ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Best Tamales in Las Vegas!!!

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001

I was forced to pick a favorite. I know the best is the ones they sell outside the supermarket but these are NEXT level tamales..

Where my Mexicans at?

There's a place in downtown Vegas where you can get a bag of them for like 36 bucks for 12. That was the closest thing I've seen too authentic here. We're not Hispanic but my grandmother used to make tamales.... she was a diverse woman and well cultured. This is the closest place I've seen to that. Does anybody know the place I'm talking about? I now have a hankering for tamales 😋

Try Dona Maria Tamales up on N. Tenaya. It's awesome! They have beef, pork, chicken, sweet, or cheese tamales. If you order a dozen, they're only $30. Buy them and freeze the ones you don't want right away.

Scrub, please give us a little description of the differences. Is there a different in proteins such as chicken, beef or pork? I heard spicy or not. No meat variation. What is those leaves? Corn or banana leaves? Why the need to wrapped in aluminium foils?

One of my favorite South or Central America's dish is Menudo or Medungo. One is red soup and one is green soup, respectively but they are made with the same proteins. I love them with green or red hot sauce along with lime and condiments. And Tortilla.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Try Dona Maria Tamales up on N. Tenaya. It's awesome! They have beef, pork, chicken, sweet, or cheese tamales. If you order a dozen, they're only $30. Buy them and freeze the ones you don't want right away.

I’ve never had mole (pronounced mo-lay) which is spices, different types of chile AND chocolate.
There's a place in downtown Vegas where you can get a bag of them for like 36 bucks for 12. That was the closest thing I've seen too authentic here. We're not Hispanic but my grandmother used to make tamales.... she was a diverse woman and well cultured. This is the closest place I've seen to that. Does anybody know the place I'm talking about? I now have a hankering for tamales 😋
ver
Scrub, please give us a little description of the differences. Is there a different in proteins such as chicken, beef or pork? I heard spicy or not. No meat variation. What is those leaves? Corn or banana leaves? Why the need to wrapped in aluminium foils?

One of my favorite South or Central America's dish is Menudo or Medungo. One is red soup and one is green soup, respectively but they are made with the same proteins. I love them with green or red hot sauce along with lime and condiments. And Tortilla.
Yo dude, I bought some frozen tamales. So I’m just gonna give them away. I don’t ever want to go back to ones from the street.

ya know, they just kept feeding me and feeding me. I really liked this “molay”.

I’m not a spicy guy at all so the first tamale kicked my ass, the second one was more mild so I preferred that one. The third one was pork and that was pretty spicy. And the last one was the mole.

My chef doesn’t like animal products and I read each label not even HONEY. o_O . If there’s been an animal he’s done a terrific job of sticking to his diet.

The only problem. I’m getting freakin’ fatter

So this morning, I had the leftovers and me Lannae and Christa went for a walk. We were walking downhill and we went to the most EXPENSIVE dispensary in the universe. pisos dispensary is a POS. 40 bucks for a preroll..u gotta be kidding me.?

Tamales - Doña Maria is okay, probably best in town although not great
Carnitas - Carnitas Don Claudio
Mexican Seafood - La Mojara Loca
Best Mexican Food Overall - Chile Caliente.
Hands down most authentic place in Vegas. Dad owns Carnitas don Claudio.
Tacos - El Gordo, it's okay but not great. Best tacos are found in Tijuana and Mexico City.
My wife is from Puebla so I've had the best Mexican food in the world. Puebla is the gastronomical center of Mexican food.

Last edited:
I have recently returned from Cancun. The damn place looked like Florida. I had to take a taxi out off the area or city to get real Mexican's flavours.

I have recently returned from Cancun. The damn place looked like Florida. I had to take a taxi out off the area or city to get real Mexican's flavours.
Food-wise, Cancun is Horrible. It is catered to Americans and Europeans. That being said, love vacationing there. One of my favorite places.

Food-wise, Cancun is Horrible. It is catered to Americans and Europeans. That being said, love vacationing there. One of my favorite places.
I am living in Florida, hope you can understand. When I am requires to use my passport and time my ass need to sit on the airplane seats. When I come out, I would expect something different. Even the con men around the airport wear the same clothes as mines. As I rode the limousine to Dream or whatever resort...I notice how everything so sterile.

The damn beach is full of stinky ass seaweed....come and visit Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota if you want some white sand and beautiful sceneries.

Tacos - El Gordo, it's okay but not great. Best tacos are found in Tijuana and Mexico City.
My wife is from Puebla so I've had the best Mexican food in the world. Puebla is the gastronomical center of Mexican food.
I'm going to keep this list for the next Vegas visit.

I can't find any decent Mexican food in Colorado. I can't believe the shyt people will eat that's disguised as Mexican food. Roberto's would be a gourmet restaurant out here.

The m
I'm going to keep this list for the next Vegas visit.

I can't find any decent Mexican food in Colorado. I can't believe the shyt people will eat that's disguised as Mexican food. Roberto's would be a gourmet restaurant out here.
la Mojarra is very good. The Chile Colorado sucks ass though.

Dude, does anyone know a good place in Vegas that makes chili Colorado?

Man, I really liked Tito’s Tacos in Culver City. It was a little pricey but it was worth it. My family always gets cravings for it. The problem is that the grand daughter took over the business and the portions got smaller.

There was another store south of Culver City called Tom Tacos near the 91. And Tito’s tried to sue them..lol

After reading here yesterday I went over and picked up a dozen pork and chicken tamales at Dona Maria with rice and beans. Pork was really good but the chicken did it for me. even the rice and beans were great. Vacuum bagged the extras so super easy to heat up in hot water in a pan.

• Love
After reading here yesterday I went over and picked up a dozen pork and chicken tamales at Dona Maria with rice and beans. Pork was really good but the chicken did it for me. even the rice and beans were great. Vacuum bagged the extras so super easy to heat up in hot water in a pan.
I actually like the cheese with rajas ones. Pretty good.

Best tacos Taco Y Taco (had El Gordo) nothing close

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT