ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Hawaii blowing out CSU in first half

I hope UNLV utilizes the shovel to an extent. We have some shifty runners. It’s almost a draw play with a starting point six or seven yards beyond a traditional draw play.
... and (hopefully) a couple of d-linemen removed from the equation.

I thought CSU said they should have been in the Big XII conference?

Always hated playing against the run and shoot. If you can't keep up you could get buried.

Love the UH helmets.

Williams could be the next big receiver for CSU. He and Carta-Samuels will do some damage this season.

It's good that we didn;t play Hawai'i like CSU without being prepared for that.
The flip side is that they will be much more comfortable in that offense by the time we play them.

Likely a shootout!

Reading about the Hawaii and Prarie View games just reinforce to me how hard it will be to get to that 6 win mark. For us, there are no gimmes. They have to be ready to play every week or they are going to come up short. Prairie View is not a bottom feeding FCS team, so we better be ready to take them seriously. I still feel we've got six wins in us, but I felt a little less sure Saturday night.

If they struggle with either of those teams, then UNLV has shown no improvement at all. Prairie View played a really bad Rice team that is ranked 128 out of 130 teams and lost, Hawaii jumped out early with a good running plan and held on to win. UNLV has done decent against the run and poorly against the pass, so should be able to handle Hawaii. For those who think that UNLV will struggle to get to 6 wins says they expect to see very little if any improvement for UNLV football.

I think the USC game will show if UNLV has improved by being at least competitive. If UNLV has shown even a decent amount of improvement at all, and the new defense shows any improvement, I would expect UNLV to win at least 7 or more games.

If they struggle with either of those teams, then UNLV has shown no improvement at all. Prairie View played a really bad Rice team that is ranked 128 out of 130 teams and lost, Hawaii jumped out early with a good running plan and held on to win. UNLV has done decent against the run and poorly against the pass, so should be able to handle Hawaii. For those who think that UNLV will struggle to get to 6 wins says they expect to see very little if any improvement for UNLV football.

I think the USC game will show if UNLV has improved by being at least competitive. If UNLV has shown even a decent amount of improvement at all, and the new defense shows any improvement, I would expect UNLV to win at least 7 or more games.

Agreed. Rice is absolutely horrible. The USC game should be very telling of where we are. I would not be surprised at all if we are competitive. The freshman QB and USC run defense are the wild cards IMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT