ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hypocrisy in politics

Anytime you see a major crisis proclaimed, you should say hmmmmm … who benefits from the crisis? Who pays?

The global warming, ooops, it’s not warming significantly, let’s call it climate change and blame life critical CO2 levels (which are actually low historically, almost too low) for “heating” the earth when rising CO2 levels actually lag behind temperature rises … let’s move away from oil which is part of a natural process …

It’s a major sham. Unless you follow the enemy for your truths, MSM.

SO many brains are dead, MSM is their mind virus.
CNN and Yahoo are just as bad if not even worse!

Reactions: j. spilotro
Still don’t trust any of what went down with the assassination attempt. Doesn’t pass any smell test whatsoever. The deception can be from any of a number of different angles. I don’t know who is pulling what, but forget transparency and actual truths.
Absolutely. Either the SS and local police was completely inept, or it was somehow a coordinated event. Either way is bad. The head of the SS making the comment about the roof being sloped is ridiculous. She should be fired for that comment alone. There are others saying that the SS had snipers located inside the building that the shooter was shooting on top of, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed or not. Regardless, there should be no way that any person can get within 1/4 mile (or more) of a location where a presidential candidate is at with a rifle and a ladder.

Oh, and supposedly the kids parents called the police not too long before the rally saying that their son was missing, and their gun was taken as well.

Reactions: bcvegaspt2
Absolutely. Either the SS and local police was completely inept, or it was somehow a coordinated event. Either way is bad. The head of the SS making the comment about the roof being sloped is ridiculous. She should be fired for that comment alone. There are others saying that the SS had snipers located inside the building that the shooter was shooting on top of, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed or not. Regardless, there should be no way that any person can get within 1/4 mile (or more) of a location where a presidential candidate is at with a rifle and a ladder.

Oh, and supposedly the kids parents called the police not too long before the rally saying that their son was missing, and their gun was taken as well.
The ineptness was so over the top … almost makes it seem if a coordinated attempt with a failure was a possibility, too, to gain momentum. Admittedly, that’s difficult, I wouldn’t trust somebody to hit just the tip of my ear.

I’m just saying nothing adds up and when we are at that point, the potential possibilities seem endless.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The ineptness was so over the top … almost makes it seem if a coordinated attempt with a failure was a possibility, too, to gain momentum. Admittedly, that’s difficult, I wouldn’t trust somebody to hit just the tip of my ear.

I’m just saying nothing adds up and when we are at that point, the potential possibilities seem endless.
Yeah, you're right about it. Just doesnt pass the smell test either way you look at it. And we probably wont ever find out the truth.

yeah, there's no way that someone would be that good of a shot to trust with just hitting your ear, while you're talking and moving around. It was literally 1/2" away from a head shot. At that range, the wind could easily push it that far.

I've seen people saying the whole thing was a set up by Trump, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't see any way that he (or anyone) would take a risk like that. Risk/reward doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Still don’t trust any of what went down with the assassination attempt. Doesn’t pass any smell test whatsoever.
Lots of conflicting information I’ve heard including:

-secret service was in building
-local pd was in building
-it wasn’t secret service’s area of responsibility
- local pd had the building secured
-secret service wasn’t authorized to engage
-it was too dangerous to occupy the shooter’s position in the roof
- counter snipers had him zoned for a few minutes
-it took time to find him once shots fired.
-shooter set up a bomb
-shooter had no knowledge of how to rig a bomb
-shooter never searched the how to

I don’t know whats right or wrong. All of the above I have heard from mainstream media. I work for mainstream media, and I haven’t trusted mainstream media in a more than a decade.

Lots of conflicting information I’ve heard including:

-secret service was in building
-local pd was in building
-it wasn’t secret service’s area of responsibility
- local pd had the building secured
-secret service wasn’t authorized to engage
-it was too dangerous to occupy the shooter’s position in the roof
- counter snipers had him zoned for a few minutes
-it took time to find him once shots fired.
-shooter set up a bomb
-shooter had no knowledge of how to rig a bomb
-shooter never searched the how to

I don’t know whats right or wrong. All of the above I have heard from mainstream media. I work for mainstream media, and I haven’t trusted mainstream media in a more than a decade.
Yep. Lots of questions at this point. Even with the size of the ladder. Reports say he bought a 6' step ladder and transported it, and his rifle, in a small car (I forget the make, but like a Hyundai or something similar). Meanwhile, the images seem to show a taller ladder, around 10' that was used. I don't think a 5' or a 10' ladder would fit in a small car. Even if it was on top, would SS and police not be aware of someone pulling up adjacent to the rally with a ladder and a rifle? Or did he somehow carry those items undetected to the building? All of these things don't add up. Again, back to either inept, or planned.

Yep. Lots of questions at this point. Even with the size of the ladder. Reports say he bought a 6' step ladder and transported it, and his rifle, in a small car (I forget the make, but like a Hyundai or something similar). Meanwhile, the images seem to show a taller ladder, around 10' that was used. I don't think a 5' or a 10' ladder would fit in a small car. Even if it was on top, would SS and police not be aware of someone pulling up adjacent to the rally with a ladder and a rifle? Or did he somehow carry those items undetected to the building? All of these things don't add up. Again, back to either inept, or planned.
There had to be a second person, or someone on the inside. Local PD just let him make multiple trips into a secured zone? Why weren’t roads locked down? It wasn’t flagged as suspicious for guy’s sub compact to have a 10 foot ladder safety wired to the roof?

This has more conspiracy potential than JFK’s assassination.

yeah, there's no way that someone would be that good of a shot to trust with just hitting your ear, while you're talking and moving around. It was literally 1/2" away from a head shot. At that range, the wind could easily push it that far.

I've seen people saying the whole thing was a set up by Trump, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't see any way that he (or anyone) would take a risk like that. Risk/reward doesn't make sense.
Those who said it was set up by Trump are the same morons that will continue to deny everything, call President Trump an evil racist, call all conservatives nazis, and call President Biden the greatest President ever.

CNN and Yahoo are just as bad if not even worse!
There’s video of the shooter climbing a latter.l the latrer

Also video of the shooter in a black rock commercial.

If you are crazy, you’re gonna do something stupid like drive an hour to go shoot at the president.
There had to be a second person, or someone on the inside. Local PD just let him make multiple trips into a secured zone? Why weren’t roads locked down? It wasn’t flagged as suspicious for guy’s sub compact to have a 10 foot ladder safety wired to the roof?

This has more conspiracy potential than JFK’s assassination.
look at the layout of the field. Easy to just lay your gun down in a field..army crawl your way, set up shop.

There’s video of him climbing the ladder.

What a f’n mess. Did you see those female CIA officers fumbling their guns.

There’s video of the shooter climbing a latter.l the latrer

Also video of the shooter in a black rock commercial.

If you are crazy, you’re gonna do something stupid like drive an hour to go shoot at the president.

look at the layout of the field. Easy to just lay your gun down in a field..army crawl your way, set up shop.

There’s video of him climbing the ladder.

What a f’n mess. Did you see those female CIA officers fumbling their guns.
Credit to the skinny guy. I’ve never low crawled while dragging a ladder, but its definitely doable. There had to have been some amount of prep work and staging that went into this.

The whole response by those agents showed a lack of training, preparation, and awareness.

Those who said it was set up by Trump are the same morons that will continue to deny everything, call President Trump an evil racist, call all conservatives nazis, and call President Biden the greatest President ever.
I agree with that only because the risk would be too high. But… at the same time … he’s crazy enough to have something like this pulled off for his benefit.

I just don’t trust politicians. Biden had his chance; we are worse off in every measurable metric. Worst president in my lifetime, he makes Carter look like a god.

When something is this fishy, like Covid was … senses fire off red hot. You might not know exactly what’s wrong, but you know there’s a shit ton of lying going on (lying, not honest mistakes).

Credit to the skinny guy. I’ve never low crawled while dragging a ladder, but its definitely doable. There had to have been some amount of prep work and staging that went into this.

The whole response by those agents showed a lack of training, preparation, and awareness.
In the vietnam war, a guy wrote a book how he had to army crawl his way through mud, set up his kill shot to kill a viet cong person..

And then army crawl his way outta there while Cong were looking everywhere for him

Different times.

Reactions: RebelinWA
In the vietnam war, a guy wrote a book how he had to army crawl his way through mud, set up his kill shot to kill a viet cong person..

And then army crawl his way outta there while Cong were looking everywhere for him

Different times.
I get low crawling in difficult terrain. I’ve done it. I’ve just never tried it with a 5-10 foot ladder.

So youre saying there was a verbal threat, a visual threat, and they still let him walk out to the X as Bongino says... and youre telling me that the SS Director hasnt resigned yet?
yup-ryan-reynolds-a2b6asvf7j7vc6j1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt2
So youre saying there was a verbal threat, a visual threat, and they still let him walk out to the X as Bongino says... and youre telling me that the SS Director hasnt resigned yet?
They want us to believe it was a lone wolf thing, like with LHO. They know people are stupid and will buy it. Look how long the general consensus was that LHO acted alone. When I was young I thought it was stupid. But I didn’t think it’d be our own government taking him out. When something big happens, our gov is controlling the outcome in some way, imo. Big things don’t happen randomly/by chance all that often.

We are as nasty as any government in the world and we’ve been that way forever.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
According to this report, the Secret Service identified the shooter as a character of suspicion over an hour before the rally started, because he had a range finder and a backpack while walking around in the rally vicinity.

About 10 minutes prior to Trump taking stage, they went from him being a suspect to him being a threat. Yet, they still allowed him to go on stage.

Comedians and their stupid jokes.

The TDS is strong with these Hollywood elites.

I get that this was a joke. But you gotta be careful with what you say.

Tenacious D..wut a f’n joke. Their tour has been cancelled.

I don’t know. Everyone is being cancelled now in the other direction. I get that “turnabout is foul play” and all that.

But I still side with free speech. If you’re pissed they missed, you should be able to say so. I think it’s crass, bad karma, etc, to hope for such things … but aside from obvious things that cross the line, you should be able to say what you feel.

When speech is free, you don’t get to pick and choose.

And trust me, going back many years, just on this site, some wanted full control of what people were allowed to say (but this could be bad for the the staff … there are much better ways to say a kid isn’t good … lie to everyone and tell them the schedule is better than it seems … I wouldn’t say the team sucks, there are a million reasons why they’ve struggled, I’d like to moderate the site and control what’s allowed, etc). And there’s never a good reason to control people’s thoughts and what they can say, especially since there are mechanisms for you not to hear what they say. Freedom of speech, freedom to not listen.

But you’re right, the level of derangement is insanely high. I can’t believe one guy mentally crippled so many.

I don’t get it. I mean, I despise Fauci and Maxson with an absolute passion, but it’s not going to keep me awake, it’s not going to hit my mind every 10 minutes, it’s not going to rule my life.

I don’t know. Everyone is being cancelled now in the other direction. I get that “turnabout is foul play” and all that.

But I still side with free speech. If you’re pissed they missed, you should be able to say so. I think it’s crass, bad karma, etc, to hope for such things … but aside from obvious things that cross the line, you should be able to say what you feel.

And trust me, going back many years, just on this site, some wanted full control of what people were allowed to say (but this could be bad for the the staff … there are much better ways to say a kid isn’t good … lie to everyone and tell them the schedule is better than it seems … I wouldn’t say the team sucks, there are a million reasons why they’ve struggled, I’d like to moderate the site and control what’s allowed, etc). And there’s never a good reason to control people’s thoughts and what they can say, especially since there are mechanisms for you not to hear what they say. Freedom of speech, freedom to not listen.
Wrong;

You do get to pick and choose. This is a free country, which gives us the right to protest against those who cheer on the attempted assassination of President Trump. People also have free speech to make jokes in regards to pedophilia, rape, kidnapping, or an assassination attempt on a liberal leader, etc... but without a doubt there is a line that you do not cross or it should destroy their careers, so why should the same not be said in regards to their jokes in regards to the attempted assassination of President Trump? Do you think people would act the same if the assassination attempt was on Obama or Biden, or do you think they would be in the streets rioting and attacking conservatives? They have the freedom to make scumbag jokes, and we have the right to do our best to put them out of business or out of a job.

Reactions: rebelfan1969
Wrong;

You do get to pick and choose. This is a free country, which gives us the right to protest against those who cheer on the attempted assassination of President Trump. People also free speech to make jokes pedophilia, rape, kidnapping, etc... but without a doubt it would destroy their careers, so why should the same be said in regards to their jokes in regards to the attempted assassination of President Trump? Do you think people would act the same if the assassination attempt was on Obama or Biden, or do you think they would be in the streets rioting and attacking conservatives? They have the freedom to make scumbag jokes, and we have the right to do our best to put them out of business or out of a job.
No, it goes back and forth. But free for me and not thee doesn’t fly well with me.

If Trump was assassinated and you were happy, even though it’s in and taste, imo, you should be able to say it. If Biden dies of Covid, again, bad taste to say you’re happy, but you should be free to state it.

And if you do state it, yes, opposition should be able to lash back.

But cancelling and ruining people’s lives, that’s over the line to me. Yeah, yeah, I agree, the lefties started it very heavily and relentlessly. It wasn’t right then, I don’t think it’s right now.

I guess for me it comes down to not telling others what they can/should do … it just sucks that decency has died because that in itself kept people in check for the most part.

What would set off a guy to go and kill a president.

The more we know about the killer…through his classmates.

No, it goes back and forth. But free for me and not thee doesn’t fly well with me.

If Trump was assassinated and you were happy, even though it’s in and taste, imo, you should be able to say it. If Biden dies of Covid, again, bad taste to say you’re happy, but you should be free to state it.

And if you do state it, yes, opposition should be able to lash back.

But cancelling and ruining people’s lives, that’s over the line to me. Yeah, yeah, I agree, the lefties started it very heavily and relentlessly. It wasn’t right then, I don’t think it’s right now.

I guess for me it comes down to not telling others what they can/should do … it just sucks that decency has died because that in itself kept people in check for the most part.
Tenacious D sucks..

Jack Black threw his buddy under the bus. Should have said “ I apologize if this was in bad taste..but it was just a joke”

Instead he cancelled the rest of his tour…and his musician friend is back to obscurity.

Who’s laughing now wonder boy?

Wrong;

You do get to pick and choose. This is a free country, which gives us the right to protest against those who cheer on the attempted assassination of President Trump. People also have free speech to make jokes in regards to pedophilia, rape, kidnapping, or an assassination attempt on a liberal leader, etc... but without a doubt there is a line that you do not cross or it should destroy their careers, so why should the same not be said in regards to their jokes in regards to the attempted assassination of President Trump? Do you think people would act the same if the assassination attempt was on Obama or Biden, or do you think they would be in the streets rioting and attacking conservatives? They have the freedom to make scumbag jokes, and we have the right to do our best to put them out of business or out of a job.
As long as you are ok with that when the opposite occurs. Can't complain about cancel culture if someone conservative is canceled from a campus speech because liberals there don't like what he has to say etc. Technically free speech protects you from government censorship only. But I am also firmly against the left wing cancel culture which apparently the right is now on board with as well.

What would set off a guy to go and kill a president.

The more we know about the killer…through his classmates.
Where did this attitude come from? In my opinion this came 100% due to the democratic party leaders, social media and networks that would openly attack and say whatever they wanted about President Trump for years telling the world how evil a person he is and laying the blame for everything bad on him while never saying anything positive. I lay the death of this kid and the attempted assassination 100% at the feet of those who painted a picture of President Trump that this kid believed hook, line and sinker.

As long as you are ok with that when the opposite occurs. Can't complain about cancel culture if someone conservative is canceled from a campus speech because liberals there don't like what he has to say etc. Technically free speech protects you from government censorship only. But I am also firmly against the left wing cancel culture which apparently the right is now on board with as well.
As long as that campus isn't spending any tax dollars. Your own comment "free speech protects you from government censorship only" makes my point that governmental employees or those spending tax money to the benefit of their campus, do not have the right to censor free speech.

As long as that campus isn't spending any tax dollars. Your own comment "free speech protects you from government censorship only" makes my point that governmental employees or those spending tax money to the benefit of their campus, do not have the right to censor free speech.
Yep and if a TV show decides to fire someone who said they like Trump then you can't complain.

Yep and if a TV show decides to fire someone who said they like Trump then you can't complain.
You obviously have not watched what has been going on for decades in Hollywood in regards to anyone that comes out conservative, so your comment really doesn't make any sense at all since a backlash against conservatives has been going on for as long back as I can remember!

I can easily name dozens of actors and actresses who have been blackballed by Hollywood over the last decade, so that is nothing new at all. Go and ask UNLV graduate Gina Carano what she thought of The Mandalorian for firing her based on her support of President Trump.

While ABC states they did not get rid of Tim Allen due to his support of President Trump, they cancelled Last Man Standing even while the show had good ratings. It was cancelled by far left leaning Channing Dungey and replaced by Once Upon A Time in 2017/2018. Funny how Once Upon A Time didn't have good ratings and only made it one more year. Last Standing Man ended up going to a different TV network and went through 2021.

Kevin Sorbo has also been pushed out of Hollywood and has ended up going with more independent and out of this country studios like in Canada due to the way he was treated due to his Christian beliefs and support of President Trump.

I can go on and on in regards to the treatment of conservative by Hollywood, which most people are clearly aware of , but I just wanted to provide a small sample that shows this has been going on for decades. So what is it that I am complaining about? We have learned a long time ago to look elsewhere for our entertainment with the knowledge of how Hollywood has treated conservatives.

And that what I think is going to happen. A whole lot of opposites. Let’s face it, the left went beyond batshit crazy with ultra liberal stuff. Far beyond what most lefts were ok with, but they didn’t speak out about it because it’s “their side”. The pendulum will swing, hard and far, and we will be dealing with the same sort of batshit crazy, just on the opposite extreme.

I’m probably ok with 3-7 on the number line of liberal to conservative. Wouldn’t like everything near those edges, but could deal with it.

But yeah, I have a problem with kiddos and hormones and mutilation and normalizing some of the insane extremes.

And that what I think is going to happen. A whole lot of opposites. Let’s face it, the left went beyond batshit crazy with ultra liberal stuff. Far beyond what most lefts were ok with, but they didn’t speak out about it because it’s “their side”. The pendulum will swing, hard and far, and we will be dealing with the same sort of batshit crazy, just on the opposite extreme.

I’m probably ok with 3-7 on the number line of liberal to conservative. Wouldn’t like everything near those edges, but could deal with it.

But yeah, I have a problem with kiddos and hormones and mutilation and normalizing some of the insane extremes.
We got so busy over the politics that we missed commenting on the big time football recruiting commit on the 15th.

You obviously have not watched what has been going on for decades in Hollywood in regards to anyone that comes out conservative, so your comment really doesn't make any sense at all since a backlash against conservatives has been going on for as long back as I can remember!

I can easily name dozens of actors and actresses who have been blackballed by Hollywood over the last decade, so that is nothing new at all. Go and ask UNLV graduate Gina Carano what she thought of The Mandalorian for firing her based on her support of President Trump.

While ABC states they did not get rid of Tim Allen due to his support of President Trump, they cancelled Last Man Standing even while the show had good ratings. It was cancelled by far left leaning Channing Dungey and replaced by Once Upon A Time in 2017/2018. Funny how Once Upon A Time didn't have good ratings and only made it one more year. Last Standing Man ended up going to a different TV network and went through 2021.

Kevin Sorbo has also been pushed out of Hollywood and has ended up going with more independent and out of this country studios like in Canada due to the way he was treated due to his Christian beliefs and support of President Trump.

I can go on and on in regards to the treatment of conservative by Hollywood, which most people are clearly aware of , but I just wanted to provide a small sample that shows this has been going on for decades. So what is it that I am complaining about? We have learned a long time ago to look elsewhere for our entertainment with the knowledge of how Hollywood has treated conservatives.
Of course I’ve been watching and that’s my point. You cant complain about all of those numerous examples you gave me and others that have occurred out of one side of your mouth and then say someone should be fired because of what they said out of the other side of your mouth. Either all of it is fireable or none of it is. Too many only care when it’s their view that is getting impacted.

Yep I agree and that was my point too the majority only are concerned about cancel culture when it impacts them otherwise no problem with it. Yep me too that extreme stuff is insane and of course if you are in liberal California and say that you will have a host of people trying to take your job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT