ADVERTISEMENT

News Rebels enter spring football with greater depth

Way too light, good to see Belton didn't take the winter off. Saxelid has developed more in a winter than he did two years under Hauck. I expect Saxelid will be north of 300 by the fall. Good to see Polu is developing. I suspect he'll be backing up Saxelid at left tackle.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Way too light, good to see Belton didn't take the winter off. I expect Saxelid will be north of 300 by the fall. Good to see Polu is developing. I suspect he'll be backing up Saxelid at left tackle.

Just going off what I saw last spring, I am not sure Polu has the feet to play left tackle. Maybe RT tackle or guard. That could change obviously and be improved.

Definitely one of the players I am going to watch this spring.

Reactions: RebelinWA
I'm glad CTS got "coached up" about letting redshirts keep the redshirts. He needs to build this roster for the future and he was wise to do so last year despite us all wanting him to burn it at the QB position.

Good to see our O-line adding some bulk. We need that and competition on the two lines really bad.

I'm glad CTS got "coached up" about letting redshirts keep the redshirts. He needs to build this roster for the future and he was wise to do so last year despite us all wanting him to burn it at the QB position.

Good to see our O-line adding some bulk. We need that and competition on the two lines really bad.

We talked about this before but the nature of Deckers injuries made that decision a little easier for him. If Blake would have been out 4+ games in a row maybe he goes to Sneed. With the 'game time decision' nature of the injuries it never made sense to burn the red shirt for 1 or 2 games.

I thought it was the right call not to pull the red shirt.

Zach Spiker would agree...[banana]

We talked about this before but the nature of Deckers injuries made that decision a little easier for him. If Blake would have been out 4+ games in a row maybe he goes to Sneed. With the 'game time decision' nature of the injuries it never made sense to burn the red shirt for 1 or 2 games.

I thought it was the right call not to pull the red shirt.

Zach Spiker would agree...[banana]
You're pushing it...

Wouldn't mind having the likes of Amari Cooper and Trevor Pryce on the roster. No sir, not at all.

It was posted above, the weights of our OL last year. Seems like part of the issue was there was so little depth, that the starters played a lot of reps and found it hard to keep the weight on. With better depth and a more agreeable rotation, hopefully those weights can stay up.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT