already turned down an offer, however brian dennehy and whoopi goldberg are set to interview over the weekend. coach whoopi's experience with the new york knicks will undoubtedly bring in top tier recruits.

Reactions: Doneoett
LOL Coach Jackson, that would be awesome. "Take a possession off, I dare you, I double dare you mother f*#ker, take one more G*d D@mned possession off!"

I would be thrilled if Karl was brought in to salvage the program.

I don't know, Karl was beyond awful in his past 2 years of "coaching", clearly didn't give a damn and didn't even try to organize a plan or strategy that had a chance of working over there. Also doesn't look healthy at all; I think his best years are far behind him.

Just the mention of guys like Karl and especially Augmon and Lavin make me sad... but at this point, if Beard does indeed leave, and after the recent BOR Clown Show. We are officially an enormous national embarrassment and would be lucky to attract "coaches" of this calibur.

It is literally unbelievable at this point. Hopefully this is the nadir and things won't get any lower.

at this point if Beard leaves, I agree with the earlier poster who said hire Whoppi Goldberg. F it, why not?

reliable source now confirming that hologram rick pitino is showing heavy interest in the job. tina turner findlay is said to be very interested in the potential of not only hiring one of the best in the game, but also putting unlv at the forefront of technological advancement in north american higher education. this could be the game changer we were all expecting back in january guys.

My source told me this evening that Chris Beard was having second thoughts about signing with Texas Tech and is flying back to Las Vegas at 3:14am to discuss a possible return to UNLV. He said something about a players dog was calling him home. I have to go to Del Taco though, so I'll have more info afterwards, stay tuned.

A few nights ago took the wife and mother-in-law to the Circus Circus buffet. Excellent chicken wings there, by the way, though I strongly recommend avoiding the pasta salad, trust me.

Anyway, wouldn't you know, sitting next to us were a few VERY important people with inside connections to the UNLV basketball program. I can't reveal these sources, but I will say that one of them was a female and neither looked particularly competent. Anyway, the two insiders were mapping out a detailed strategic plan which UNLV will embark on through the next several months and beyond.

This conversation can absolutely be CONFIRMED by my mother-in-law, who was also eavesdropping. The wife didn't look that interested, though.

The next day, as a probable result of that pasta salad I mentioned, I had to have my toilet looked at. It was my lucky day; the repairman just happened to be the second cousin, thrice removed, of a certain VERY important and influential UNLV booster. I can't reveal just who this is, but let's just say he's a tall man and in the automobile business. Anyway, my source was washing this booster's car last weekend, and he revealed to me that the big-time booster was outside with a well-known assistant basketball coach, who has worked in several P5 conferences before, trying to recruit him to join the staff of Marvelous Marv.

Darn it, I have to go take another dump right now. But I will be meeting in the coming days with several more people with close, intimate ties to the UNLV program. BIG things are happening, my friends, and I will be back soon with more juicy tidbits...... STAY TUNED......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT